Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Roxie auditions for the part of Natasha Romanoff

rokket opened this issue on Aug 10, 2015 · 82 posts

rokket posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 3:15 AM

A work in Progress, this one is about 30% complete as far as the modeling goes.

file_c9e1074f5b3f9fc8ea15d152add07294.pn

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 8:16 AM

Added the elbow pads and tried a simple texture on there. Probably won't be in the final materials.

file_5fd0b37cd7dbbb00f97ba6ce92bf5add.pn

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Sa_raneth posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 9:13 AM

nice she is

infinity10 posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 9:27 AM

I can't see the pictures in this thread - strange...

Eternal Hobbyist

rokket posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 9:47 AM

I had to refresh the page a couple times to see them myself and I'm the one who posted them!!!

That is strange. Thought maybe it was just my internet connection...

infinity10 posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 9:59 AM

Ah, ok. Looking good.

Eternal Hobbyist

rokket posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 11:19 AM

The jumpsuit is pretty much done. Although I am contemplating putting a zipper in where it opens at the top. Next will either be the gloves or boots. The gun belt will be last.

file_f0935e4cd5920aa6c7c996a5ee53a70f.pn

-Timberwolf- posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 12:42 PM

It's about the suit, not the figure, right? This is a N.R Suit, not a N.R. Character. Just to make sure ;)

rokket posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 12:56 PM

uhhh N.R.???

Oh... duh... Natasha.

Yeah, it's about the suit.

rokket posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 2:03 PM

I lied. Did the gun belt.

file_7ef605fc8dba5425d6965fbd4c8fbe1f.pn

rokket posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 4:31 PM

Boots are done. I am still trying to decide if I am going to make the gloves or not. I don't think I want to release this one.

Unless someone really needs it.

file_3988c7f88ebcb58c6ce932b957b6f332.pn

rokket posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 4:58 PM

View from the back. I am going to change the material zones for the elbow guards. Other than that, this is pretty much it.

Let me know if you want this. I'll see about getting it ready if there is enough interest.

file_3988c7f88ebcb58c6ce932b957b6f332.pn

rokket posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 11:10 PM

This thread sat here for about 8 hours without a response. I'd say that's a pretty good indicator no one wants this costume.

stallion posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 11:33 PM

This is a great suit, sometimes you can't take the silence as a negative. I am interested in anything for the default folks.

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

rokket posted Tue, 11 August 2015 at 12:47 AM

I have just never been one to take silence as anything else. If I don't want something, or don't know the answer to a question, I don't speak up.

But anyway, the suit does pretty well as a dynamic clothing prop. I am not going through the trouble of rigging it right now.

file_084b6fbb10729ed4da8c3d3f5a3ae7c9.pn

rokket posted Tue, 11 August 2015 at 5:40 AM

Last render of this suit.

file_b3e3e393c77e35a4a3f3cbd1e429b5dc.pn

rokket posted Tue, 11 August 2015 at 5:43 AM

This is a great suit, sometimes you can't take the silence as a negative. I am interested in anything for the default folks.

How else am I supposed to take it? Especially in light of the fact that I put in writing a request to let me know if you want it. If no one does that, then the answer is no. There are currently 2500 'artists' online right now. This thread is flowing down to the bottom of the page like a river on a flood swell. That says no interest.

seachnasaigh posted Tue, 11 August 2015 at 5:44 AM

Are those sky blue parts luminous, cousin?

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

rokket posted Tue, 11 August 2015 at 5:46 AM

Are those sky blue parts luminous, cousin?

Yeah, but I don't have your skills. I want to make them look like neon, but all I did was bump up the ambient.

rokket posted Tue, 11 August 2015 at 5:47 AM

I thought at one time you gave me a shader for this, but for some reason when I look at where I keep all of those, it's not there.

rokket posted Tue, 11 August 2015 at 5:53 AM

See, this is it...

file_8f85517967795eeef66c225f7883bdcb.pn

seachnasaigh posted Tue, 11 August 2015 at 6:01 AM

I want to make them look like neon

I think I can arrange that. :D   When it's ready,  I'll try to add concealed IDL emitters so that it will actually glow in Firefly renders. Assuming I can get the emitter rigging to match the suit. ; )      I don't think a shader on the visible neon will do it;  you'll need a second (emitter) mesh.

Poser 12, in feet.  

