Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: INJecting Shader Dials

Iuvenis_Scriptor opened this issue on Nov 26, 2013 · 3 posts

Iuvenis_Scriptor posted Tue, 26 November 2013 at 11:53 PM

Does anyone have any ideas about how to write a PZ2 that can INJect ShaderNode dials (i.e. the type of dial that appears when you animate a material parameter)?  So far, I have a PZ2 that works if called directly by the CR2 when loading, but I can't get it to work as a double-clickable pose that can be applied after the figure has loaded.  Everything I've tried either doesn't do anything or crashes the program.

A bit of background: I've built a shader with several Math and Blender nodes which I've animated and then enslaved the resulting dials to a group of masters.  I then saved a MAT preset with references to the slave dials baked in.  Upon applying this preset, I can then change features like skin tone and eye color just by spinning those master dials. 

I think this could be marketable, but so far, I can't create the slave dials without building them directly into a customized CR2, which of course I can't redistribute due to copyright on everything that was already in the original CR2.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated (and perhaps even rewarded with a free copy if it ever becomes a product for sale)!