Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: S E R I O U S ? Who messed up the freestuff section?

vilters opened this issue on Apr 10, 2015 · 84 posts

vilters posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 11:11 AM

No there is NO way any more to find stuff.

You have to open each item to see if it is for Poser, or DS, a geometry of only a texture? ? ?

What else are you planning to **** with??

Sorry guys, these "improvements" are realy getting out of control.

And DO not tell to use the search. A pigion can not find its children there.
YOU messed that one up some months ago.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

RedPhantom posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 11:31 AM Site Admin

So I'm not the only one who thinks that's bad. I went there recently and saw all my free stuff was moved, some to the wrong section. I fixed that and I thought about moving it all to poser but haven't yet. I have a feeling it'll only get moved again.

I hate having to wade through daz or bryce* stuff to find poser stuff.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

heddheld posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 1:49 PM

c&p bust again ??

@vilters not too sure pigeons care about there offspring!! coulda said penguins ;-) they go through hell for there kids rofl

vilters posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 4:00 PM

Yeah, good luck to find out what's been released for Poser or for DS. (or for anything else for that matter)

Unbelievable.

And there are grown ups?

Give them a lesson in "end user friendly", or ergonomics, or something alike.

U N B E L I E V A B L E !

vilters posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 4:01 PM

Hey?

Rendero?
If you do not want us here any more? ?

Just say so, right in our faces, OK?

vilters posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 4:05 PM

Success :  Your post was created sucesfully.

Arée, one more line no one cares about.

And another half an inch lost.

I'd add a "box" to point the path to the Marketplace if I was you.

We only have half a dozen of those yet.

But?

I"d put it half of 3/4 of an inch lower.

Got the picture?

vilters posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 4:13 PM

1. Is this the Poser forum?

it says welcome to the Poser Forum

Then says its the Poser Forum.

Then points to the Poser Free stuff, that is NOT the Poser freestuff any more.

Then I have to buy a Samsung.

To do what?

Call and tell that the guy that says "Welcome to the Poser Forum".

Tells us we are in the Poser fourm.

Then wants me to buy a Samsung.

To call you.

To tell you.

Some guy messed with our free stuff.

And when I edit this post twice,

half of it gets lost in space.

So?

I take  my Samsung again

To call you again

To tell you again

That half my post vanished. 

Do we have to say?

Good luck?

You'r gonna need it.

Boni posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 4:32 PM

I see the heads up ... I'll get this to the admins.  I'm "listening".

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Razor42 posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 8:29 PM

Hey?

Rendero?
If you do not want us here any more? ?

Just say so, right in our faces, OK?

I was emailed the below message today by a Renderosity Admin in response to expressing frustrations with the site. No mention of what happens to all of my purchases made here if I choose to proceed with this, so it's a little like cutting off your nose to spite your face in my opinion. TBH a lot of the issues in this thread have been outstanding for a long while now. And it's easy to see focus here is definitely on the Storefront and Shutup and Buy marketing (Even though in my opinion the storefront was spoiled by the last update and it's saturation with paid promotions). Strange I never received a message asking why a vendor and site member for over ten years is considering withdrawing from the site... In reality the Renderosity Forums are a leftover artifact of what used to be a key aspect of the "Renderosity Community", which to all appearances is being phased out in more ways than just the site masthead. So read between the lines if you will, about how much your concerns really matter to Site Administration here.

––––––– It has come to my attention that you have asked for your account to be closed, to do so you will need to email admin@renderosity.com. We will be happy to close your account if that is what you are still wishing to do.

To close your account you will need to remove all your remove your gallery, friends, free-stuff, wish-lists and favorite lists, and remove any notifications you have set (e.g. gallery subscriptions, site mail notifications, newsletter , daily digest, etc. Once you have done so, please email us your request. –––––––

TinaK posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 10:44 PM

@vilters - if you search let's say "hair" you will put this in the search bar, then on the left hand side you can see genre, figures, software, departments, etc. Or you can search "Poser" and it will bring back everything with the word Poser in it.  I am getting 5500 results   I can search a particular artist and see all of their Poser items.

We do apologize if you are having trouble.

@razor42 - Your purchases will remain on the site if you close your account and will be there once you return.  If you are issued a perm ban  you will no longer have access to these items.  

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

Razor42 posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 11:00 PM

@razor42 - Your purchases will remain on the site if you close your account and will be there once you return.  If you are issued a perm ban  you will no longer have access to these items.  

:o

Not to come off as intimidating or threatening at all...

EClark1894 posted Fri, 10 April 2015 at 11:55 PM

Okay, I have to step in here because, while I'm majorly ticked off and severely disappointed in Renderosity right now, you're being totally unfair Razor42. You asked a question and TinaK gave you a straightforward answer.  There was nothing intimidating  or threatening about it at all.

Razor42 posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 12:07 AM

Okay, I have to step in here because, while I'm majorly ticked off and severely disappointed in Renderosity right now, you're being totally unfair Razor42. You asked a question and TinaK gave you a straightforward answer.  There was nothing intimidating  or threatening about it at all.

