Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT:Ever miss someone's passing that you shouldn't have missed the passing of in

Paul Francis opened this issue on Aug 31, 2013 · 5 posts

Paul Francis posted Sat, 31 August 2013 at 3:39 PM

Apologies to the Buzzcocks!

Today I downloaded a Kindle Fire/Android version of "The Lords of Midnight", a Sinclair ZX Spectrum game, which fittted into a 48K Spectrum with room to spare.  In 1984-1985 or so, when, after three years at art college,  I was on the dole in the grim North East of England, this game allowed me to escape and subsequently survive weeks and months of horrible reality.  I personally credit it with being one of the top 2 most creaitve and inventive computer games I have ever played (the other being "Knight Lore" by Ultimate Play the Game). 48K; bugger me!

Imagine my horror at discovering today that the author, Mike Singleton, passed away last year.  I'm gutted.  We need new heroes.

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

cedarwolf posted Sat, 31 August 2013 at 4:14 PM

Agreed.  I've missed the passing of many folks who were formative for me.

Fugazi1968 posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 3:12 AM

That's a real shame, I remember that game and I loved it :)

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

R_Hatch posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 8:16 PM

I'm fortunate that most of my heroes are youngish (middle-aged currently, rather than elderly). I do miss Lebbeus Woods :(

monkeycloud posted Wed, 04 September 2013 at 3:56 AM

My problem these days is that I have trouble remembering who is still alive and who isn't, out of the formative heroes (and generally, public personalities) of my younger days... :-(