Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help with Hybrid Sylph Dress

shannonsuzanne opened this issue on May 04, 2013 · 3 posts

shannonsuzanne posted Sat, 04 May 2013 at 11:55 PM

Does anyone else own this dress?  If so, are there any tricks to using it? Or have you had any problems with it? I have followed the included tutorial to a T and I just can't get the thing to drape the way it is supposed to.  Not even with simple poses.  This is why I dislike dynamic!  

http://www.runtimedna.com/The-SylphDress-for-V4.html

Thank you!

Kalypso posted Sun, 05 May 2013 at 12:06 AM Site Admin

I was in a similar situation recently and thought I was doing everything right but I had neglected to set the correct number of frames in the simulation window.   It was a dress by Arki too, though not this one.   She does wonderful work so it's highly unlikely that it's the dress that's causing the issue.  

I was also certain I was doing everything correctly and was about to write to her to ask for help when it dawned on me what was wrong.  Arki's tutorial recommended setting the end frame at 45 and since I rarely change the number of frames I forgot to set it at 45 in the cloth room's New Simulation window. And this after playing with dynamic clothing for years :)   Hope it's something like that and you resolve it soon.

shannonsuzanne posted Sun, 05 May 2013 at 8:18 AM

I have run it several times step by step.  The frames are at 45.  The sleeves wont parent for some reason.

Maybe I will try the simpler dress first.