You are probably right that the intention wasn't to come across as a bully and maybe I over reacted in my response, but I am taking the comment in context of a whole group of comments that have recently been directed at myself. Some behind closed doors. What I take as being marginally threatening is the reference to a "Perm Ban" when the question directly related to voluntary closure/freezing of an account. Also considering the context of receiving an unsolicited site mail message regarding instructions on how to delete my account this morning from another admin maybe left me feeling a little paranoid. 

Razor42 posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 12:36 AM

Kind of like receiving a paper clipping in the mail of a news article "Man shot dead execution style in city alley" and then later that day having someone say you can either do what we ask or you should be careful next time you walk down an alley.

Sure you can say there is no threat or intimidation there just concern for your well being, you might trip or have a fall. Or you could assume the two incidents are connected in some way and the concern is actually more like a veiled threat. Like I said paranoid right.

Anyways it's not that big of an issue to dwell on really.

•-•-•

Besides this issue I actually played around a little more with the Freestuff section and actually don't find the changes that bad. Maybe a little different and not really intuitive as the old method. But definitely not broken. Its pretty much the same as the Storefronts drill down which I'm also not a great fan of either. But thats personal preference for UI style I believe.

R_Hatch posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 3:02 AM

Not that I care that much personally, and I buy little anyway due to budgetary constraints, but:

You don't have to close your account - just stop posting and don't buy anything else. You'll still have access to your purchases until the zombie apocalypse starts.

Khai-J-Bach posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 5:07 AM

TinaK -

@vilters - if you search let's say "hair" you will put this in the search bar, then on the left hand side you can see genre, figures, software, departments, etc. Or you can search "Poser" and it will bring back everything with the word Poser in it.  I am getting 5500 results   I can search a particular artist and see all of their Poser items.

We do apologize if you are having trouble.

erm. so now we need a manual to use a system that wasn't acutally broken in the first place.

whats next? we're holding rendo wrong?

WandW posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 6:38 AM

I have no issues with the current Freestuff section.

I also wouldn't be inclined to get bent at an Admin who took the time at Midnight to answer a question.

My #1 Rule of Management is "No matter what you do, someone isn't going to like it, so do what needs to be done."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Khai-J-Bach posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 6:39 AM

rule 1 of engineering : if it's not broken, leave it alone. 

rule 2 of engineering : managers / management are to be avoided, 99% of the time..

vilters posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 6:51 AM

You forget  :
rule 3 : there are other forums

WandW posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 7:34 AM

rule 1 of engineering : if it's not broken, leave it alone. 

How are you running Poser on CP/M-80?  :D
I actually still have a copy of Microsoft FORTRAN for CP/M-80...on an 8" floppy.  A shame we didn't stay with those, eh? 

We probably should have stuck with FORTRAN, tho'...

PS; While I have no issues with Freestuff, and the Store search is now actually useful (I used to have to search the Store with Google), the Forum issues have taken far too long to rectify... :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

MistyLaraCarrara posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 8:40 AM

seems like all the frees i tempted by are dead links

delete the whole frees section and start fresh.  make it easy to add keywords and tags

people who care about their frees would re-upload.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

shvrdavid posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 9:58 AM

Fortran is still used to this day. The video card in just about every system can directly process most fortran commands. Where do you think the idea of using the GPU for other things came from in the first place?

On another note:

Why is it if you try to past text into this dam box that you get an error about uploading an image?

Who in the hell programs this crap?

I think vilters is right, there are other forums that actually listen to the users, and you don't need a degree in stupidity to use it.

Time to move on I guess, I don't feel like beta testing a site that continues to make it more confusing to use on a weekly basis.

I have been a member here for many years, but at this point I see no reason to continue to contribute.

This place is programmed by a bunch of boobs........

8k_details.jpg

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

TheBryster posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 10:06 AM Forum Moderator

OMG That photo hurts my eyes.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

WandW posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 10:12 AM

Fortran is still used to this day. The video card in just about every system can directly process most fortran commands. Where do you think the idea of using the GPU for other things came from in the first place?

On another note:

Why is it if you try to past text into this dam box that you get an error about uploading an image?

Who in the hell programs this crap?

I ink vilters is right, there are other forums that actually listen to the users, and you don't need a degree in stupidity to use it.

Time to move on I guess, I don't feel like beta testing a site that continues to make it more confusing to use on a weekly basis.

I have been a member here for many years, but at this point I see no reason to continue to contribute.

This place is programmed by a bunch of boobs........

FORTRAN is indeed alive and well, at least in Engineering.

I've never seen the image error when pasting, but one can't paste twice into the same message. :(

I wholeheartedly agree with the boob observation...

