Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Meet Video Vixens Chessie 1.0

Ragtopjohnny opened this issue on Aug 21, 2014 · 98 posts

Ragtopjohnny posted Thu, 21 August 2014 at 10:34 PM

This is Video Vixens Chessie 1.0.   This is NOT my texture set.  My own textures will be coming.  Just wanted to show my morph of my favorite vixen out the series line up so far.

Poser Pro 2012/3DS Max 2013/Adobe Photoshop Elements 10/Zbrush/

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

AmbientShade posted Thu, 21 August 2014 at 11:07 PM

Ok pick a thread and stick to it please. You've created 3 different threads about the same figure in the last 2 days. This is completely unnecessary. You don't need a new thread every time you have new images of the same model to post. You can post them all in the original thread you started. 

pumeco posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 5:10 AM

I think he's just really going for knocking the standard V4 off the popularity top spot :biggrin:

I agree though, and it would be cool (and fun) to have a thread dedicated to Ragtop's Vixens.  I just wish I knew what it was all about, so out of curiosity I just Googled "Video Vixens" and I'm still no wiser - can't even find a series called "Video Vixens".

Is it a TV series or do you mean something else?

The title sounds like it's from the VHS days.  But Ragtop, if you do start a dedicated thread for your Vixens, I reckon you should open it with an introduction about what it is because no one seems to know.  Then when you post new ones, the guys can compare them to the real one and give pointers and opinion.

rokket posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 5:38 AM

I believe they are 70's and very early 80's p*rn stars if I am not mistaken...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

pumeco posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 5:45 AM

Ah, cheers, I thought it was a new TV series or something :-D

piersyf posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 6:18 AM

Aparently 1989 onwards (in a previous thread he gave her full name). She turns 55 this year. She has an entry on boobpedia (no, I'm not making that up).

terrancew_hod posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 6:24 AM

What program are you using to make the morphs? I think you need to go back and smooth out all those jagged edges throughout her body (and breasts) and fix the body where it's bending at the elbows and knees. And it looks like her breasts are smashed instead of rounded. Look at the right breast and see how the area below the nipple is flat and slightly pointed.

Also unless people have a copy of Morphing Clothes or Poser Pro 2014, they won't be able to clothe the figure with that custom morph. Any clothing will just poke right through unless they're using dynamcis. Thing about morphing V4 or any poser character is that you can create custom head morphs with generally no issue, but you can't morph the body unless a vendor is supporting your product with custom fits in their clothing.

pumeco posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 6:41 AM

@piersyf**
I thought you might be having a laugh at first, but no, "Boobpedia" does exist cause I just checked!

Ragtopjohnny posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 8:29 AM

I have to do the go z work on her today.   Didn't realize it made it so blobby on the mesh.  Will smooth it out in there and you can all expect an update later.  From now on, I'll use this thread and I'll also post real and figure comparissons as I'm working so that good opinions can be formed.

Sorry for the multiple threads, and I'll make sure I focus on this one from now on.   Sort of like the  "Chessie Sketchbook...."

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

vilters posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 8:46 AM

@ Pumeco

He is building a "Chessie Moore" morph for V4.

@ Johnny

The breasts need a lot more work, as does the face.
And as you have said already, some smoothing is some area's.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Ragtopjohnny posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 9:01 AM

Thanks Vilters - appreciate the suggestions.  Doing the Zbrush thing with her today.  I'll have more tonight following.  Friday, so I usually finish early on these days and enjoy the fruits of my labor with what I have completed.

Have a good one everybody. Will be back later.

vilters posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 9:05 AM

Without a bra, the breasts need to be at least 5" lower. LOL.

pumeco posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 9:15 AM

I like how Vilters is an expert on breast dynamics :lol:

vilters posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 9:30 AM

Ha-ha-ha-,
I think it must have been since Poser3, that I have been adapting "glued on balloons" (on ALL figures) to breasts.

Breasts are the womans strongest (or not so strong) points.

And damm, how is it possible that nobody ever even tries to model them correctly.

Legs are mostly OK. Even Posettes legs where not so bad at the time.
But breasts? ?

For her age? Roxie has the best pair.

pumeco posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 9:56 AM

Yeah, the other Poser Girls are crazy jealous of my pert puffies!!!
Plus, I can stay 18 for as long as I like (which pisses the human girls off no end).

I might let you be my friend again after that comment and the bikini you made for me.

Later,
Roxie - Girl With Blade

Ragtopjohnny posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 1:32 PM

This is the before and after for V4 and Chessie 1.0.  I'm just about satisfied with the Morph. Gonna be time to hit the textures soon.

pumeco posted Sat, 23 August 2014 at 5:49 PM

Looking better Johnny, but you gotta get rid of that line across the top of the breasts, it's too sharp, makes them look like seperate objects.  Haver you tried using Poser's built-in smoothing brush?

