Forum: Blender

Subject: Remember Painting OBJ Tutorial

kimbersue opened this issue on Aug 13, 2014 · 5 posts

kimbersue posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 7:55 PM

Hi, While I know how to run several 3D programs, blender's control panel had been very hard for me to learn. All I want to learn at this time is how to paint on a object file and have a texture map from the painting. 

I've look for a good tutor with little luck. Can someone recommend a good tutoral to help me learn how to find the painting area. I've found it a few times and I do understand how to paint an object file once in the right area because of have many years experience with corel paint products. However I can't seem to get the painting area on purpose nor how to get the texture after I've painted the object.

Thank you

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

Cybermonk posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 9:57 PM

Attached Link: A Painting Tut

While there are ways to manually set up for Uvmapping and painting the quickest is just to select the  UV mapping windows layout. There are a bunch of Tutorials on Youtube. Just search for Blender painting Tutorial. I include a link to one to get ya started.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination".

Albert Einstein

kimbersue posted Thu, 14 August 2014 at 8:17 AM

Thank you, I didn't even think to search youtube.

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

Cybermonk posted Thu, 14 August 2014 at 3:30 PM

No problem :) 

Blender Cookie is also a good spot for tutorials not all are free but many are.

http://cgcookie.com/blender/

Blender Artist is a really active forum. You can pick up alot by just browsing the forums. If you have a question somebody wil have an answer: It mite even be right lol :D

http://blenderartists.org/forum/index.php

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination".

Albert Einstein

uresaman posted Fri, 26 September 2014 at 8:11 AM

I'm a citizen of Blender Cookie and you get acess to all of the cookie sites, tutorials and courses--for 18 dollars month you get a lot of cluck for your buck and the Cookie team is very responsive.