Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Does anyone have a "Long nailbed morph" ? By any chance?

Threshroge opened this issue on Apr 19, 2014 · 8 posts

Threshroge posted Sat, 19 April 2014 at 11:39 AM

Buying one.. for v4.2

KimberlyC posted Mon, 21 April 2014 at 12:23 AM

KimberlyC has moved this thread from the MarketPlace Showcase forum to the Poser forum as of Monday, April 21, 2014 12:23 am.

bantha posted Mon, 21 April 2014 at 1:58 AM

Do you have an example image? This does not sound difficult to make, but I would need a reference picture.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Threshroge posted Mon, 21 April 2014 at 2:45 AM

Quote - Do you have an example image? This does not sound difficult to make, but I would need a reference picture.

Well lets first state I spoke rather incompletely on this forum. Forgive me. Read my in depth explanation.

Ehh lets down to the nitty gritty. I like fingernails for the wrong reasons. Shouldnt have a problem with it. One of the things I dislike is that the tips of the fingers from the point where the last knuckle is, and on, are at a static length. This is known as “Nailbeds” to females.. Some have short, just naturally, and some have longer. What it is essentially is stretching both the finger and nail right at the base of the nail outward to lengthen the finger (Because we’re talking about an extension of the finger AND the nail at a certain spot of the finger.) I’m not gonna =not= assume this can be done since theres twofinger morph and other stuff like that…. so… I buy in for forty bucks. Anyone buy that? Because people are making these morph characters for like 8 or 9 dollars each..

Whatll it take to haved somone whip somethin up like that. Fifty bucks? Fifty bucks hate to make this sound like an auction… but please…
Whoops, might I add that I’m buying that for the poser character Victoria 4.2

__Re:

I think I understand the question.  Please correct me if I’m wrong, but instead of making the nails longer (like letting them grow), you want to make the base of the nail (the part that’s attached to the finger tips) longer.

My fingers are fairly long, but my nail bases are of average length.  I do remember a lady who worked at my old office years ago who had long nail bases.  Once her nails were polished, you couldn’t tell from a distance whether she had let her nails grow, or that was just how long her finger tips were.

That all said, I don’t know if what you want can be done.  OK, I just clicked on V4’s lThumb3, which is the tip of her left thumb, where the nail resides.  I then went to the Parameters tab and unhid the Scale parameters (they’re hidden for the finger tips), and tried each of xScale, yScale and zScale, and all it did was distort her left thumb in each direction.

I think if you wanted something like this, it would definitely have to be modeled into the mesh with specific morph(s) to do exactly that.  I don’t see anyway it can be done with existing character meshes.

_Re:

sample images and good "idea" of what i mean in IMAGE detail by replying user available at:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/40278/

__Re:

Im looking on both boards daz3d and renderosity making this post. I see you struck gold with those two samples so let me know if you have sometihng that does that for v4 or a clue on how to get that. Your two cents (both of you guys) were two thousand fold. My head is is going in different directions trying NOT to indulge people into work im not going to pay them so dont go ahead and get anything for me but very wonderful job. You’re very right, both you two forum speakers have been very correct on what “I mean”.Although even though very correct those two samples images are, the one on the right has the FIGNERS longer which is great! but just finger3 (the last knuckle to the joint) is all I really want spread!

Threshroge posted Mon, 21 April 2014 at 4:20 AM

I dont need the modificatoin anymore. I close this post.

Threshroge posted Mon, 21 April 2014 at 4:34 AM

Actually yeah I still do. My work around (Extending index3 scaleX property) is buggy.

bantha posted Mon, 21 April 2014 at 4:14 PM

Something like this?

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Threshroge posted Mon, 21 April 2014 at 4:21 PM

Well, bantha, I have been working towards it and my best bet is with using d-formers on the last knuckle of the fingers. If you used it on that photo very good job but I was still looking for a thinner, longer shape. I sort of get the idea