RorrKonn posted Sun, 24 August 2014 at 12:15 AM

Ragtopjohnny : what table are you using ?
V4 has a ridiculously high polycount.So you half to use zBrush.
but it's a lot easier to morph a lower polycount mesh Roxie,V6 in Max.

boobpedia .LMAO
Chessie Moore.com there's no site but facebooks free.
Chessie Moore has a facbook page.
I thought face book was only G rated ?

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Ragtopjohnny posted Sun, 24 August 2014 at 2:47 PM

I am actually using Poser on the face, which does suck.  I'm going to have to do that in Zbrush too.   I was also doing the morph in Poser as well for the main part.  I smoothed out the mesh from the bulk morph setting that caused.

The face definitely needs revamping, but I'll work on that tomorrow as I do not work on my stuff at all on Sunday/Saturday.  Usually take the days off from that.  😄

Ragtopjohnny posted Sun, 24 August 2014 at 2:48 PM

I also intend to add those 5 inches in the sag to the breasts as well as Vilters mentioned.  He's right! 😄

Ragtopjohnny posted Sun, 24 August 2014 at 9:59 PM

Well, I'm done with the morph Well satisfied with the results.  Starting texture work next week. 😄

pumeco posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 5:22 AM

Looks a bit better with added bush, but what about the top of the breasts?

terrancew_hod posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 6:24 AM

Did you morph the feet as well? It looks like the character is poking through the shoes as well in both the front and back. Did you test your morph with clothes on? Did you test how the morph looks when you do different poses? You still have lots to do on your morph before you start texturing, especially if you're considering selling it. It probably needs lots of JCMs and corrective morphs. I think you'll eventually find out that you generally will only make custom heads for only Poser characters and not full body morphs, because unless customers have Morphing Clothes or Poser Pro 2014, no one can use the morph with clothing.... though I'm guessing this morph is not made to have any clothes on.

Ragtopjohnny posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 8:13 AM

pumeco, gotta do the top of the breasts today when I get home.  Poser morphs are miserable out of the box with that aspect.  They don't consider the "top side" of things at all in that case.

Terrancew - The figure morph was done 100% in Poser.  What does that mean? Poser software accross the board will have all built in morphs for the clothes for V4.2.   You should be able to do the adjustments appropriately and even may have to consider fixing it (if any) Poke Through remains with Post-Work.   I still do that from time to time on figures.  But with the fitting room and more modern technologies being produced with each version of Poser, Poke Through may be a thing of the past.   An upgrade may be needed in your future if you notice more and more poke through not being able to be fixed.

However, not to get off the topic, you can read the complete product specs when it is released, and yes, I've been testing it in DOZENS of i13 and other poses as well.  Works beautifully. 😄

vilters posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 8:21 AM

a question Johnny:

Was she build by dialing up and down existing morph dials?
It looks that way by your explanation.

vilters posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 8:41 AM

If the answer is "yes".

You can only use her for for personal use.
Distribution for free or to "sell" is out of the question for copyright reasons.

You can only sell a morph you made yourself, that means only your morph dial can be active and all other existing morph dials have to be at ZERO.

And even then you can only sell the delta's from the original V4 object file.

Ragtopjohnny posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 10:24 AM

Tony,  I did the morphing in both. Poser and Zbrush.  Thanks for letting me know about the packaging rules and regs for me.

Ragtopjohnny posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 10:27 AM

The original one was done entirely inside Poser, not this new one.  It's a combo Poser. Z 

brush effort.

RorrKonn posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 10:46 AM

It's my understanding you can sell dial morphs.
Think that's how 99.9% of morphs are made.
That's why morphs will read "need morphs++ pack"
When ya load the morphs ya can see what the dails are turned to.

It's been a long time ,ya might want to ask DAZ for conformation of this.

Ragtopjohnny posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 11:13 AM

Thanks, I'll be sure to Look into that and ask them.

AmbientShade posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 12:51 PM

I'm getting tired of having to check each of your posts for proper nudity tags Johnny. You've been told about this repeatedly, by multple mods. If you're posting nude images every one of them have to be flagged. 

Ragtopjohnny posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 2:46 PM

Sorry about that. Thought for the initial posts and gallery.....didn't realize everythread needed it. Sorry you're getting "tired" of it.    Duties of a mod 😄

Ragtopjohnny posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 9:03 PM

Well, well I have Zbrush Open, can you all think of any changes?    I think I nailed it now. 😄

Slosh posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 10:58 PM

Try making her pretty.

Quote - Well, well I have Zbrush Open, can you all think of any changes?    I think I nailed it now. 😄

Male_M3dia posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 11:12 PM

Do you want an honest opinion? Because if so, you really have an unsellable product and you need to start over. The face morph in that render looks like she's angry, then the breast morph is really warped and uneven. 

