Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dawn in the Marketplace: Why no characters/textures?

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 22, 2013 · 13 posts

Photopium posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 3:43 PM

Seems to be light on these items.  I'm waiting to pounce on the first one I like.

Latexluv posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 4:03 PM

Umm, not a Rendo, but my first Character for Dawn, Avonaria, went live today at Dawn's home site. :)

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

FaeMoon posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 4:59 PM

I've bought several characters.  Virtual World's Niki and also Alexis at Hivewire, Sav's Maraki and Tempest3D's Lycia.  Exotique by MSTene at RDNA.  I bought Anglemoon's eyes.  I probably will get Sveva's girl when I get paid at the end of the month.  Pretty textures there. 

I would like a merchant recource skin though.  I know  you can use the default Dawn texture, but additional ones for other ethnicities would be good.

andolaurina posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 5:05 PM

More will come in time, I'm sure. I'm working on a character, and I know several other people are as well. 

There are some "intricacies" with Dawn that require a little extra work to make a high-quality texture and morph for her.

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

Photopium posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 8:50 PM

I didn't even realize there was a store at hivewire.  I live in a cave, it seems.  Thanks.

NanetteTredoux posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 11:47 PM

I am also scanning the stores waiting for another character that is not a pale caucasian. I have Exotique, and so far that has been the only one that suited my needs. If the texture converter utility becomes a reality I won't need any more caucasian skins for Dawn since I have more than 400 skins for V4. I am really trying not to buy any more white female characters.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

ssgbryan posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 1:32 AM

Quote - I am also scanning the stores waiting for another character that is not a pale caucasian. I have Exotique, and so far that has been the only one that suited my needs. If the texture converter utility becomes a reality I won't need any more caucasian skins for Dawn since I have more than 400 skins for V4. I am really trying not to buy any more white female characters.

You and me both.

drifterlee posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 5:53 AM

There is not enough diversity in characters and black characters often do not have black facial morphs.

Magic_Man posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 7:54 AM

Very shallow I know but I don't find them 'pretty' enough yet... sticking with my V4's by Mihrelle, Godin, P3Design etc. for now.

Helos posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 9:16 AM

Yes, me too! 

I'm waiting for a Dawn charactere/texture that really pleases me 

... and I really like my V4. 

Henning 

FaeMoon posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 11:06 AM

I bought 3D Coat and working on some faces for Dawn.  I might get adventurous this weekend and try textures, too.  

mamba-negra posted Sat, 24 August 2013 at 2:09 PM

Yeah, I'm looking forward to my favorite artists here offering Dawn characters....espcially for 3.50;)   (I know...fat chance...at least for now) 

I am happy to see lots of stuff for her. I've spent way more than I should have this month, mostly because of the new figure. 

FaeMoon posted Mon, 26 August 2013 at 1:49 PM

Quote - Yeah, I'm looking forward to my favorite artists here offering Dawn characters....espcially for 3.50;)   (I know...fat chance...at least for now) 

I am happy to see lots of stuff for her. I've spent way more than I should have this month, mostly because of the new figure. 

Sveva has a prime make up expansion for dawn based of the skin, but you could mix this with other's morphs and have lots of other options.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sv-dawn-skin/100555/

I'm getting this on payday.  :)