Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Sketch Render for newbie

putrdude opened this issue on May 09, 2013 · 6 posts

putrdude posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 1:37 PM

Hi,

Anyone have experience using the sketch renderer.  I tried the presets, but a simple model sketch comes out as barely discernable.  I can see that they are the same figures but most of the detail is lost.  I realize it's a sketch, but is there a any setting that can create a sketch that looks less like a painting and more like a detailed colored drawing?  Maybe more like comic book art?

Thanks!

markschum posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 6:10 PM

There were a few freebie sketch settings , I never got anything to work well. It seemed very specific to a scene..

Comics you can do with some toon shaders.

ashley9803 posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 1:54 AM

There are so many variables in the sketch render controls I find it essentially incomprehensible to achieve the effect I want.

Another approach could be to do a standard render and use a filter/s in a 2D app to get a painting or drawing or cartoon look.

PhotoFXlab apparently can do this to a photo (or render) using one of their filters. About $80 but I think you also need to buy the filters on top of that.

photofxlab

putrdude posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 2:45 PM

Thank you. Top one looks very nice.  I'll play around with photoshop and see if I can do it that way.  Just seemed like the sketch render "should" do it, alas.

Thanks

vlgraphics posted Sat, 11 May 2013 at 12:10 AM

Have you checked out Fotosketcher? It can do a decent job and best of all, it's free.

putrdude posted Sat, 11 May 2013 at 1:31 AM

Wow!  Thanks, worth a try.