Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Need help with Poser 9

Batsarse opened this issue on Jun 09, 2014 · 4 posts

Batsarse posted Mon, 09 June 2014 at 5:06 AM

Being on a limited budget, I've recently purchased a new and still-sealed Poser 9 and installed it (I'd have gone with the more recent version if I could have afforded it!)  However, there's some sort of issue with the libraries that I can't resolve - namely, that the screen remains blank and they won't open.  Clicking on it just gets an unhelpful Windows error sound.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, on an Intel i7 2.67GHz CPU and an NVidia GeForce GTX660 graphics card.

The screenshot included should hopefully make it clear what I'm up against.  Any advice or recommendations would be gratefully received. 

cspear posted Mon, 09 June 2014 at 5:09 AM

The one in the box probably isn't the latest version. You need to update.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

aRtBee posted Mon, 09 June 2014 at 5:27 AM

the docked one - which you're showing, requires Flash. Since you're using Poser (a 32bit program) in a 64-bit Windows environment, you might need the 32-bit Flash as well.

the undocked / external window one requires Air, this can be set for in Preferences. Same 32/64bit story then. But I'm not sure if that's Poser Pro only.

Perhaps this helps, my 2ct. And indeed, get the latest SR available.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

Batsarse posted Mon, 09 June 2014 at 7:12 AM

Thank-you, everyone.  It's working now :)