Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: INJecting Shader Dials

Iuvenis_Scriptor opened this issue on Nov 26, 2013 · 3 posts

Iuvenis_Scriptor posted Tue, 26 November 2013 at 11:53 PM

Does anyone have any ideas about how to write a PZ2 that can INJect ShaderNode dials (i.e. the type of dial that appears when you animate a material parameter)?  So far, I have a PZ2 that works if called directly by the CR2 when loading, but I can't get it to work as a double-clickable pose that can be applied after the figure has loaded.  Everything I've tried either doesn't do anything or crashes the program.

A bit of background: I've built a shader with several Math and Blender nodes which I've animated and then enslaved the resulting dials to a group of masters.  I then saved a MAT preset with references to the slave dials baked in.  Upon applying this preset, I can then change features like skin tone and eye color just by spinning those master dials. 

I think this could be marketable, but so far, I can't create the slave dials without building them directly into a customized CR2, which of course I can't redistribute due to copyright on everything that was already in the original CR2.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated (and perhaps even rewarded with a free copy if it ever becomes a product for sale)!

EnglishBob posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 3:42 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2852563

I've a suspicion this may not work. I haven't tried exactly what you're trying to do, but my attempts at making an animated material file failed spectacularly - see link, in particular millighost's reply about a third of the way down. I'd imagine that using a PZ2 instead of an MT5 / MC6 would be little different.

hborre posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 8:24 AM

The only thing that comes to mind is Bagginsbill's Parmatic script which allows dials to be loaded into Parameter/Properties for Material Room nodes changes.  It is node driven but the script to makes those nodes appear in the Parameters tab must run first.  Below is the link for the free Parmatic version 2.  Definitely this can be save into a PZ2.

https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/free-stuff/parmatic