Male_M3dia posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 10:12 AM

I'm going to put my nudity filter on. It's not the boobs that bother me, it's the rather low quality that's generally being presented.

shvrdavid posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 10:25 AM

I'm going to put my nudity filter on. It's not the boobs that bother me, it's the rather low quality that's generally being presented.

Your probably right, next time I wont use a Daz figure to make a point.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

WandW posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 10:38 AM

file_fc221309746013ac554571fbd180e1c8.jp

booksbydavid posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 12:34 PM

Your probably right, next time I wont use a Daz figure to make a point.

Heh, heh. :)

Male_M3dia posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 12:35 PM

Probably proper textures and lighting helps too. Render settings... all that.

vilters posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 1:06 PM

Hey Male??

You must be extremely happy now?

Somebody actually looks at the DAZ stuff. 

Well, at least in freestuff they are "required to do so".

Before this "mess" we had a filter to Poser only.

Now, it takes hrs of wading through "brol" to find the Poser stuff.

shvrdavid posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 2:06 PM

Well, I did that as an example of how to do something with procedurals. I was not trying to match your level of perfection. I was teaching someone how to actually do something in Poser. There are some of us that do that, rather than just critique everything for its flaws.

I have seen your gallery, and will reserve comment on your expertise and perfection.

Male_M3dia posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 4:45 PM

Hey Male??

You must be extremely happy now?

Somebody actually looks at the DAZ stuff. 

Well, at least in freestuff they are "required to do so".

Before this "mess" we had a filter to Poser only.

Now, it takes hrs of wading through "brol" to find the Poser stuff.

I don't care either way about the freebies, since I actually buy things here. Not understanding why everyone is flying way off the handle and showing breasts in protest. Not that serious. Take a break, be patient and go find something else to do until they fix the issues. Insulting the devs isn't going to make the issues resolve themselves faster.

Male_M3dia posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 4:50 PM

Well, I did that as an example of how to do something with procedurals. I was not trying to match your level of perfection. I was teaching someone how to actually do something in Poser. There are some of us that do that, rather than just critique everything for its flaws.

I have seen your gallery, and will reserve comment on your expertise and perfection.

Uh huh. Nice try. But I can see the improvement in my renders over the years and from selling so I don't try to use big breasts as camouflage for skill in morphing or rendering. I can get items in the store and passed by the review team just using portraits without any lower body parts involved because of lighting and render settings. Just throwing those suggestions out there while you're waiting for forum issues to resolve. ;)

shvrdavid posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 5:58 PM

Uh huh. Nice try. But I can see the improvement in my renders over the years and from selling so I don't try to use big breasts as camouflage for skill in morphing or rendering. I can get items in the store and passed by the review team just using portraits without any lower body parts involved because of lighting and render settings. Just throwing those suggestions out there while you're waiting for forum issues to resolve. ;)

What the fuck does big breast have anything to do with what I said? Not a fucking thing.

What the fuck does a render have to do with quality control? Not a fucking thing.

Improvements in your renders? Well I would certainly hope so. But I don't see it because I don't really care what your style looks like.

After all it is the style you were going for isn't it?. But to say yours are better than other is just bullshit, arrogant, and typical of you.

As far as the Boob shot goes, it isn't exactly easy to show how to do pore and nipple detail with a portrait. You sort of have to show breasts.

But I am guessing you know a way to do so, with your infinite wisdom on the subject. Please, do tell all of us how you would have done it better....

You went right back to critiquing something again. Who would have guessed that????????? Is anyone else surprised about that??????????

I did that render and posted the material nodes to do so because someone wanted to know how to do it. Did you offer to help? Didn't think so....

I give everything I do Poser related freely to the community and always have.

What have you given to the community other than your bullshit opinions on everything that gets posted that isn't your style, or subpar to your standards?

Go ahead, tell me that I don't give to the community... Because if you say so it must be gospel, just because you said so.

All bow to Male_M3dia................................................................................

Your a real piece of work............................................................................

P.S.

Mods, you can do whatever you want about this, I don't really care anymore. You let this type of bullshit go on, and on, and on.....

There are a lot of us that are basically done here, do whatever you want, and get others to help people out.

Maybe Male_M3dia will step up and do it, but I seriously doubt it.....

WandW posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 6:37 PM

Shozbot!

Popcorn, mahakali? :)
file_a8f15eda80c50adb0e71943adc8015cf.jp

Male_M3dia posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 6:49 PM

file_06409663226af2f3114485aa4e0a23b4.jp  

All that anger, but remember you called the developers boobs, then flashed the site a pair a blurry and badly rendered ones. So everything you typed after that was really moot. Glass houses, really. Pays to keep it nice.

vilters posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 7:01 PM

Ha-ha-ha-ha- What a Joke.

Kiddo_ M3dia, are you the webmaster by accident?

Well, all your posts are insulting, or destructive, and that is exactly what the webmaster / site managers are doing also.
You are not alone in crime. You guys should have a beer together.

vilters posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 7:02 PM

And here is the correct Popcorn! link.

