Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Promo Image Labels?

EventMobil opened this issue on Oct 13, 2014 · 12 posts

EventMobil posted Mon, 13 October 2014 at 7:53 PM

Maybe I missed something, in this case my apologies already... I searched to all my best knowledge before coming here to ask ;-)

I need to render some promo images for content sale, and I would like to indicate 'Rendered with Poser Pro 2014' or something similar as a label/signature, like it can often be seen in promo images. But WHERE do I find those tags???

Coming from industrial background myself, I assume that Smith Micro, in an effort to polish their brand marketing and promotion, is 1. interested in artists branding their images and 2. interested in maintaining good quality standards in such branding tags. So to me it would be very logical to just distribute such tags together with any Poser Installation, so to make such tags accessible to any Poser artist. DAZ on the other hand offers their branding tags 'DAZ-Studio Render' for download from their site. But I failed to find any such labels for Poser anywhere on Earth (meaning internet)...

Is it possible that all content creators and vendor somehow manually build their own Poser tags? Or did I miss some place where to download them?

My problem is not that I am not able to create any such thing on my own, copying the brand/labels from some original Smith Micro image and combining things somehow to my liking in Paintshop. My problem is that I feel this is wrong. First because Smith Micro has a legal claim over how to use the Poser label, and second because the images where I need to 'borrow' original brand/label are, as we all know, copyright protected, and I wish to use them in my (commercial) promo images for my content...

This is why I would prefer to use official, legal tags which can be downloaded and which are licensed 'free for commercial use' or something like this...?

Any discussion/suggestion would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Martin

Poser Pro 2014 GameDev, Lightwave 11.6.3, Blacksmith3D Pro 6, Bryce 7, Carrara Pro 8.5, Reality 4 & LuxRender, Python 2.7 & Wx-Python, UV-Mapper Pro, XFrog 3.5, Paintshop Pro X7, Apophysis 7x64

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Don't render faster than your artistic guardian angel can fly...