Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: If Only Poser worked liked Photography...

Photopium opened this issue on Feb 22, 2015 · 33 posts

Photopium posted Sun, 22 February 2015 at 5:40 PM

Well, fired up Poser again for the first time in probably a year.  All of the usual frustrations.

I've spent the last couple of years learning Photography, primarily the same type of stuff I'd do in poser...glamour/pinup type stuff.

Acquired a lot of gear.

Going back in to poser after a lot of Photography reminds me of the sheer baffling approach to lighting poser takes. 

If only Poser worked like photography, with strobes/monolights behaving the way they're supposed to, with real-world type modifiers like Softbox, Octobox, Grid, Gel, Snoot, Beauty-Dish and of course overall exposure.

If only Poser's lights were on virtual stands with boom arms to manipulate and direct the light where you want it.  It almost has that, let's face it, but it is mired in 3d space confusion and just yuck. 

If only Poser simulated aperature of a lens, and produced Bokeh.

I'd love to see a totally new program, a virtual photography studio that removes the esoteric aspects and functions like a photographer would expect.

Poser is great for making the models, posing the models, but the lighting and rendering leave me cold.

...And for the luvva Gawd...it's 2015 and I'm still waiting an hour for a good render.  (Disclaimer:  I'm not waiting...had to ctl-alt-del to shut it down entirely)

Frustrated.