Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Questions to do it right..

-renapd- opened this issue on Jan 04, 2014 · 12 posts

-renapd- posted Sat, 04 January 2014 at 4:48 AM Online Now! Site Admin

During the holidays I've decided to give it a try and start using DS too via DSON in Poser. I've downloaded everything I need from DAZ but I find it hard to start installation before I get some clarifications..

I know I must install DSON in my Poser program path.

But when it comes to DS.. I have a few questions that I need to know the answers clearly before I start..

If I install DS in my program files folder like the rest of programs, do all genesis stuff have to be there too? I ask because DAZ gave me a lot of genesis files that accompany the DS installation. That must take a lot of space that I don't want to acquire from my main HD. It's a fast SSD  that I keep clean just with programs as it's not huge.. My endless Poser Runtimes with stuff from the very start (even Poser4 content) I keep on my other hard drives that are endless Terras.

So.. is there a way to have content installed on another hard drive and not in Program Files along with DS? Or is it OK to install DS on another HD despite the fact it will work with DSON installed in Program Files along with Poser?

Do I need to get the Genesis content that comes with DS in the same location with the program or not?

Will I be able to install extras (clothes etc plus Genesis 2 stuff) on other hard drives?

All these questions are currently confusing as I don't know the answer for sure to any of them! I hate installing and uninstalling.. so I need to know before hand to get this right from the very start otherwise I'll forget about it.

I wish DS files were editable text like Poser ones that I could alter paths if need be - then there would be no need for all those questions.. but clearly DS doesn't work that way so I definately need clarifications.. 

Yes, I AM an organizing freak! :) Your experienced help will be appreciated more than you know! :)

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."