I really think you need to spend more time practicing morphing figures and body shapes. Looking at the previous comments, if what you made used the Poser morph brush, it won't fit any clothing for V4... vendors usually make morphs for the most common body shape dials in Morph++... if you used Poser's tools to make them bigger, they no longer fit any V4 clothing, which I can see in that image of V4's feet not really fitting the shoes. Only figures like genesis allow you to make custom body shapes.

Male_M3dia posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 11:20 PM

I will say though that you are slightly improving with your morphing. What you have now is a definite improvement over your work in the Knight Rider face morph. But you need to learn how to make your face morphs softer. 

These skills don't happen overnight, so you really have to put a lot of practice into making your morphs appealling.

Slosh posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 12:13 AM

Alright, I'm sorry for that last comment.  It was mean, and I didn't know you were being serious.  But, after reading Male-M3dia's comments, I see that you are really looking for advice.

You obviously know how to move points around.  In the case of the breasts, it would help you to recognize that they have lost the round, smooth edge loops.  This would not render well, unless it was subdivided, and even then it would end up looking a bit lumpy.  Just try to move the points that form circles on the breasts so that they are round once again.  That would help in that area.

I agree with Male-M3dia about the face... she looks angry rather than feminine.  If a character is going to have a bust like that (I'm thinking Pamela Anderson, or Chesty Galore), you want to have a nice, soft feminine face.  Just try making your morphs a bit more subtle when moving polygons around.  A little bit goes a very long way.

I hope you will take this in the helpful spirit is intended.  My poor humor above was uncalled for, and I apologize.

Good luck :)  Oh, one more thing, since you are using ZBrush... try masking out the eyes and teeth/gums, etc so that they are not affected, then use the Deformations/Polish by features.  Just a small number, like maybe 5.  See what that does for you.  If you don't want the polish effect to go on the whole figure, just mask out the parts you want left alone.

RorrKonn posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 2:14 AM

Your never get a smoth mesh out of zBrush with out TnT.
a lot of Talent and a excellent Tablet.

a mouse is worthless with zBrush.

AmbientShade posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 2:28 AM

If I have to turn on the nudity advisory one more time in this thread, I'm just going to delete the whole thread. There's no reason why I should have to keep repeating myself.

Remember, you have to turn on the nudity flag when you're quoting too, if the image is included in your quote. 

AmbientShade posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 2:38 AM

Quote -
 if you used Poser's tools to make them bigger, they no longer fit any V4 clothing, which I can see in that image of V4's feet not really fitting the shoes. Only figures like genesis allow you to make custom body shapes.

PP2014 does have auto morph transfer, so this should be clarified to reflect that. It works with custom morphs just as it does with dial-spun morphs. But it's only available in 2014. With an extreme morph there would likely still be some poke-thru issues tho. But a character like this really isn't meant to have much clothing anyway. 

pumeco posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 5:23 AM

I think we might be underestimating the genius that is Ragtopjohnny.

See, while the rest of the Poser userbase complains about lack of something new, here we have a mighty specimen that will likely render every existing item of clothing useless when used on her.  And there is the genius, you see, cause while we're all concentrating on those breasts, he might have a whole bunch of clothing items ready for her on release, and due to him being the only guy in possession of this morph right now, he's the only one in a position to make clothes for her morph.

Sure, others will be able to make clothes for her on release, but by then, Ragtopjohnny could have cornered the market in 'Bigboob Poserware'.  The point is, he has your attention (look at the view count), he knows you ain't seen breats like 'em and he could be onto something "big" - if you'll excuse the pun :biggrin:

vilters posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 5:33 AM

Euh? Breasts? Someone call that breasts?
Oversize Plastic Balloons intended. LOL.

But agreed on one of the comments made. Johnny? You have to respect edgeflow for the morph, but also for the morph projection into the clothing.

Secondly, they look a bit squared off on the sides.

Third, for that weight? You have to cant them downwards 45°. LOL.
Even on plastic inserts, gravity takes over when you drop the bra support. LOL.

vilters posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 5:49 AM

Here is a reference example of a morph from a smaller breasted younger woman to a bigger breasted older woman.

pumeco posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 5:57 AM

Quote:
"Third, for that weight? You have to cant them downwards 45°. LOL.
Even on plastic inserts, gravity takes over when you drop the bra support. LOL."

As you're the resident expert on breast dynamics, how much do you reckon each breast would weigh in real life?
Must be an epic weight, even more epic when you consider there are two of those things to carry around!

hornet3d posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 6:11 AM

The starting point in this case would be to find the weight of a gallon of silicone and work from there, remebering of course, as you say, the weight would then need to be doubled.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Male_M3dia posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 6:54 AM

Quote - > Quote -

if you used Poser's tools to make them bigger, they no longer fit any V4 clothing, which I can see in that image of V4's feet not really fitting the shoes. Only figures like genesis allow you to make custom body shapes.