PrecisionXXX posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 7:13 PM

Or maybe it was deliberately made to be that way?

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

vilters posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 7:13 PM

More Popcorn LOL

vilters posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 7:17 PM

Perhaps this one is more " at level"?

PrecisionXXX posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 7:42 PM

HayZoos!  Who in hell cares?  The subject was that freestuff needs work, a lot of it, so I don't have to wade through fifty formats that I don't give a damn about to find something for Poser.  And I don't care, freestuff or the store, if I'm not interested in something, all I'll see is the thumb, I won't look at the product that isn't something I want!  "Ho-hum.  Yawn, next page." is what I do most of the time, and I think most people do the same. Doric

Khai-J-Bach posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 3:43 AM

ok Stop!

don't play into male media's hands guys. that's what he wants. more you bite, the more he gets his kicks. just ignore him and be cool.

pumeco posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 4:20 AM

@David
Bloody hell, it's a good job I didn't have my PC connected to a projector this morning, otherwise those boobs would have been a good 8 feet across ;-)

Glitterati3D posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 7:53 AM

ok Stop!

don't play into male media's hands guys. that's what he wants. more you bite, the more he gets his kicks. just ignore him and be cool.

I just want to know when the Poser users at RO, in the Poser forum get some respect from RO.
Instead, they let these people who haven't created a Poser product/render/wish in forever walk in here, throw monkey shit all over the room, and just walk out laughing.

'Cause, you know, Poser users sometimes, might by force, use DS.

Here's a funny thought.....try to find a MM, Zev0, Rawnrrr, the whole DAZGANG, in the RO DS forum helping out DS users!!!!!!!

hornet3d posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 10:18 AM

Not that I care that much personally, and I buy little anyway due to budgetary constraints, but:

You don't have to close your account - just stop posting and don't buy anything else. You'll still have access to your purchases until the zombie apocalypse starts.

That is the way I have decided to proceed.  I did buy a lot here but my spend this month is around a tenth of what I normally spend in a month and that is only because I had a render award to spend from the previous month.  Next month I expect my spend here to drop to zero as I will have no rewards and my wish list that was two pages long is no empty.  My main reason for cutting my spending is that the forums are quieter than usual and a lot of good people have left.  On top of that I had my credit card information was compromised multiple occasions here at Rendo.

I now run in lurk mode most of my time here, posting only a couple of times a week and I do a daily to RDNA which I only used to do about once a month.  My spend on Vue content has gone up and my Poser spend is now at RDNA.

Whether I resume spending here is really down to Rendo, if I see things beginning to change then maybe. I did the same about five years ago at another content site where I used to spend a $100 or so each month and in the last five years I have spent just over $30 in the whole five year period. 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

DeathMetalDesk posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 10:37 AM

What site would you folks say is most freestuff friendly (in terms of allowances for representative imagery and such)?

Also do many renderosity members visit the freestuff forum and do you feel it is inappropriate to start a thread here, on the poser forum, about something you've created for freestuff here or even elsewhere?

WandW posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 10:41 AM

Here's a funny thought.....try to find a MM, Zev0, Rawnrrr, the whole DAZGANG, in the RO DS forum helping out DS users!!!!!!!

I have to say, I don't see them at the Poser Discussion Forum at DAZ.  I had to point one of them over there recently because a customer was having an issue with their product.  DAZ should buy me a cookie for all of the free product support I gve them there... :D

booksbydavid posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 12:43 PM

Wow! Just did a search. Very enlightening.

DeathMetalDesk posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 1:01 PM

Guess you guys are too busy being mean spirited to consider my relevant question?

Such are the state of things...

WandW posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 1:20 PM

Guess you guys are too busy being mean spirited to consider my relevant question?

I think I crossposted with your question. I check the Freestuff Forum perhaps once a week.  I check DAZ' Freepository daily.  DAZ is the most restrictive site.

DeviantArt is the most liberal site, but it's practically impossible (for me!) to find Poser Freebies.

ShareCG is liberal on items, less so on promo pics.

Poser Addicts has Freebies, but they are old and traffic is low; the last Forum post is from 2014.

I've seen Freebie announcements here moved to Freestuff.

Glitterati3D posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 1:31 PM

And some of us don't know the answer to your question.  Certainly not me.

shvrdavid posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 1:44 PM

What site would you folks say is most freestuff friendly (in terms of allowances for representative imagery and such)?

Also do many renderosity members visit the freestuff forum and do you feel it is inappropriate to start a thread here, on the poser forum, about something you've created for freestuff here or even elsewhere?

