Forum: Community Center

Subject: Please, WHY is this happening?? (page goes all white!!

Lyne opened this issue on Apr 17, 2013 · 19 posts

Lyne posted Wed, 17 April 2013 at 7:01 PM

happens EVERY time I go to upload an image, and need to open a second instance of Rendo to find a product's creator (the name) to give proper link-credits!  Your site is getting harder and harder TO USE!

also happens when I simply open two instances of Rendo, like one in the gallery and the other in the store...

I use IE8, latest version, Win7 which works for ALL other web sites on the web!!!!

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Lyne posted Wed, 17 April 2013 at 7:03 PM

THIS happens EVERY time I try and use the forums, has since "the change" too... I have to refresh so many times to even HOPE it comes back right.

TinaK posted Wed, 17 April 2013 at 7:21 PM

Hi Lyne,

I am sure this is very fustrating and I will report this to the techs. 

Thanks

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

Lyne posted Sun, 21 April 2013 at 12:17 PM

Tina could it be the "css" style code? I changed mine a LONG time ago, when the site went through some huge changes...could the code I imputed to make the site way back then, be affecting it's functioning now? My friend says she has never seen this on her machine (same browser,etc.)

I thought MAYBE if I deleted ALL my style code, log out, clear all my cache, maybe Rendo site would just put the default code in and MAYBE the site would function better for me? I am really TRYING to use the site!!

Thanks!

PS ... oh... ALL I have in the box to edit my css is:

table { font-size: 18px; }

so guess that is not the problem of my on-going white backgrounds...  :(

TinaK posted Sun, 21 April 2013 at 5:02 PM

Hi Lyne,

I will bring your post to our programmers on Monday morning and I will let you know what they tell me.

Thanks

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

Miss Nancy posted Sun, 21 April 2013 at 8:21 PM

tina, I dunno why this is happening to lyne, but thanks for helping users here.  we appreciate your supportive attitude.

TinaK posted Sun, 21 April 2013 at 9:12 PM

Your welcome Miss Nancy I just hope we can get some answers to get things fixed.

Have a great evening.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

Lyne posted Thu, 02 May 2013 at 12:51 PM

still happening.... !

I have been ill, and so gone for a couple of weeks... last night I posted an image.... so in reading comments and going to those galleries...AND being inspired to TRY to SHOP BY CLICKING LINKS...the MINUTE I hit a link to go to the product, again both pages backgrounds turned white! I am frustrated beyond measure, racking my brain to try and understand...

I am not sure "which Monday it was taken to the programmers" and unsure why there are not other reports of this happening...

the ONLY thing I do that may be different is I actually set MY backgrounds in my Win7 to a darker shade of white, a dark gray so the white does not affect my eyes so much...but this does not affect my browser and this does not happen on any other site and DID NOT HAPPEN HERE BEFORE THE CHANGE....so this is something in the programming here! I just can't fathom what to do, but I end up staying AWAY, not able to enjoy or shop!!

This is a SERIOUS PROBLEM because the glaring white HURTS my eyes! I want to shop, I want to enjoy the gallery...but you can see how 1. it hurts to be here and 2. link words vanish when this happens!

HELLLLPPPP!!!  :(

I also am having the forum spread across the page so far that I can't read all the words ... please, I am SO DESPARATE I WOULD EVEN TRY ANOTHER BROWSER! I need a simple easy to use browser...being dyslexic... any suggestions as to which other (than IE) has worked best with YOUR site??

kenmo posted Thu, 02 May 2013 at 1:11 PM

Just tried it. Opened up two sessions to Renderosity using Chrome browser. No problems...

DreamerZ_Loft posted Thu, 02 May 2013 at 1:11 PM

Attached Link: Firefox Browser

Lyne, I have been using Firefox for years and have no problems with the new site now.  There were a couple in the beginning, but things are stable now. :) 

You can get it from the link above, it's free and it's a good browser, easy to use.

