Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: Possible new tut

EricofSD opened this issue on May 14, 2014 · 7 posts

EricofSD posted Wed, 14 May 2014 at 1:01 AM

I was considering a new "making of..." but I notice that the making of the latham no longer shows here and the archives show nothing.

Was there a reason why my thead was deleated?  Would you prefer that I not run through the making of another model?

airflamesred posted Wed, 14 May 2014 at 2:08 AM

Attached Link: here

The search is all messed up

Warlock279 posted Wed, 14 May 2014 at 3:25 PM

Indeed, your thread wasn't deleted, but anything that's inactive for more than 30 or 45 days [i forget which] ceases to show up in the forum, but it'll remain available via the often clumsy search feature. If you take a look around, you'll notice some of the more inactive forums on the boards, might have no threads showing, even tho that forum might show as having "new posts" simply because its been awhile since the thread was active.

Core i7 950@3.02GHz | 12GB Corsair Dominator Ram@1600mHz | 2GB Geforce GTX 660

Lightwave | Blender | Marmoset | GIMP | Krita

EricofSD posted Thu, 15 May 2014 at 1:23 AM

Ok, thanks.  Too bad there isn't an "archive" button.

I'd like to scroll back in time but apparently this is only doable if I know exactly what to look for.

Bummer.

airflamesred posted Thu, 15 May 2014 at 5:53 AM

Press the search and put the dates in and you can be transported back to a time when 2000 was a high poly count and MS where breaking new ground with windows 98.

diastrophus posted Fri, 30 May 2014 at 8:49 AM

I really wish the tutorials and "making of" posts in this thread were stickied.

EricofSD posted Wed, 25 June 2014 at 2:56 AM

Funny, I updated waterfox and the "archive" button showed up.  Go figure. 

And... I posted in the community forum that I wished we had an archive button.  Ok, so, its time for shrimp on the barbi and a few laughs!

And Diastrophus, be careful what you wish for. When I posted the Making of the Latham, I had never made a ship before.  I did not know if I could do it.  I really wanted to do it so I worked to make it happen.  I had to backtrack once or twice and say later "don't do what I did earlier." 

But it was fun, real fun, and I want to do another "on the fly" model.