This one used to be fairly relaxed as far as freebies go. But now it is sort of a mess. I do not visit the free stuff forums much, but that is more because I probably already have something similar. I have been making and collecting freebie stuff for years, but I basically stopped downloading them when the whole thing about how you can use them erupted and the mods started deleting things from forum posts, the gallery, etc. Now if I need something I do not have, I usually just make it and be done with it, then no one can cry about how I used their precious freebie. I have better things to do than bow to the conditions tied to a freebie. Most of them are normal conditions, some of them are not. If it says not for use in commercial work, I might not even download it. If there are additional bs conditions, I just skip it and everything else they contributed. Almost all of the freebies I ever released are released to the public with a GNU license. I wish more people would do that, but it probably wont happen. None of my freebies are hosted here, you do the math on that. As far as threads go, start a thread where ever you want, about what ever you want. If you are worried about it, put OT in the beginning of the title. Ask all the questions you want as well, but don't be surprised if you do not get an answer right away. The mods might move a thread to an area they deem it should be in, and it will appear to have disappeared because more often than not no one tells you it was moved. If it is a Poser freebie I would think it would be Poser related, but the rules vary by Mod, so who the knows what will happen.

There is no consistency here, so being plan on inconsistency......

EClark1894 posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 3:33 PM

RDNA and Hivewire also host Freestuff forums. I stopped going to the Freepository at DAZ a couple of years ago.  They don't necessarily like, use or need  freestuff for the Poser natives anyway.

DeathMetalDesk posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 5:12 PM

Cool, thanks for the replies.

As far as the licensing goes I think that "free for commercial and non commercial use in renders" is fine. Anything more restrictive gets a pass unless it's particularly well crafted appearing, and then only to be examined for learning purposes... after which it goes in the bin/trash. I'm pretty much of the same mind as shvrdavid, it has to be something pretty special (like something made by RedViper or AncestorsRelic or various artists over at PoserClub Japan for instance. Yeah, I'm a fanboy in that regard) for me to download as I can make most of what I need at this point or already have it in my runtimes... Which is why I use Poser mostly anymore anyway, to make stuff for Poser.

Sorry for the over blabber mouth but I've got about a gallon of coffee in me and I'm procrastinating on a project... :)

Razor42 posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 12:41 AM

ok Stop!

I just want to know when the Poser users at RO, in the Poser forum get some respect from RO.
Instead, they let these people who haven't created a Poser product/render/wish in forever walk in here, throw monkey shit all over the room, and just walk out laughing.

That statement is totally incorrect, I have been active in the DAZ FORUMS here helping people out for nearly ten years and I am quite firmly entrenched in the "DAZGANG" and I must say quite happy there. To the point I'm considering Freezing my Rendo account in relation to numerous reasons that are leaving me quite disenchanted with the whole Renderosity site and management. If you look there are number of people who fly under the "DAZGANG" banner who are often in the Rendo forums offering help and support to DS users. The real issue is the lack of support from RO Admin quite broadly across the board in the Renderosity forums but especially in the Daz Forums. The FAQ in the Daz Forum was written somewhere between DAZ|STUDIO 1 and DAZ Studio 2 over ten years ago. Not to mention the Poser Vendors who can't download a free program and test their own products completely preferring to leave consumers with a broad "Not tested in Daz Studio" statement. Or the Posercentric direction of the whole RO site now that you mention it...

Let's face it any Daz Studio user worth his salt isn't hanging about in Rendo's decrepit Daz Forum, when there is a thriving vibrant community elsewhere on the web which is growing by the day. 

Male_M3dia posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 5:34 AM

ok Stop!

That statement is totally incorrect, I have been active in the DAZ FORUMS here helping people out for nearly ten years and I am quite firmly entrenched in the "DAZGANG" and I must say quite happy there. To the point I'm considering Freezing my Rendo account in relation to numerous reasons that are leaving me quite disenchanted with the whole Renderosity site and management. If you look there are number of people who fly under the "DAZGANG" banner who are often in the Rendo forums offering help and support to DS users. The real issue is the lack of support from RO Admin quite broadly across the board in the Renderosity forums but especially in the Daz Forums. The FAQ in the Daz Forum was written somewhere between DAZ|STUDIO 1 and DAZ Studio 2 over ten years ago. Not to mention the Poser Vendors who can't download a free program and test their own products completely preferring to leave consumers with a broad "Not tested in Daz Studio" statement. Or the Posercentric direction of the whole RO site now that you mention it...

Let's face it any Daz Studio user worth his salt isn't hanging about in Rendo's decrepit Daz Forum, when there is a thriving vibrant community elsewhere on the web which is growing by the day. 

Yep scrolled this page and had a good giggle. Yes I do post in the DS forum, but yannow it's hard to be a regular when questions aren't posted for weeks at time to help anyone. So as Razor said, this statement is completely false. I'm surprised that the Poser users in this thread, who also complained about the forum software not working, suddenly 1) started visiting the DS forum and 2) suddenly figured out how to get the software working enough to figure how much I've been posting... LOL! Second, WandW, you had to point out NOTHING. I saw it. If it something I feel is not product related, I do not have to answer nor step in. Unlike rendo, DAZ has a support system where people do not have to PM vendors for help. Responses by PAs in a thread are done as a courtesy, not a requirement. That's why we pay our brokerage fee for support system. Remember some PAs never visit forums because of the BS that members posts in threads like this and it really depresses them so they stay away. The product in question is about 2 years old, I would have certainly known if there was a product issue by now. 