Edited to add:  I tried the Chrome browser but found it hard to figure out, too old to change my ways I guess. ;)

Jan

DanaTA posted Thu, 02 May 2013 at 1:14 PM Online Now!

Lyne, why are you opening a new instance of the browser?  Open a new tab instead.  Opening a whole new instance of IE uses a lot more resources than opening another tab in the existing instance.  I use Firefox and have two tabs with Renderosity right now, and often do that with this and other sites, for the same reasons you gave...I would have my account in one tab and a product search in another tab, things like that. 

I just tried IE8 and opened two tabs on Renderosity and there was no problem. 

I don't know what script or plug-in you use to change the background color, but it might be that it is incompatible with something on the site.  Or, as I said, it could be that opening two tabs would get you better results.  If you use too many resources, you can start to have video problems.  If I have too many tabs and too many other applications open, and open one more tab, sometimes the video goes nuts.  This happens a lot on the ShareCG site.  I think it's because they have so many graphics and links on a single page, but I'm not sure.

Dana

kenmo posted Thu, 02 May 2013 at 1:26 PM

I use IE, Firefox and Chrome... I much prefer Chrome....

Lyne posted Thu, 02 May 2013 at 2:01 PM

I will try the "two tabs" ... I also did a search on google for "white backgrounds" and found that they suggested UN CHECKING "use high contrast" in my accessabilty options... I did that and tested, even re-booted...it seemed to happen less often, but still got white background sometimes... but maybe this 'high contrast' thing is part of what is going on with me...have no idea how it got set as "on" - I would not want it, with my vision. sigh.

the reason I open to instances is that I keep forgetting what merchant created what product- so I open the store and go search for it, and come back to the "attach credit" part of the uploading screen... and NOTE: the white background happens mostly with the image uploading page (which of course makes it nearly impossible to use, I can't read the font that has vanished into the white background).

but as I said, I will try the "two tabs" thing...if I can figure out (with my darn brain) HOW to get to the marketplace, while not closing my uploading image page....

thank you !

PS now if I could just figure out how to make the forum posts shrink back from the un-readable horizontal stretched out view... I have to guess at what you all have written when it does that (all the time in forums for me).

DanaTA posted Thu, 02 May 2013 at 3:46 PM Online Now!

Quote -
...but as I said, I will try the "two tabs" thing...if I can figure out (with my darn brain) HOW to get to the marketplace, while not closing my uploading image page....

thank you !

Do you still have the Renderosity main menu at the top of the page when you are on the image upload page?  If so, click on MarketPlace, and right-click on What's New, or Marketplace Search, and a menu will pop up...select Open in New Tab.  :biggrin: 

Dana

Lyne posted Thu, 02 May 2013 at 9:46 PM

Yep! I did figure that out... fly out menu- open in a new tab (ack have no idea...I hit a key and this font went black...sigh)  anyway, it did seem to help keep the dark background!

DanaTA posted Thu, 02 May 2013 at 9:53 PM Online Now!

Great!  I'm so glad it helped!

Dana

Quote - Yep! I did figure that out... fly out menu- open in a new tab (ack have no idea...I hit a key and this font went black...sigh)  anyway, it did seem to help keep the dark background!

Lyne posted Sat, 01 June 2013 at 5:26 PM

To close this post (as far as I am concerned) IE continued to give me white backgrounds no matter how I opened a new instance of the website... BUT CHROME DOES NOT... I have made a new post talking about Chrome and IE, but the main thing is that so far no more white backgrounds that were making my life so miserable here.  Whew!

Fenier posted Sun, 02 June 2013 at 11:52 AM

The body tag has a gradient.  (line 53 in Blue.css).

Assuming IE is seeing this, this is why you are getting a white background (Because IE 8 and 9 do not support that.

http://caniuse.com/#search=linear-gradient

Lyne posted Sun, 02 June 2013 at 9:56 PM

Ohhhh!!! well the programmers HERE should have said as much, not just said "we'll get back to you when we find the problem" and I never heard back ... sheesh! But all is well that ends well, ie: using chrome for here. 

thanks! :)