Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: IBL-HDRI

sheedee3d opened this issue on Aug 14, 2014 · 19 posts

sheedee3d posted Thu, 14 August 2014 at 6:08 AM

Hello;

I need some clarity on this:

All those free HDRI sets...most of them are composed of 5 or 6 different files.

Up to now i have been using mostly the 3K HDR file...like the top file in the attached image.  And my work flow is usually to attach this HDR file to BB env sphere in Poser.

As a result i get final renders that are properly lit by the HDR attached to the sphere.

Occasionally i add a light or two of my own to the scene...like an indirect light and maybe a specular...but mostly i just let the scene to be iluminated globally by just the HDR image...and that works quite fine for me in most cases.

My question is...all the other files that come in the set...like the ENV HDR and the Court IBL and the court 8K...what is the purpose of those files?...must those be added also to the scene...or the sphere?...because usually i can add only one...its either one or the other...not all at the same time!...

Or i guess that a better question would be...which one of these files is the one that has to be oficially added?...or does it not matter?...i am pretty sure that each one has a purpose!...i just have to know the differece between the files.

Whic one has to be actually added to the sphere?...

Thx for your time.

Cheers.