Carry on with the "conversation". ;)

EDIT: And yes I do post from time to time at DS's Poser forum too. But it's about as active as the DS forum here.

WandW posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 6:46 AM

Second, WandW, you had to point out NOTHING. I saw it. If it something I feel is not product related, I do not have to answer nor step in. Unlike rendo, DAZ has a support system where people do not have to PM vendors for help. Responses by PAs in a thread are done as a courtesy, not a requirement. That's why we pay our brokerage fee for support system...

Heaven forbid that one should be courteous to one's Customers. My experience with the DAZ Bug reporting system is in the recent V6 DSON thread, which, like the subject of this thread, as due in part to poorly communicated changes to an existing site....

Razor42 posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 6:57 AM

Heaven forbid that one should be courteous to one's Customers.

It isn't an issue of politeness. There is an established product compliance and support system provided for DAZ3D product to purchasers that free's creatives up to focus on what they do best 'create' and gives customers a standardised accountable problem troubleshooting method. Which is actually more of an asset to customer's than a slight by the vendor. The support system even goes as far as a 30 day money back guarantee which is pretty much unheard of in this industry. When I was vendor here at Rendo, I had customer support occasions where I went through pages of mail correspondence because a customer was not familiar with installing from a zip file. I mean literally pages of writing and screen captures showing the process. After a week of no success to this fairly straight forward procedure I suggested I just refund his purchase and lose $3.50 my share of the ticket price. We agreed that was mutually equitable at that point. I guess I must of worked for 4-5 hrs for that $3.50 refund...

WandW posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 7:30 AM

Heaven forbid that one should be courteous to one's Customers.

It isn't an issue of politeness. There is an established product compliance and support system provided for DAZ3D product to purchasers that free's creatives up to focus on what they do best 'create' and gives customers a standardised accountable problem troubleshooting method. Which is actually more of an asset to customer's than a slight by the vendor. The support system even goes as far as a 30 day money back guarantee which is pretty much unheard of in this industry.

It seems to me then that the courteous and prudent  thing to do if the vendor (or a forum Admin for that matter) saw it would be to point them to Support, if nothing else to to prevent a refund request. Pasting in a boilerplate reply would take a few seconds. I've recommended to users here and elsewhere to file support tickets on Poser issues.  However, this thread is about the shortcomings of the Rendo site...

Razor42 posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 7:41 AM

It seems to me then that the courteous and prudent  thing to do if the vendor (or a forum Admin for that matter) saw it would be to point them to Support, if nothing else to to prevent a refund request. Pasting in a boilerplate reply would take a few seconds. I've recommended to users here and elsewhere to file support tickets on Poser issues. 

However, this thread is about the shortcomings of the Rendo site...

Lol, yeah I do see your point. however the issue would be the time taken scouring the forums required to pick up any stray post relating to a single product and any missed may feel neglected anyways. Generally people go the forums with generalised issues as others may of encountered the same issue and have a solution readily available which is practical for them. Most DAZ3D customer are aware of the existing support systems and really don't need to be directed. As far as Rendo site shortcomings go, I'm really starting to wonder which is longest a piece of string or a thread relating to Renderosity site issues. Maybe Renderosity should consider some kind of bug reporting system, but I guess then the forums would be close to empty ;)

EClark1894 posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 7:49 AM

ok Stop!

BTW, thanks again for the help about the CCT in Studio. I'll be completely honest here, I ventured into Studio once back in DS 2.3 , didn't like it and ran screaming from the room. If it hadn't been for the desire to start rigging for the DS version of Dawn and Dusk,  I still wouldn't touch Studio with a ten foot pole. And while I have no plans in the foreseeable future to use or support Genesis, if those users can use something I make for Dawn or Dusk, more power to them. That preamble out of the way now, let  me state that while I generally have no real use for Studio beyond content creation at the moment, I have to agree that if I do need help with the software, my first, well, in this case, last choice would be to go to the DAZ forums for help. I don't even know if RDNA has a Studio forum, Rendo's DS Forum is not very active, and Hivewire, while helpful, can take a while to get an answer.

Male_M3dia posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 7:53 AM

It seems to me then that the courteous and prudent  thing to do if the vendor (or a forum Admin for that matter) saw it would be to point them to Support, if nothing else to to prevent a refund request. Pasting in a boilerplate reply would take a few seconds. I've recommended to users here and elsewhere to file support tickets on Poser issues. 

However, this thread is about the shortcomings of the Rendo site...

Lol, yeah I do see your point. however the issue would be the time taken scouring the forums required to pick up any stray post relating to a single product and any missed may feel neglected anyways. Generally people go the forums with generalised issues as others may of encountered the same issue and have a solution readily available which is practical for them. Most DAZ3D customer are aware of the existing support systems and really don't need to be directed.