PP2014 does have auto morph transfer, so this should be clarified to reflect that. It works with custom morphs just as it does with dial-spun morphs. But it's only available in 2014. With an extreme morph there would likely still be some poke-thru issues tho. But a character like this really isn't meant to have much clothing anyway. 

Actually I'm not going to clarify this. I'm adding this from experience as a vendor. When you sell products, you sell them to the least common denominator. Not everyone has a copy of Poser Pro 2014, so if you want to sell to the most people you sell products that people can quickly and easily use. It's it's a v4 morph, then you have to work within the constraints that most people have, and most people have V4 morphs++ and copies of poser from version seven up, which don't have morph copying features. Custom face morphs sell well, custom body morphs don't if there's no clothing that support it.

Male_M3dia posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 7:04 AM

Quote - Here is a reference example of a morph from a smaller breasted younger woman to a bigger breasted older woman.

Honestly neither one of these are helpful. Your examples really need to be relative to the discussion. Constantly pulling out the same renders time after time really isn't helpful when we are talking about breast sizes. These are extremely TINY. Make them larger than this using some actual reference material.

vilters posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 7:06 AM

Male_M3Dia you are correct. But also a bit less correct.

This is where free Blender steps in.

For uncompatible morphs, take the clothing object file into Blender and have fun untill it fits the exported morphed Poser figure.

Edit the clothing cr2 (only 2 lines) to point to the new clothing object flie and done.
Takes from 3 to 10 minutes max, and foolproof.

Male_M3dia posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 7:16 AM

Quote - Male_M3Dia you are correct. But also a bit less correct.

This is where free Blender steps in.

For uncompatible morphs, take the clothing object file into Blender and have fun untill it fits the exported morphed Poser figure.

Edit the clothing cr2 (only 2 lines) to point to the new clothing object flie and done.
Takes from 3 to 10 minutes max, and foolproof.

Figure morphs need to be easy to use. Most people will not download or open blender much less edit CR2 files to use products. The power users might, but not for a product for sale unless the morph goes above and beyond what they could do on their own. 

I'm doubting Rendo would sell this, as no clothing would fit, and any morphing utility would warp clothing severely around the chest area. Renderotica may take it if the face morph is better, since the expectation is that most of their products involve nudes anyway. But the morph would need lots of JCMs to correct for the bending in the hips, thighs and breast area since they are more extreme than the standard V4.

-Timberwolf- posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 7:38 AM

Quote: "It's it's a v4 morph, then you have to work within the constraints that most people have, and most people have V4 morphs++ and copies of poser from version seven up, which don't have morph copying features. Custom face morphs sell well, custom body morphs don't if there's no clothing that support it."

I would only buy custom morphs on V4. That is, why I rarly use V4. I don't like that dial remoting system. Especially , when I have to pay for it. You could have the same results posting a text file with the dial values listed. "Requires V4 morph++" means, no chance I'd buy it.

Allthough I wouldn't buy this one here, I appreaciate, that he is making a custom body morph. I wished, more would do it.

vilters posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 7:39 AM

@ Male_M3dia

Now I agree. For a "full bore" morph like what Johnny is doing, it would require a lot more time for the client to get it all to work.

Unless, he also builds a working dev rig, with the explanations on how to use it to get clothing to fit his morphed figure. 

But here again, lots of end users are even afraid to open the setup room, let alone work with a dev rig.

PP2014 has the fitting room, but with these unrealistic extremes?

Our conclusion is the same :
Unsellable, because impossible to get to work at end user level who like "click" and "done".

vilters posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 7:47 AM

@ Pumeco;

Yes, after rebuilding breasts on about each and every available Poser figure since Poser1?
Yes, I think I know a thing or 2 about breasts.
LOL.

The ONLY figure I almost did NOT touch in that area was Roxie and Roxie 1.1
Teyon and Darrel did a very good job on general breast shape and form.

An, ha-ha-, I only had to lower them an inch or so, and THAT is saying a LOT.

RorrKonn posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 9:27 AM

whats right or wrong is in the eye of the Artist. we all like diffrent looks.

RorrKonn posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 9:33 AM

try this again

Male_M3dia posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 9:39 AM

Quote - Quote: "It's it's a v4 morph, then you have to work within the constraints that most people have, and most people have V4 morphs++ and copies of poser from version seven up, which don't have morph copying features. Custom face morphs sell well, custom body morphs don't if there's no clothing that support it."

I would only buy custom morphs on V4. That is, why I rarly use V4. I don't like that dial remoting system. Especially , when I have to pay for it. You could have the same results posting a text file with the dial values listed. "Requires V4 morph++" means, no chance I'd buy it.

Allthough I wouldn't buy this one here, I appreaciate, that he is making a custom body morph. I wished, more would do it.

