Forum: Blender

Subject: Help! Blender trouble again :)

Darqmind opened this issue on Oct 10, 2013 · 6 posts

Darqmind posted Thu, 10 October 2013 at 8:43 AM

Hello. I have a couple of problems with Blender once again..  I am hoping to have your input on those. :) Thousand thanks..

Ok first one. I don't know what's going on. I can't rotate or scale my model in object mode any more. I can do that in edit mode or by numeric input ( if that is the correct phrase) but not in object mode. Before you ask me.. yes.. I have locked the model in the "n" menu. And yes I have unlocked rotating in the three directions. (I am using XYZ euler which I believe to be default) Actually after unlocking the padlocks rotating is still not working. For verification I unlocked moving and scaling and if moving works scaling doesn't work either.

Ok here's my second issue. Actually this issue is twofold. I have been using the painting mode and saving my work in the image menu of the uv/image editor. Then I wanted to iterate and saved my image  as cave2.jpg and cave3.jpg .

things seemed to be working fine until I started exporting my cave  object to poser. I had used the baking tool to make a normal map of my cave. When I exported to poser I realized my cave was using the normal map as diffuse texture. this got me worried as I thought my diffuse texture had been overwritten but fortunately it wasnt the case. I have no idea why my cave was using the normal map as its diffuse map. I went to the material properties tab and  it says my material is using cave.jpg. So I thought ok I am going to change it to cave3.jpg since it's the latest version of my diffuse map . I click on open and choose it but it doesnt change the file its still cave.jpg. and it still exports the cave with the normal map as its diffuse map even though the normal map is called cave_normal.jpg. I tried changing in the texture tab. and in the image menu of the uv/image editor I still cant manage to get  cave3.jpg into the scene. I am going to try to use the node editor now. But I am curious to what's going on and if anyone's input could help understand how to fix this.

To be precise I have several material zones ( nine)  so that parts of the cave can be made invisible for camera placement. They all share the same uv mapping and diffuse maps. ( And unfortunately normal map too!) I can update the materials in poser but I want to have the control over what's going on in Blender..

Thanks for your help guys...