Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Animation Keyframe Tutorial

Dasilva opened this issue on Jun 25, 2015 · 4 posts

Dasilva posted Thu, 25 June 2015 at 4:00 PM

Here is this first animation keyframe tutorial I need help with for my Poser Program . I'll start with SydneyG2. I need to learn and know how to click her heels, just like Dorothy Gale did with her ruby slippers in the Wizard of Oz film, when she said: "There is no place like home".

If anyone who's got a Poser Program, or has done this before, please what is the instruction for this keyframe?

Miss Nancy posted Thu, 25 June 2015 at 4:24 PM

I was watching how they made "Van Helsing" (1997) at ILM and it appeared they key-framed every frame.  plus it almost looked like they were using P2 figures for animatics to send to crew shooting in prague.   like 2000 hrs per day of rendering the final shots.  they didn't say if they hired that out to korea at $2 per man-hour and made them do the tweeners, in which case there woulda been alot less keyframes sent out.

for ordinary poser anim, they'll tell ya to keyframe every 15 or 30, which is good enuff for this stuff.

PhilC posted Thu, 25 June 2015 at 4:44 PM

See if this video tutorial helps.

http://www.philc.net/animation1.php

markschum posted Fri, 26 June 2015 at 9:53 PM

Keyframing depends on how much control you need.  more keyframes , less interpolation.

I would try just two keyframes

frames 1 and 30 with the feet close together but parrallel;  like | |  

then frame 15 with feet twisted , like /   as the heel click.

I would try thigh rotation first and if that wont do it try twisting of the shin.

It might be a combination of foot twist with a shin or thigh side movement.

Once you have it copy frame 15 and 30 and paste at 45 and 60 and repeat for how many times you need the click.

If you want to be fancy the figure should raise on her toes a little for the heel click. Stand up and try it to see.