Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: PMD files with PP2014?

chris1972 opened this issue on Oct 14, 2013 · 8 posts

chris1972 posted Mon, 14 October 2013 at 4:40 PM

I have a customer that site mailed me saying he is having a problem with one of my characters, none of the FBM dials are working in PP2014.

I created this in PP2012. I have sold over 200 units of this figure and have never had a reported problem.

Is there any reason why a FBM dial under "other" would not work in PP2014.

I'm trying to help this customer, but not sure where to begin.

Any help would be appreciated.

WandW posted Mon, 14 October 2013 at 7:54 PM

Make sure his Poser fully updated for a start...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

lesbentley posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 3:01 PM

Which figure is the character for? Does your character use custom morphs, or does it rely on third party morphs such as the DAZ ++ morph pack? The more info you can give, the better chance we have of nailing the problem.

If we had the files here in front of us, we could probly give you an answer in a few minutes, but as we don't, you have to paint a picture for us, with as much detail as possible.

chris1972 posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 3:56 PM

V4

This is the pz2 that creates the dials

chris1972 posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 3:58 PM

And this is a portion of the pmd file

chris1972 posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 4:02 PM

there are no 3rd party morphs

bblogoss posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 7:33 AM

Cross talk problem ?

I think we should have actor BODY:1 in the pz2 instead of actor BODY

lesbentley posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 1:12 PM

Quote - I think we should have actor BODY:1 in the pz2 instead of actor BODY

No, 'actor BODY' is correct in a pz2 file, though 'actor BODY:1', is also correct in this location within the file. Where it becomes important to leave the colon (:) and figure number out, is in the slaving code. In a pz2 file, If you use the code...

valueOpDeltaAdd
                Figure 1
                BODY:1
                SomeMorph
            deltaAddDelta 1.000000

... you are telling the channel to slave to the figure that uses ':1' as the figure number. If you apply such a pose to the second figure loaded, the channel will be slaved to the first figure loaded, which is not what you want most of the time. On the other hand when coding directly into a cr2, eg with a text editor, you should include the figure number (unless the channel is meant to super-conform).

Using the figure number in the slaving code of pz2 files was a mistake that DAZ made (have they fixed that yet?), which caused huge problems.

chris1972, assuming that you have not used figure numbers in the slaving code, then the only other thing that I can think of is if the pmd file is not in the expected location. Your file says...

injectPMDFileMorphs cww_Rosetta.pmd

... This will cause Poser to look in the same folder as the pz2 was executed in to find the pmd. I'm not sure what happens if the pmd is not found in the expected location, whether Poser continues searching or just gives up, it may depend on how the Search is configured in General Preferences.

Perhaps you could get the user to send you a cr2, saved after the pose was applied. This should let you confirm that the morph deltas have indeed been loaded, and that the figure number in the slaving code is the same as in the rest of the cr2.