Exactly. And considering that two mods were already helping the customer, my participation was moot. Someone's grasping at straws to make a point about my product support. Two years without an issue on that product. That's really how solid my customer support is. And I thank you once again.

vilters posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 8:03 AM

NO - LOL,
even a tread about the freestuff being messed up ends in a DAZ - SM discussion.
All thanks to the same individuals polluting each and every tread, because their own forums are as good as dead.

Hey, this "IS" about the freestuff issue, and that concerns us "ALL".

Razor42 posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 8:08 AM

@ EClark1894

Lol. You're welcome.

Trust me Daz Studio is addictive and once you dig beneath the surface its got a lot going for it and quite a few strengths.

A lot has changed and improved since 2.3, be patient and don't be afraid to play around a bit to get a feel for things.

There is more than one way to skin a cat as they say. Not sure who is skinning cats or who 'they' are but just try to keep in mind it's not Poser and isn't trying to be, so when things are different just go with it and try not to get frustrated with it.

As far as Genesis goes I guess that's your Prerogative and entirely up to you. 

I'm not going to twist your arm either way.

To me there is little doubt to which are the best figures around having used most of them.

@ vilters

What freestuff issue, Freestuff has just had a Renderosity Store style makeover. Gotta love drill downs. ;)

WandW posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 8:10 AM

Exactly. And considering that two mods were already helping the customer, my participation was moot. Someone's grasping at straws to make a point about my product support. Two years without an issue on that product. That's really how solid my customer support is. And I thank you once again.

Obviously the Mods weren't referencing the user to the Support system.  ;) The user was successful only after your following your advice, MM.  My point was that you and your fellow DAZ staff and vendors' time might be more valuably spent reading and posting in the DAZ Poser Discussion Forum than here...

vilters posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 8:18 AM

Did you try?

Did you at least try?

Before we could filter down => Poser => Hair
Poser => Female => Clothing
Poser => Roxie=>
Poser => V3
Poser => Props
Poser => Male
Poser => Posette
Poser => Dork

Now f you see something ? =>You "HAVE" to open it, to find out what it is and for awhat app it is, and what it contains. 

No possibility to pré-sort things out.

End user usablility went down the drain
End user friendly went the same way

The oonly thing rendero can do is give us all a free mouse for all the extra clicks required to get anywhere.

And a larger screen to get rid of that stupid header

And a private e-mail box, because Site mail is fucked up too.

And a smart Phone to send an SMS if anybody answers a post of ours.

Each and every corner of the site has been messed with,  and NOTHING?
I repeat, NOTHING works any more.

Try to edit a post twice. => Good euh?
Try a copy paste => Nice huh?

When you enter a picture or a link, you NEVER know what's gonna happen.

Now, how's that for end user friendly?

Razor42 posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 8:46 AM

Perhaps you missed my note of sarcasm.

Let me try my Admin impersonation for you.

••••••••••

Cough, clears throat dramatically.

Thanks for bringing these issues to our attention Villters, I will pass them on to the programmers.

••••••••••

I swear there will be a job offer any day now ;)

••••••••••

I had a bike once that kept throwing its chain no matter what I tried, you know what I ended up doing?

Male_M3dia posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 9:10 AM

Obviously the Mods weren't referencing the user to the Support system.  ;) The user was successful only after your following your advice, MM.  My point was that you and your fellow DAZ staff and vendors' time might be more valuably spent reading and posting in the DAZ Poser Discussion Forum than here...

Good try again. Now considering that the issue in question was posted not in a customer's own thread he started, but added in the fifth page of a thread named "Does DSON work in Poser Pro 2014", you can stop now on the subject of customer support. You're finding reasons to moan where there are none. If you can tell me how exactly anyone can know that a specific product issue exists five pages down from that title beyond being psychic, please enlighten us all. Otherwise, I stand by my statement that you are grasping at straws.

vilters posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 9:11 AM

As a frequent forum user, you will know that some of us have been very polite, open and honest to report some forum and site issues.
For YEARS !
To be neglected by all.
What do they do?
They fiddle with things that used to work.
To leave them broken also.
To start to fiddle with other things that used to work.

Well, we are at a point of no return.
Nothing seems to work any more.

Razor42 posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 9:18 AM

I don't mean to come across as callous Villters, I do feel your frustration myself.

And I do sympathise, but honestly I have no patience left to wait things out or hope for an imminent resolution to a lot of the issues you have touched on.

I remember a time when Renderosity was blue and honestly I struggled to find anything that needed "fixing" at that time.

But as they say time stands still for no man. Edit: Gawd I need to stop reading that book of old proverbs :)

file_cedebb6e872f539bef8c3f919874e9d7.jp

vilters posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 9:21 AM

Every improvement is a change.
Not all changes are improvements.

The current site is the living proof.

And, yeah, I remember that "blue" time vivedly. It was a very active forum and a pleasure to come here.

vilters posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 9:22 AM

And there goes the next half inch.