No one generally makes custom body morphs because the infrastructure isn't there to support it. This is also the reason why there not a lot of body and facial hair products because of the large amounts of morphs and fits that would be needed to support it.

This generally leaves body morphs to those that can be dialed in because vendors also make fits in their clothing that correspond to these. If those morphs don't exist in clothing, then the customer has to find a product to add those morphs in or upgrade their software, which generally isn't worth doing for a $10-15 product.

-Timberwolf- posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 11:29 AM

Quote - No one generally makes custom body morphs because the infrastructure isn't there to support it. This is also the reason why there not a lot of body and facial hair products because of the large amounts of morphs and fits that would be needed to support it.

PoserPro2014 Menue=>Figure=>Copy Morphs From...

Problem solved.

Male_M3dia posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 11:41 AM

Quote - > Quote - No one generally makes custom body morphs because the infrastructure isn't there to support it. This is also the reason why there not a lot of body and facial hair products because of the large amounts of morphs and fits that would be needed to support it.

PoserPro2014 Menue=>Figure=>Copy Morphs From...

Problem solved.

Not for those that don't have it, nor have upgraded from previous versions. You would only sell to a smaller pool of people and it's doubtful that people will pay $150-200 just to use a $15 product. And most likely for extreme shapes, automated tools will not work well due to stretching of the mesh.

-Timberwolf- posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 11:47 AM

;)

Male_M3dia posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 11:51 AM

You can always sell a product and say it's for Poser 2014 only, but then you should manage your expectations that your sales are going to reflect that choice. You won't get those users that are still on Poser 10 and lower.

Jaager posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 1:06 PM

Some propositions:

Most large breasted characters are meant to be used mostly nude.

For large breasted, but for most in general, when clothed - undergarments are also worn.

The undergarments alter the shape of the breast.  Compress z, expand x, lift y ?

I don't see it done, but should not characters have a morph version that reflects this altered shape and any clothing morphs relect that - rather than looking like the clothing is airbrushed over the nude breast shape?

Jaager posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 1:29 PM

This is a bit OT, but associated with some of Vilters comments.  I find it easier to morph something larger than smaller.   I am thinking that a base female figure should start with a flat chest (AAA or whatever)  with an abundance of polys to support very large shapes.  Since the base figure is essentially just one version a morph, there is nothing to stop the figure's vendor from having a morph set that produces B/C/D breast sizes in the advertizing copy.

I also agree with the proposition that the arangement of the polys should outline the position of all major muscle groups, tendons, surface bones.  If you want to morph a larger calf muscle or prominant ribs, you should not have to guess which polys to choose.

Ragtopjohnny posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 1:38 PM

Thank you everyone for your two cents.  I really do absorb all what you say.

I'm thinking of this for an option -  since this is a recreation of a real person, hence the body morph, I'm "WILLING" for the sake of art purposes to make a bare bone not really changed body except for the breasts with built in morph dials such as bulk, etc, but you may still have some poke through.  

The way I deal with it when it happens to me is fixing it up with Post Work or just render in another area so it doesn't show.  

What do you all do now at this point with other figures before all crying, "Why a custom body morph????"   There's one that I own that make perfect crime boss, but his body is too fat and NOOOO clothing fit him.   Why did they do it like that?  I don't cry about it, I figure a vendor made it his way with artful purposes in mind.

I do appreciate the general concern about it, and tried the best that I could with built in Morph dials, but truth be told, built in morph dials SUCK in poser and the Poser morph brush sucks as well too.  Zbrush is the only way to do it.

That means now I'll work on "softening" the face.   Not sure how to go about doing that, maybe someone with good pointers on face production might be able to? 

I appreciate the communities feed back.   😄

vilters posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 2:12 PM

Allow just a small and little correction here Johnny.

Poser morphs "can" not suck, because Poser "has" no morphs. Not a single one.

What you are saying is that the V4++ morphs suck.

Well, in their defense, they where never intended to go to these extremes anyway.
Default morphs are only intended to work from 0.000 to 1.000, and not beyond that.

PS, for what you are trying to do in Z-brush? Blender is sometimes better to build morph/figures like this one.

And in Blender, you can import the finished big breasted figure and build or adapt existing clothing around her. No poking issues any more.

All end users have easy access to Blender as it is free.

Few, very few end users have Z-Brush. Just saying.

And all those that do have Z-Brush, make their own stufff. That's where they bought it for.

Google:

Youtube:
Same thing; Hundreds of video's available for building or sculpting a 3D face in Z-Brush or Blender or other 3D application.

If you spend the next month full time on youtube, you might have seen half of them.

That is the amount of tutorials and information available.

Ragtopjohnny posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 2:38 PM

Thank you for the blender tips!

Sorry about the miss wording.  I should have thought about that a little more before I did write it out.

That's a good idea to think about too, the "End User"  I'll definitely look into blender.  Thanks fot the tip Vilters. 😄

Wish I knew about the Blender thing, but as they say, "Back to the Drawing Board" Gonna have to try it especially for the no poke through part, that's the reason to do anything in that.

Ragtopjohnny posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 2:39 PM

Wow - one month full time?  Can you maybe give some screen names to watch for who make good tutorials?  Will definitely watch them on face softening. Don't want her to look angry that I'm morphing her, LOL.

vilters posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 3:09 PM

Well here's a chalenge for you. (And for me too LOL.)

Have you seen the bikini's on the small chested ladies I posted here?

I bet,
If you send the morph over?

I send you a manually adapted, fully fitting bikini back in the mail, in less then 5 minutes.

That is how end user clothing friendly Blender can be, if I can start with a good full figure morph.

hornet3d posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 3:22 PM

I can understand where you are coming from and therfore see why you think the 'morph brush sucks'  but in the wider scheme of things I do think it is a little harsh.  Many tools both in the workshop and 3D suck if you try and use the wrong tool to do the job in question.

I admire your ambition but to build a morph that is based on a real person that is not only accurate but built to the level that it will sell seems a tall order.   I am not at level where I can assist as I would not even attempt such a project but others here, who have proved they know what they are on about, have offered their opinion and help.  That is a big plus but it does not negate the need for you to put in the hard work. 

My Grandfather, who I admired so much and has been dead many a year, often used the saying a bad workman always blames his tools, something I think you may be a little guilty of here.  I mention this not to be cruitical of you but because I do not want readers to think that the morph brush sucks in general, but I accept it does not do what you want it to do.

I have already said that this type of morph would not interest me but that does not mean I am not interested in the what you are doing and I wish you every success .

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

icprncss2 posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 3:54 PM

When you say this is a ZBrush/Poser combination do you mean you are using both ZBrush and the Poser morph brush strictly on the V4 base?

With dialed characters, you can only distribute the pz2 or pmd files.  Basically the files that tell the app what to set the dials to.  Creating dialed characters is actually a bigger pain that doing a from scratch custom morph.

lupus posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 4:15 PM

I just think those breasts, limbs, things or whatever you like to call them should be done right in 3D.
What I see now is some carelessly work done by someone who really don't care about the symmetry and how it looks.
Thumbs down, from me.

Would you bother to learn how to move those polygonpoints without a dial?

Ragtopjohnny posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 4:29 PM

I appreciate the distribution info. I was wondering what you were allowed to. 

vilters posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 5:33 PM

That is a simple question with a simple answer Johnny.
=> You are allowed to distribute your own work.

Example for your figure. (as always there are more ways to do it, let us stick to the basics here.)

Load V4 in Zbrush. => Load the OBJECT file that you find in the Geometries folder.

In Zbrush, or Blender, or Lightwave or Wings, whatever 3D app you use?
Sculpt or morph the figure. Pull and push vertex around untill you are satisfied.
Save that object file from your 3D app (Z-brush if you prefer so).
Open Poser
Load V4
Import YOUR object file as a FBM morph to V4. => You have PoserPro!
Your default V4 should now morph with ONE dial to your shaped figure. THAT dial is yours.

And now you can build a pmd, or create INJ/Rem files to distribute YOUR morph.

This morph file can only contain the delta's from the original V4 object file to your figure.
That is what you are safely allowed to distribute.

The V4++ morphs.
Those are morphs, but they are not yours.
What you do by spinning those dials is called "dial spinning".
What you can make here are pose files. But you can not call it "your morph". => You did not make them. You do not own them.

And as usual, there are more ways, there are combined ways, but then you get in the grey zone.
Better stay safe then sorry.

And someone said it before me;
There are lots of V4 faces available, but very-very-very few FBM available for this very reason.
Only a PoserPro owner can buy and use a FBM. (again, there are workarounds, but few people are willing to walk that road.)

So far the technical side.

vilters posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 5:37 PM

This is about as far as I'd go with large breasts.

Done in Blender rather fast as it is already past midnight here.

Head, breasts, abdomen, hip, all got a quick change with the Blender tools.
Certainly not distribution ready yet, but you get the idea.

Ragtopjohnny posted Tue, 26 August 2014 at 8:42 PM

Thanks for the explanation again Vilters.  Good jonothing the quick morphs igo lender.  I'm definitely checking it out.

RorrKonn posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 12:53 AM

RorrKonn posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 12:54 AM

RorrKonn posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 1:03 AM

There's nothing we can't do with CGI.

the mesh ya see in the .jpgs polycount is 4000 not 60,000.
I would never use a 60,000 polycount character ,ever . not for any reson.
V6 20,000 polycount is all right.She's a CGI standard polycount mesh.
Poser Pro 14 has SubD's.CGI standard for all app's.

it's 8 times easier to work on a polycount mesh with 4000 .

