Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: I sure hate growing old

Paul Francis opened this issue on Apr 18, 2013 · 43 posts

Paul Francis posted Thu, 18 April 2013 at 5:40 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22210378

Storm Thorgerson was one of the earliest influences on my artistic development as an illustrator, graphic designer and photographer; the Hipgnosis book "Walk Away Renee", those Pink Floyd album covers (I bought "Wish You Were Here" the day it came out in 1975 - can still smell the black vinyl wrapper it had, and the sheer wonder I felt when I saw those postcards!  Sorry young 'uns but your don't get THAT with MP3s!), the generally cool, but spot-on design awareness. 

At almost 53, I see icons and heroes from my youth now beginning to drop like flies, and it reminds me of my own mortality.  As Joan Bakewell (!) said, "our time is passing".  Shit. Fuck. We were supposed to have hover cars, meals in pill form, sexy androids and infinite life by now.  Can I have my money back?

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"