SUCCESS : Your message was created successfully. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah, thanks.

vilters posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 9:25 AM

Success! Your post was updated succesfully

Yeah, yeah, yeah, thanks.

DreaminGirl posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 9:31 AM

file_cedebb6e872f539bef8c3f919874e9d7.jp

Wow.. I had forgotten how aesthetically pleasing the old site was, compared to today's eyesore.. Thanks for the flashback! :D

vilters posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 9:43 AM

Yes, the "old style site" was very easy on the eyes too.

pumeco posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 9:53 AM

I really love Vilters when he gets angry, funny stuff :-D
He's really pissed off at this site, that's for sure!

Razor42 posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 9:59 AM

Sadly the state of the site is not really a laughing matter.

Have a look at this one regarding site mail.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2889146

Gremalkyn posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 10:04 AM

The last time I tried to search the Free Stuff was when I was trying to help someone in the Forum find "something like this . . . "  That was before last Christmas, I think.

I try to check the site every (other) day and always open everything in the Marketplace (to get a good look at it, since I never use Victoria/Dawn) and the free items to see if they are non/commercial so I know how to label them if I decide to take them.  With everything open, I also check for compatible programs and just close anything I cannot run on my system or in Poser.

I also check the Galleries at least once a week, but it is only those I already like and What's New, so no searches tried there.

Most of what I want for site changes have to do with my Wishlist:  I really want to organize it by figure, locations, etc. an not just by price, time-on-list, or alphabetical.

PrecisionXXX posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 10:37 AM

male mike 3 died in action, none of what you're going on about has anything to do with rendo and some changes in the site that have taken place.  But, such seems to be your mode of operation, to inject your devotion to daz and the gene thing into every possible thread, related or not.  But the main complaint here, in this thread, is if we're searching for items for POSER, we now have to wade through a lot of stuff, and if we see something that looks interesting, we have to open the item, only to find out it's something that won't work in POSER.  As I have POSER, looking at things for Maya or Max, or any other software is only wasted time.  This is not a product support issue, it is a poorly thought out website design issue.  The forum issues, I can live with, maybe not like but they're not that irritating to me.

And your product support, to me, means exactly nothing.  Irrelevant, off topic, for a different software, and belongs in the ds forum, not the POSER forum.

pumeco posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 10:39 AM

@Razor
True, but I cannot help but laugh at Tony's comments about the green notification that pops up.
I can tell, he's really enjoying those, I reckon he's a big fan of the header as well ;-)

Told y'all before, they should pay me to design the look and functionalty of the forum, and then get a coder to implement it, cause I'm not a coder.
My design and design-logic skills are infinte years ahead of those that have designed any forum you've sever seen, or ever will see.

Male_M3dia posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 11:36 AM

male mike 3 died in action, none of what you're going on about has anything to do with rendo and some changes in the site that have taken place.  But, such seems to be your mode of operation, to inject your devotion to daz and the gene thing into every possible thread, related or not.  But the main complaint here, in this thread, is if we're searching for items for POSER, we now have to wade through a lot of stuff, and if we see something that looks interesting, we have to open the item, only to find out it's something that won't work in POSER.  As I have POSER, looking at things for Maya or Max, or any other software is only wasted time.  This is not a product support issue, it is a poorly thought out website design issue.  The forum issues, I can live with, maybe not like but they're not that irritating to me.

And your product support, to me, means exactly nothing.  Irrelevant, off topic, for a different software, and belongs in the ds forum, not the POSER forum.

Since it's evident you don't know how to read beyond seeing my name and putting something irrelevant in response, let me enlighten you. Go back and read it again, cause I don't feel like filling you in.. reading and comprehension really should be a requirement for posting responses.. And commenting about my customer support when you don't buy my products makes as much sense as you telling me where to post when you didn't buy my copy of poser, nor any of this poser content I buy from this site. Like I've said before, we can pull receipts and see who belongs or stays. It will be a bet you will lose.  

Thanks for posting.

WandW posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 11:53 AM

Sadly the state of the site is not really a laughing matter.

Have a look at this one regarding site mail.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2889146

Pretty sad.

PrecisionXXX posted Mon, 13 April 2015 at 6:25 PM

Like I've said before, we can pull receipts and see who belongs or stays. It will be a bet you will lose.  

Hmm, first, tell me how your product support is relevant to complaints about what's happening to this website.  Which just happens to be why Tony started the thread. Then, when I don't do fantasy, I don't do slutwear, and for what I want, I have to do my own props, no doubt you may well spend more than I do, especially considering to get decent clothing, I have one choice, and that's Poserworld.  They also have a forum you may or may not have access to where you can request an item, and that item will be given priority.  I like the Summer 2009 for Katie, made a request and you can now find summer sports for V4. 

Which also has nothing to do with the subject posted by Tony, that being, the store here and freestuff are in sad need of someone putting the search filters back in so we can find POSER items without having to look through a big bunch of stuff we can't use.