60,000 you need zBrush.

4000 ya just need Max.

Max and Blender ,same diffrence more or less,There both main app's.
Since ya have Max ya don't need Blender.

vilters posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 4:01 AM

Good example RorrKonn.
(My figure has 8173 polygons. BTW.)

Johnny? See how he also respects polygon edge flow to get to his result?

You have all the tools, you only need to read some good anatomy study, look at some morph creation youtube video's, respect edgeflow, and practice, practice, practice.

Poser does not care if you use Max, or Z-brush, or Maya, or Lightwave, Hexagon, Blender or Wings. Poser is very open minded and does not care where the obj comes from.

All Poser needs is a good object file.

What I, and RorrKonn did above, can be done in all 3D applications I mentioned.

It is not in the application, but in the fingertips.

Even anim8or (www.anim8or.com) a 3D application, basically build in 1997, can do exactly the same thing, and give you exactly the same result in Poser.

Knowing your tools is 95% of the workload.
3% is the idea and anatomy, and 2% the making of the morph.

pumeco posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 6:46 AM

*Quote:* *"Knowing your tools is 95% of the workload.* *3% is the idea and anatomy, and 2% the making of the morph."

*Well, after seeing you and RorrKonn post something, I thought I'd join in.

I call this one MonoTit.  I just knocked it out in ZBrush to see what you think of the dynamics.  It's based on Roxie, I've gone for a sort of big-boob alien-babe type thing.  If you've seen that Arnie film "Total Recall", there's a Bar where all the alien babes hang out, and I thought, hey, I bet those that render Sci-Fi scenes wouldn't mind a MonoTit.  The woman in Total Recall has three breasts so I thought I'd be different and give her just one.

Don't laugh, cause I tell you what, you should see what the Bikini for a MonoTit figure looks like :lol:

vilters posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 7:21 AM

Ha-ha-ha-, I'd like to see the wireframe on that one.

Ok, show us the bikini. LOL.

pumeco posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 7:56 AM

It's totally unusable, Tony, let's just say she's subdivided a few times 😉

Just posted for fun really.  But I reckon if a person such as yourself who's used to working with limited amounts of polygons had a bash at it, it would be possible to do properly.  Let's face it, if there's enough polys for two breasts then there must be enough for just one larger breast.

One of the biggest issues would be pulling enough polys into a circular centre to define the nipple detail, but other than that it should be doable in a professional manner if the time was put in.

That's just a sculpt though, it's totally void of any respect for topology.

Ragtopjohnny posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 9:36 AM

I'll bite. Bikini shot please.

RorrKonn posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 9:49 AM

Max, or  or Maya, or Lightwave, Hexagon, Blender or Wings.
are all box modeling ,very easy with a tablet or mouse.
best for main shape of characters.

Z-brush is sculpting, very hard with tablet,imposable with a mouse.
best for details like wrinkles ,veins in a body builder.
zBrush is used to make displacment maps.

heddheld posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 10:06 AM

lol to say zbrush is for displacment maps is like

buying a Lambogina to cart hay!!

and I cant use zbrush lol tried the demo (brain imploded)

but then I'm not that good at sculpting in blender ;-)

nice work vilters !! 'bout time you did a blender tut?? pretty much know you'll teach me sumat

@pumeco a land with no twins ? running girls without that WTF moment but then one makes a change from 3 ;-)

Male_M3dia posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 10:52 AM

Quote - Z-brush is sculpting, very hard with tablet,imposable with a mouse.
best for details like wrinkles ,veins in a body builder.
zBrush is used to make displacment maps.

I use a tablet, mouse and digitizer with zbrush with no problem. Just takes practice and good equipment. I had to replace my mouse and didn't like the new one because it would stutter. Bought a gaming mouse and it tracks much better.

bantha posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 11:06 AM

ZBrush can do much more than just displacement maps. With GoZ, making morphs for a figure (even when posed) is a breeze. You can paint in ZBrush too. If I have to regroup a mesh (i.e. to make it conforming), I use ZBrush as well, since it's really easy to do. 

ZBrush is expensive and has a learning curve, but it's one of the most powerful and versatile programs I've ever used. And yes, you need a good digitizer to use it, with the mouse alone I would not use it much. It just need a good bit of practice.

Oh yes, and all updates up to now were free. The next will be free as well (if you don't want to add Keyshot as a rendering tool), and it brings low poly modeling and a 64 bit version. 

I use Blender as well, but for different things. 

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

pumeco posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 12:08 PM

Sorry lads, been trying to do a Bikini for you (just for laughs) but Poser keeps cutting out and I'd have to keep the mesh hires to keep the detail around the nipple.  If I use a non-subdivided mesh it looks awful.

