Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What is the fitting room in Poser Pro 2014

strongbear opened this issue on May 28, 2013 · 9 posts

strongbear posted Tue, 28 May 2013 at 6:56 PM

I've read a description of the fitting room for Poser Pro 2014 but without having the program in front of me and seeing it in action, i'm still not entirely sure what it's supposed to do.

How much of an advantage is it over what we had before in Poser Pro 2012? I know there wasn't anything like this, but aren't most people using dynamic clothing anyway?

How does it improve previous conforming clothing?

I guess there isn't a feature in PP2014 that allows automatic adjustment of dynamic clothing yet, rather than having to reclothify the object all over again everytime you want to use a new pose? 

What are people's thoughts on the fitting room?

LaurieA posted Tue, 28 May 2013 at 7:09 PM

Poser's Fitting Room 101

Poser's Fitting Room 201

In answer to at least one of your questions, I don't see why it wouldn't work with dynamic clothing also. Fit, save prop to library for whatever figure you're fitting it to.

Laurie

Cyberdene posted Tue, 28 May 2013 at 8:15 PM

It would be even better if the fitting room lets me fit all of V4 hairstyles to M4, god knows I'm sick of the M4 figures being left out. If I could design my very own items, I would definately be M4 strictly. There is a tone of stuff for V4, and it makes it a real B**** telling stories when a lot of your scenes are limited to female models mostly. Almost everyone using Poser, only uses female models..Kind of sad since there is a M5 and David 4 now. So if the fitting room for Pro 14 lets me easily conform hair to different figures regardless if it was originally made for them or not, the fitting room probably won't serve me much of a purpose at all like it probably would for other people. I'm definately looking for better ways to expand my male library more, but its hard to when every Vendor ignore the male figures to death. 

moogal posted Tue, 28 May 2013 at 9:17 PM

Quote - How much of an advantage is it over what we had before in Poser Pro 2012? I know there wasn't anything like this, but aren't most people using dynamic clothing anyway?

I don't use dynamic clothing.  I like that when conforming clothes fit you can save them with your figure and they will be ready to work with later.  I may work with dynamic clothing again in the future, but it always seemed best for things like dresses and coats, and a bit too much hassle for tight fitting garments like jeans and Ts.

I think the room is a great idea because now we can model or buy clothing without much concern of which figure it's intended for use with. 

hornet3d posted Wed, 29 May 2013 at 3:58 AM

If you take a look at the Webinar on Poser 2014 you will see the the driving force behind the idea of the fitting room.  Bascally it is trying to change the 'Chicken and Egg' syndrome for new figures.  Nobody buys/uses a new figure because there are no clothes for it but venders will not make clothes because nobody is using the figure.  Now if you have vast library of say, V4 clothes, you can use your favorite figure and use the fitting room to make all the V4 stuff fit the figure you want to use.

I hope it works and encourages those with the talent to create even better figures for Poser. 

http://my.smithmicro.com/webinars/po...dex.html#Video

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

MistyLaraCarrara posted Wed, 29 May 2013 at 11:18 AM

there are some outfits i'd like to see on the Daz squirrel

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Fugazi1968 posted Wed, 29 May 2013 at 12:20 PM

Tis a mervelous thing in my opinion, I've played with it extensively.

How much of an advantage is it over what we had before in Poser Pro 2012? I know there wasn't anything like this, but aren't most people using dynamic clothing anyway?

**Sales wise dynamics are still way behind conforming clothes, so I think conformers are still the most popular. **

It is a whole new world for Poser users though, you can convert conforming to dynamic, dynamic to conforming, either style can be converted to a different figure.  It also transfers morphs from figures into clothing, which is very good indeed.  It's given me some very good results indeed, some of the best in fact.   It isn't perfect though, but still very powerful indeed.

How does it improve previous conforming clothing?

I'm not entirely sure it improves conforming cloth itself, though it extends your wardrobe.  Because you can convert clothing from one figure to another, so buy something for one figure, then you can convert it for use with your other figures.

I'm sticking to the word figures because I've experienced issues with morph transfers from V4 into a refitted clothing item.  I understand they are working on that though (Smith Micro that is)

I guess there isn't a feature in PP2014 that allows automatic adjustment of dynamic clothing yet, rather than having to reclothify the object all over again everytime you want to use a new pose? 

Dynamic cloth works the same way as it has always done, so no major update there.  The fitting room itself won't really help (though I'm having an idea that might work).  However the Soft Body Dynamics may be able to help a little with dynamics, though I need to do some testing on that.

**For people who make content it's great, I can't explain just how good it's going to be to me :)  It will be a godsend to Poser artists who will be able to convert clothes from one figure to another (dynamic or conformer) and inject their favourite morphs into conformers without too much hassle. **

Though that last thing can be done without the fitting room :)

Hope that helps.

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

martial posted Wed, 29 May 2013 at 2:58 PM Online Now!

For now ,the tests i did with new fitting room (ajust v4 clothes on anastasia gnd) was not so good :many cracks in the cloth ,hip not realy ajusted , cloth on legs still too long etc

But i have seen some good examples on forums  So i will try again There are  many parameters to try befor finding the correct way to fit for a specific cloth It is not suffisant to click prefit and fit

Cage posted Thu, 30 May 2013 at 12:37 AM

Shvrdavid has shown at RDNA how the new Morph Brush tools can be used to shrinkwrap one figure's shape to match another's.  Once that is done, the morph transfer tools of the Fitting Room should be able to accomplish morph transfer between figures.  If the shape match is robust enough, presumably faces.  Morph transfer like this, built into Poser, is sort of the Holy Grail for me, personally.  I'm very excited.

In terms of the fitting tools themselves, they look like they should be quite useful.  They should be able to provide more control than Wardrobe Wizard or Crossdresser, or the fitting method used with the Cloth Room.  But I am one of those people who favors conforming clothes for most purposes.  Back in the P5 days, I tried to go all dynamic.  I got tired of having to run a sim every time I posed a figure, and of the need to organize a pose as an animation to suit the simulation.  :lol:

This is exciting stuff they're doing with Poser.  :woot:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.