Forum: Blender

Subject: Help! Rendering in Blender behaving weird.

Darqmind opened this issue on Aug 30, 2013 · 13 posts

Darqmind posted Fri, 30 August 2013 at 11:19 AM

Hello everyone. Of lately the rendering part of Blender has been behaving strangely.

I am using Cycles ( version 2.68a)  and I have noticed that when I am rendering an image. The output is exactly the same as the one in the viewport.  Rendering with viewport in solid mode gives out white models.  Going with texture or material shows the textures but the lighting is flat.  I went for "rendered" viewport and the result is like solid..

I just decided to try with blender internal render. My orange lights show in  texture mode. I made a render of it.  I had my polys textured and lit and I noticed that the camera and the grid line were showing in the render so once again the render is exactly the same as in the viewport. I have tried the restore system default option to no avail.

I am considering reinstalling blender but I would like to know if there is another solution out there...

thanks in advance

PS I should add that returning to cycles didnt change the interface in the material and textures tabs.. I am bit worried that blender might mess up with my work.