Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: PP2014 SR5 Transparencies Suddenly Acting Up in RT Renders

Glen opened this issue on Mar 16, 2015 ยท 13 posts

Glen posted Mon, 16 March 2015 at 7:47 AM

Hi folks,

As the title says, I'm suddenly experiencing problems with my transparencies, especially noticeable in hair. It seems as though transparencies aren't as transparent as they were before, though I'm using the same render settings and, in one case in particular, am actually working on exactly the same project as before, only I've added a dress, moved a hand very slightly and moved a prop a few mil on the 'Y' tran. That's it, yet the hair appears drastically different, it appears darker and more dense, which is a problem, especially for Annie's body hair, which uses a duplicate V4 figure with transparencies and displacements. Where I have finely tuned her body hair to render just right under most lighting conditions, it now renders far too dense and dark under all lighting conditions, which makes me certain it's a problem with the way Poser is handling transparencies. This is all happening, as far as I can see, post SR5 upgrade.

Any ideas, folks? As it stands, I'm having to render every piece at least twice, one with hair and one without, then blend them in Photoshop. Not a good workflow at all and I'm really bummed about it all.

Also, I should just mention that many times, when I go into the material room, whether it's moving from the node view into the simple view or loading the material room straight to the simple view, it crashes Poser. Something to do with the simple view of Poser's material room is causing my Poser to crash on occasion. As yet, I haven't figured out if it's a particular kind of material it's doing it with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

I'm running Win 10 Pro 32GB RAM Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

My DA Gallery: glen85.deviantart.com/gallery

Peace, love and polygons!