Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: need some help on a re install of Daz 4.6

woodcarver2 opened this issue on Jul 26, 2014 · 6 posts

woodcarver2 posted Sat, 26 July 2014 at 4:18 PM

Ok guys and gals I need some advise on reinstalling Daz4.6 . Thru the years of installing and uninstalling stuff my runtimes have really gotten corrupt I have some runtimes within runtimes from bad installs and file set ups in programs that I downloaded. I now unzip to a temp folder all the time so that will not happen again so  I think the only way forward is to reinstall Daz and maybe not put everything back in  so it will run better and faster. not sure on that but makes sense to me if there is not so much stuff to look at it may run faster and it will help me not to have to look and try and fine something that I want to use.  if there is something that I need later on I can try and find it in my back up folder and install it then. hopefully anyway.  the problem is that I don't have my Daz program installed were everyone else has and not sure were all the files are at that I need to delete before I reinstall daz, My DAZinstall is on drive J: but other things are in my Documents and in program files. seems that they are every were. so if some one can tell me a better way to install Daz I sure will but I don't like to put things on C: drive because that is the drive that seems to crash more then any other on a system. doing a new install I would like to keep my "*Daz install manager"    and * just point it to the new install drive  so I can  get  all of the things that I have paid for back into the program  Does anyone have any thoughts on this and how to make it the lease painful in doing it.

please help if you can so I can get this thing back up and working again.  let me know how you all have yours installed with out being on the default drive if you have a setup like I do.  and how does yours work.

I am on a windows 7  64 bit with 16 gig of memory and a 9800 video card with 1 gig on the card.

thanks for any help

woody2