Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Need help with Poser 9 and DSON, M5

farsunset opened this issue on Oct 28, 2013 · 19 posts

farsunset posted Mon, 28 October 2013 at 12:15 AM

Hi:

Long story short.I purchased the complete Poser 9 from Smith Micro, installed it, and all the most recent versions of the DSON import plugin and related files and Michael 5.The installation had no errors or problems.

Problem is that when I try to load Michael 5 or any of the DSON scripts or utilities I get  the same python error dialog box pops up saying " No module named DSON." The module is there, as are all the files. In addition to doing everything in the installation docs, I have spent weeks scouring forums and blogs on the net and have followed any advice or tips to no avail.  

The worst and most frustrating part of all this is the fact that I dont have any desire to use Poser 9. I use Poser 7 and dont see any need to change, I prefer the interface. The only reason I did all this is that I need to get an idea of how well the genesis character works in Poser, such as importing BVH motion files and applying .pz2 motion poses. Additionally I needed to see if it is possible to export the M5 charcter rig out as a BVH so that I can import it into different applications.  I have a website where I sell motion sequence sets for Poser and DAZ characters, mostly M4 and V4, and my goal for the new year is to convert them to work with genesis. To do that I need the rig in either fbx or bvh format so I can use motion editing apps to do the conversions.

I am looking for someone who can get this working and / or export Michael 5/6 and Victoria 5/6 from their working setup. Willing to pay or let that person have their choice of any of the motion sets on my web site. Preferably someone who lives in or near my area of Corona, California. ( About an hour east of LA)

Thanks and hoping for assistance, any of which would be appreciated.