Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Get Renderosity products free (legally!)

Wonderland opened this issue on Nov 25, 2013 · 11 posts

Wonderland posted Mon, 25 November 2013 at 6:20 PM

By recycling! I save all my recycling items (bottles, cans, etc...) and bring them in every couple of weeks or so and I make $10-$20 that I put into my Renderosity fund. If you are a Renderosity addict like me, it's a great way to subsidize your habit! Save the planet and create art!

ART BY ALICIA HOLLINGER

www.AliciaHollinger.com
FACEBOOK: Alicia's Page TWITTER: @AliciaHollinger INSTAGRAM: @AliciaHollinger

Hana-Hanabi posted Mon, 25 November 2013 at 6:26 PM

Funny, we actually have to pay to recycle. We have curbside, and it costs about $20 for a bin. For glass, we have to bring it to a neigbborhood collection point. For plastic bags and styrofoam, we have to drive for 30 minutes to a special collection point. 

Great idea if you have places that pay you to bring things in, though!

花 | 美 | 花美 | 花火 
...It's a pun. 

Wonderland posted Mon, 25 November 2013 at 6:36 PM

In California and other states they automatically add on 5 cents per bottle or can, so you are really just making your money back. Maybe other states don't pay, not sure. A lot of homeless people in California live off going through people's blue bins and public trash bins and bringing in CRV bottles and cans. 

ART BY ALICIA HOLLINGER

www.AliciaHollinger.com

Magnatude posted Mon, 25 November 2013 at 8:45 PM

Heh, thats one way to do it... but I wont ask how you got that Alien...  O.o

Carrara 7 Pro, Anime Studio Pro 8, Hexagon 2.5, Zbrush 4.6, trueSpace 7.6, and Corel Draw X3. Manga Studio 4EX, Open Canvas 5, WACOM Cintiq 12WX User

rokket posted Tue, 26 November 2013 at 12:11 AM

Quote - Heh, thats one way to do it... but I wont ask how you got that Alien...  O.o

You've never watched 'American Dad'? :blink:

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Wonderland posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 10:59 AM

Actually it's an X Files prop. I joke that he's my boyfriend. I live in LA, same difference..... ;)

ART BY ALICIA HOLLINGER

www.AliciaHollinger.com

Magnatude posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 1:58 PM

Alternate route... although may me illegal in some counties.

Carrara 7 Pro, Anime Studio Pro 8, Hexagon 2.5, Zbrush 4.6, trueSpace 7.6, and Corel Draw X3. Manga Studio 4EX, Open Canvas 5, WACOM Cintiq 12WX User

Hana-Hanabi posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 2:11 PM

You win an internet, Magnatude! Haha!

花 | 美 | 花美 | 花火 
...It's a pun. 

Miss Nancy posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 2:39 PM

it poses interesting question: how many dumpster-diving raids for soda cans/bottles would it take to buy PP2014?

MikeMoss posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 4:00 PM

In Michigan they put a .10 deposit on any container that has carbonated beverages in it.

When I was a kid 65 years ago it was .03 to .05 depending on the size and we would collect every bottle in the neighborhood, turn them in and then spend the day at the amusement park with the money.

The part I never understood is that they don't put a deposit on the same container if the beverage isn't carbonated.

Coke, beer and Pepsi, deposit, Tea and Lemonade no deposit.  Weird!

Now I collect them in a big bin in the garage.

Sometimes when I get around to taking them back I get $60.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

Wonderland posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 7:43 PM

Haha Magnatude, love it! :)

ART BY ALICIA HOLLINGER

www.AliciaHollinger.com