Forum: Carrara

Subject: Simple Features That Would Add Value To Carrara Without Exorbitant Costs...

dr_bernie opened this issue on Oct 05, 2013 · 38 posts

dr_bernie posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 11:07 AM

I would like to start this thread to comtain requests for simple features, or featurettes, that would help Carrara become better, way better, at very little development cost.

I start with these 3 featurettes:

1. Shader list rollback. This featurette has been requested over and over for many years by many users. It shouldn't take more than 1/2 day to implement it.

2. A flag to enable/disable SSS globally. When you have 100 shaders with SSS, you want to be able to disable them for quick test renders without going into each shader one by one. I don't believe this featurette would take more than a day, at most two, to implement.

3. The ability to bring the selected object in front of the camera. Right now you press 0 (zero) to place the camera in front of the selected object. It would be great to have a shortcut, say shift+zero that would would place the selected object in front of the camera. This featurette would be very useful in large scenes (for example a highrise building) where the camera is in the 40th floor, then you double-click a piece of furniture and it is placed at the point of coordintaes 0,0,0 in the first floor. Now you have to drag it to the 40th floor manually. If one could just press shift+zero and it would place the selected object in front of the camera in the 40th floor, it would be a great time-saver. This featurette shouldn't take more than a couple of days to implement.

Please add your own request for featurettes to this list. But remember it must be featurettes not requests like a full implementation of Vray inside Carrara.