Forum: New Poser Users Help

Subject: Makin characters?

scottl opened this issue on Jul 08, 2015 · 7 posts

scottl posted Wed, 08 July 2015 at 4:58 PM

Just curious if most of the character morphs that we see for sale are created by spinning the dials in Poser or are they sculpted in say Zbrush then made useable in Poser and DS.

Thanks

Scott

donnena posted Wed, 08 July 2015 at 5:05 PM

The faces are generally z-Brush, with the bodies being spun dials (so that super conforming clothing can work!)

;>

Andy!

scottl posted Wed, 08 July 2015 at 5:51 PM

cool, thanks, will have to lookup and see how they take that sculpted face and make it dialed for poser. Learning sculpting faces this summer and have had the first rigging class so familiar with some things. The final project we fully rigged a toon and setup dials etc. Should be interesting.

:)

donnena posted Wed, 08 July 2015 at 5:58 PM

The Z-brush sculpt is loaded as a morph, rather than converted to dials  Generally there is one dial to turn the head morph on or off....    Some vendors refine the sculpt with dial changes.  

;>

Andy!

scottl posted Wed, 08 July 2015 at 6:00 PM

ahhh ok, so its on or off for that morph plus you can play with the normal morph dials...sounds fun, clothes sound fun too.

hornet3d posted Thu, 09 July 2015 at 7:13 AM

ahhh ok, so its on or off for that morph plus you can play with the normal morph dials...sounds fun, clothes sound fun too.

Usually it is not a straight on or off for the morph,  zero is off and 1 is on but you can also set it at value between zero and one to lessen the degree of the morph.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

scottl posted Thu, 09 July 2015 at 10:53 AM

hmm cool so its like Maya then values between. Working on a head of Afro Samurai lol so if it comes out well will post for the world to see.