Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anyone else have problems with materials on group editor created props?

moogal opened this issue on Nov 13, 2014 · 15 posts

moogal posted Thu, 13 November 2014 at 7:26 PM

I create a lot of props, often after scaling or moving an object to give it new (zeroed) default parameters, and also when making numerous props from compound (imported) objects.  For as long as I can recall, I've noticed the new prop does not appear in the viewport looking like the object it was created from.  I seem to think there was a time when "reload textures" would make it appear correct, but now even that isn't fixing the new object's appearance.

I'm also fairly certain I've seen the new prop missing many of its shader components (reflection, disp. etc.).

In the attached example the object did inherit the complete shader set-up.  It also renders correctly in Firefly.  It just will not appear in the viewport looking like the object it was created from unless I manually copy the materials from the original object to the new one.  I have to deal with this quite frequently (e.g. in the image shown I had to do it for all 15 terrain elements).  I can't recall any other user complaints about this issue, and have to wonder if I'm the only one constantly encountering it, going back possibly as far as Poser 8.

file_5f93f983524def3dca464469d2cf9f3e.pn