Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How do I delete timeline frames after accidently creating them?

Michaelab opened this issue on Jul 22, 2013 · 7 posts

Michaelab posted Mon, 22 July 2013 at 1:34 PM

I don't know how it happened, but my scene now has 30 frames on a timeline, each frame being a succeeding morphs of a particular object.

I only want frame 30. How do I delete frames 1 - 29 so I'm only left with frame 30?

Thanks.

markschum posted Mon, 22 July 2013 at 2:42 PM

did you run a cloth simulation ? that will do what you describe.

If no cloth sim , select frame 30 and do a cut (ctl z) then select frame 1 and paste (ctl v) on the keyframe editor. Then set the last frame to 1 and reply to the prompt about deleteing frames.

If you did a cloth sim just remember to work on frame 30 OR save the cloth prop as an obj (export) and then imoprt it as a prop. 

ErickL88 posted Mon, 22 July 2013 at 2:52 PM

You could open the "Animation Palette" window, mark the object at frame 30 with a mouse-click, optional you now can key frame it by clicking on the + sign in this window, copy it from frame 30 with "ctrl + c" and paste it with "ctrl + v" to frame 1. After that, you set the frame count  1 to 1 (you'll be getting asked by the programm, if you're sure you want to del. the frame, since this is undoable). Basically it's just copy and paste things over and deleting unnecessary frames.

(PP2012)

edt ... x-post with markschum =)

ironsoul posted Mon, 22 July 2013 at 3:09 PM

It's also possible to drag the frame 30 back to frame 1 using the mouse ( PP12 - don't recall being able to do that before?)

ockham posted Mon, 22 July 2013 at 3:16 PM

Still another way: 

Go to 30.

On main menu, Edit:Memorize:All

Go to 1.

On main menu, Edit:Restore:All

Set the total frames to 1.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Michaelab posted Mon, 22 July 2013 at 4:21 PM

Thanks all. I'll do one of the above. Thank you!

markschum posted Mon, 22 July 2013 at 6:52 PM

**@ErickL88 your was much more intelligible :-) **

**if you have run a cloth sim you cant move frame 30 and delete frames.