As for ZBrush and using a mouse, I did have a Wacom tablet and tried it with ZBrush.  I sold that tablet with the intention of getting the new wireless one instead.  Haven't even bothered because I don't miss the tablet.  I suppose it's better with a tablet but personally I have no problem using ZBrush with a mouse.

Even using a mouse, I reckon MonoTit took me 5,6,7, maybe 8 minutes at a push.

Anyway, I think you're all strange wanting to see MonoTit in a Bikini, I think I might have started a strange new sexual fetish or something!  I'm almost expecting to see a new category on the Adult TGP sites called "MonoTit".  And as for Heddeld's comment, well, just imagine MonoTit having fun on a PoGo Stick :lol:

Ragtopjohnny posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 12:43 PM

LOL.   Come on pumeco, mono tit?   That is too funny.   I'll have to fool around with that one too.  LOL.  One tit, one eye maybe?  That'd be an awesome look for an alien figure. 

I really appreciate everyone's honest opinions on the topic.  I think I will remorph her.  My skills are homing in at least with all the practice so I think we'll be seeing even better in the future. 

Thanks all.  

Have a good one my friends! 😄

pumeco posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 1:49 PM

I meant to ask, Johnny, are you using the basic brush or the move brush?

There's three types of move brush and I almost always use the standard one (note that it's not the same as the standard brush).  Try to use the standard move brush for as much as you can, and learn to use the brush focus control, it's great for breasts and, well, any figure stuff really.

That's all I used, the standard move brush along with the focus control, and the smoothing brush.  Also, don't be afraid to subdivide the figure whle you work on her because you have a control that lets you fall back to the standard resolution just like that.  Honestly, I'm crap at ZBrush, the only thing I can really do on it is sculpting, most of the other stuff fries my brain, but I get by because of those basic tools, you can work wonders with those basics.

Pretend those were the only tools available in ZBrush and force yourself to them until you get more confident with it, you'll be amazed at how quick you can work with the standard move brush because unlike the standard sculpting brush, there's no need to switch between push and pull, you just drag everything around using the move brush, and when you finish, smooth it over with the smooth brush.

As for MonoTit, lol, I'd love to see a Ragtop version of a MonoTit :biggrin:

RorrKonn posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 2:01 PM

Humm ,must be attack Wacom Pro & RorrKonn day.

I never said all you can do was make displacement maps with zBrush.
I never said you can't paint,morph,sculpt with zBrush & Wacom Pro.

Show me ya meshes as good as these done with just a mouse ?
and a link to the mouse.
If their's a mosue as good as Wacom Pro then I'll shut up.

Anyways Ragtop

Just so ya know Pro 14 has Roxie. polycount around 20,000 & SubD's.
& Max fussion.

& for zBrush. I would get a Wacom no smaller them intuos Pro Medium.

Ragtopjohnny posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 2:05 PM

Cool, thanks for the info on the poly count of Roxie.   Thanks RorrKonn.  That's a good tip.  I'll use that as a brush, and like you said - block out other tools in your mind.  I'll just think of them as that's all it has.

I'll post more developments of her here as I do her over.

pumeco posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 2:06 PM

BTW, to encourage you to try what I said, here's the wireframe Vilters asked for. If that doesn't show how bad the topology was, nothing will 😄

You can see where the original nipples were shoved, just to the top sides of the new breast.

pumeco posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 2:15 PM

EDIT: I misread RorrKonn's post - duh!

Ragtopjohnny posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 2:18 PM

LOL Pumeco..... Kinda reminds me of an opposite lady from "PAUL" .  Remember the woman with the 3 of them on the cover?   That's her sister with just 1.  LOL.

pumeco posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 2:22 PM

I've never seen "Paul", are you saying there's a woman with one tit in it?

Ragtopjohnny posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 2:51 PM

Oh no, one woman with 3 on the cover.  LOL.  

You gotta watch it.  It's freakin' Hilarious.   Catch the unedited if you do though. Much better than theatrical.

Ragtopjohnny posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 2:54 PM

There's a scene in it that I love, where Government Agents are looking at the book cover, and one goes,   "Three Tits, awesome!"  and the other goes, "Why didn't you giver her four tits?"  and then the artist goes, "That would be just sick...".

pumeco posted Fri, 29 August 2014 at 6:36 AM

Just Gooled it, I'll have to check that out.  I see Simon Pegg and Nick Frost have teamed up again.  I don't know what Paul is like but if it's similar in humour to "Shaun of the Dead" I think it'll be up to scratch.  Simon and Nick were best buddies in Shaun of the Dead.  It's a zombie movie set in modern day Britain where eveyone started turning into zombies.

It's a horror with a comic twist:
Click For Trailer

Ragtopjohnny posted Fri, 29 August 2014 at 9:20 AM

I'll have to check that one out too.  I saw it advertised before but never checked it out.   I think Paul will have the humor you're looking for. 😄