Forum: Community Center

Subject: Renderosity site speed

crowbar opened this issue on Jul 29, 2015 · 5 posts

crowbar posted Wed, 29 July 2015 at 9:34 AM

not sure if this is down to using Firefox (and its having a hard time with flash) or bandwidth related but Renderosity is really slow recently. Now there isnt just the problem of waiting for that very annoying banner on the main page ( sorry but the bundle of 5 images just arent worth waiting that long for ). Yesterday nearly every page from the market place had a noticeable couple of seconds lag where you couldnt do anything but wait whilst it loads - on a connection that was either 30 mb or 700mb this reminder of internet days of yore and old modems isnt really somewhere I want to revisit!

KimberlyC posted Wed, 29 July 2015 at 4:31 PM

Hello!

Have you tried removing your temp files etc? Sometimes our browsers can get junked up after all our surfing.

Kimberly :)

TallPockets posted Thu, 30 July 2015 at 3:22 AM

"Waiting for www.renderosity.com..."

In the SONG words of BRUCE HORNSBY:

"SOME things will NEVER change - That's just the WAY IT IS" ....

HELLO  'STAFF" ....

I noticed in another 'thread' here that 'rosity' was 'hiring' ....

MAYBE you could hire someone who could 'speed up' this site?

It's been 'saying' the ABOVE for YEARS now .... SMILE?

AND MAYBE such 'hire' could POSSIBLY INCREASE the 'upload' maximum from

the YEARS long '512' KB size .... EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING online. HAS INCREASED

DRAMATICALLY in 'their' CAPACITIES .... WHY hasn't ROSITY? ....

My BEST, for WHATEVER that's worth .... SMILE again? ....

TallPockets

Miss Nancy posted Thu, 30 July 2015 at 6:38 PM

it seems faster today (~0.5 sec btwn page loads) than last week (2-4 sec.). safari 5.x

Lenord posted Fri, 31 July 2015 at 12:04 AM

It has always been up and down on Loading times and the Lag(Click to Activation) has been intolerable at times. Unless you are running among the fastest of cable speeds Rendo always lags and is slower than other sites, I run 6 meg DSL and use the latest Opera 30 whatever which runs the Chrome Framework(I refuse to use Google anything) and everything here Lags and is slow loading....it's the site software and it being written not taking into account not everyone has Cable speed or use Google Chrome as a Browser which the Site is optimized for. If you run any other Browser than Gobble Chrome and run DSL speeds or heaven forbid Dialup your just going to be slow because the software isn't compensating for the differences in ISP speeds, who knows what the programmers use, 50 meg plus Cable or maybe even a T1 everything is fine at Corporate HQ why can't everyone else keep up.....do you even test a 6 meg, 3 meg or 750K to see what most mere mortals are dealing with for speed.

Remember...No matter where you go there you are