Forum: Vue

Subject: Rendering buildings imported from Poser - blotches!

NanetteTredoux opened this issue on Mar 20, 2015 ยท 8 posts

NanetteTredoux posted Fri, 20 March 2015 at 2:14 AM

I am a Vue noob, please excuse me if I ask ignorant questions. I am illustrating a book and am using Poser for the indoor scenes and Vue for the outdoor scenes, because I want more natural looking plants. The building objects I made myself, they render perfectly fine in Poser. When I import them to Vue, I get weird blotches on the edges and corners, when I render, even at high render settings. I imported from a Poser scene file. It doesn't seem to matter whether I import with the Poser materials or whether I create new materials in Vue, the problem is the same. Blotches around the windows and the edges of walls.

Is Vue sensitive to the way an object is modelled? I have checked the normals of the object in Blender, and they all point outwards correctly.

I am using the Classic Day atmosphere which has global illumination. Is this problem specific to global illumination? I remember when Poser's indirect lighting was introduced some people had problems with blotches at edges and in corners.

The attached image is the house object simply imported from Poser with the Poser shader tree enabled, no other adjustments made yet - for instance, the scale on the roof texture (I have figured out how to do that), but my problem is the blotchy white walls.file_0e65972dce68dad4d52d063967f0a705.jp

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch