Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: "Take it to Sitemail" Campaign

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jun 09, 2014 · 86 posts

EClark1894 posted Mon, 09 June 2014 at 10:52 AM

Hi folks. As some of you know, in the past week we've had a couple of threads get locked by AmbientShade because of excessive arguing by some participants. Some arguments were started by trolls, and some were by people feeding the trolls. By now, everyone should know the rules about trolls:

1. Never expose them to sunlight

2. Don't get them wet

3. No matter how irritating they become, never ever respond to them on a message board

I'd like to propose the "Take it to sitemail" campaign, assuming none of the mods or admins have a problem with it. Basically, all it is is an attempt by all the peaceloving people of the forum to squelch an argument before it gets to heated by encouraging  the participants to take up their argument privately by sitemail. You see an argument breaking out just post "Take it to Sitemail, please!" I believe if enough of us do that, we could squelch a lot of arguments before they get too heated and end up getting the thread locked.

I think it will work on a good number of arguments that break out here in the forum and for the few that we can't arrest, I think we should be quick about notifying  a moderator of the argument, particularly when the arguing starts becoming personal.

Finally, I try to live by one simple fact when I post in these forums. I might LIKE a lot of you guys, but I don't personally KNOW any of you guys. So what you all think, while I might respect your opinion, in the long run doesn't really mean squat to me. So if you do find yourself in an argument with someone, and they just can't or simply refuse to see your side of things... LET IT GO! Let it go! i am one with the wind and sky. Let it go, let go! You'll never see me cry! :)