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

rokket posted Tue, 11 August 2015 at 6:06 AM

Site mail me. I don't know if I was smart enough to save your email address. I'll send you the mesh.

rokket posted Tue, 11 August 2015 at 6:12 AM

I did still have your email address. I sent you the suit.

seachnasaigh posted Tue, 11 August 2015 at 6:13 AM

Sent.  You'll need to check the site mail because the little notification icon doesn't work since the new website change.

Oooops.  Cross-posted.  OK, I'll take a lot at this in Silo, make a prototype emitter system, and then do some render tests in Poser.

Poser 12, in feet.  

rokket posted Tue, 11 August 2015 at 6:24 AM

The suit is not UV mapped yet, and the shaders on there are procedural. I will get around to mapping it eventually.

For the post above with the texture on it, that one was mapped, but I got rid of it because it was super poly heavy; like 90k...

rokket posted Wed, 12 August 2015 at 12:57 AM

I am getting her face closer to what I want for this character.

file_d1f491a404d6854880943e5c3cd9ca25.pn

rokket posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 12:51 AM

Keeping this one in plain sight. Just in case someone says "HEY! I've been looking for that!!!"

I love the Poser 10 morph brush. There was a lot of poke through here. Not anymore!

file_045117b0e0a11a242b9765e79cbf113f.pn 

RorrKonn posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 6:55 AM

Roxie A.K.A. Natasha Romanoff looks good Rokket

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

rokket posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 7:35 AM

Natasha Romanoff, aka The Black Widow!

I am waiting for my cousin, Seachnasaigh to give me an emitter package for the neon stripes on her uniform, and then I will rig it and put it in the freebies. 

seachnasaigh posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 11:04 AM

I'm working on it right now! :D   I'm setting up a proof-of-concept scene, making sure the emitter array can move with the suit, and then I'll need to run some test renders to get the emitters adjusted in intensity.

Poser 12, in feet.  

rokket posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 11:09 AM

Cool. Take your time. I am still working out some of the bugs with this suit. I am UV mapping everything and creating textures for the gun belt. It will be awhile before I am ready to rig it.

-Timberwolf- posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 1:16 PM

allright:

I have to tell you, that I feel a bit sorry about, that nobody seems to notice your work. You did a great job, and I known as a Roxie supporter apreciate, what you've created. It's a pitty, that Roxie isn't much supported in the comunity anyway, allthough I've noticed that her popularity has yet increased a bit.

I can only speak for myself: It's not you. It's just your timing, that is not that well chosen. DAZStudio is out with IRAY and G3Females, so I think lot's of people are (like I do) distracted from Poser by checking out DS and the new girls. (g)

About Roxie, I'm done with her. I've tried to get the best out of her, that I can do. But does anybody care? I don't know. I cannot complain about the download statistics of my SexyRoxy freebie, but I've never seen any renders using her. I've hardley seen any renders using Roxie at all. -Except in forum posts

There are hardley any Roxie Characters available, and beside my SexyRoxy I know of only one other Roxie Character, that realy make look Roxie different. Any other character look pretty much like the stock Roxie, so hardley a variation.

So keep in mind, realy great work. And to make a "black widow" suit is really a cool idea. Thanks for posting. :)

Glitterati3D posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 3:02 PM

allright:

I have to tell you, that I feel a bit sorry about, that nobody seems to notice your work. You did a great job, and I known as a Roxie supporter apreciate, what you've created. It's a pitty, that Roxie isn't much supported in the comunity anyway, allthough I've noticed that her popularity has yet increased a bit.

I can only speak for myself: It's not you. It's just your timing, that is not that well chosen. DAZStudio is out with IRAY and G3Females, so I think lot's of people are (like I do) distracted from Poser by checking out DS and the new girls. (g)

About Roxie, I'm done with her. I've tried to get the best out of her, that I can do. But does anybody care? I don't know. I cannot complain about the download statistics of my SexyRoxy freebie, but I've never seen any renders using her. I've hardley seen any renders using Roxie at all. -Except in forum posts

There are hardley any Roxie Characters available, and beside my SexyRoxy I know of only one other Roxie Character, that realy make look Roxie different. Any other character look pretty much like the stock Roxie, so hardley a variation.

So keep in mind, realy great work. And to make a "black widow" suit is really a cool idea. Thanks for posting. :)

Timberwolf, did you ever fix your Sexy Roxie morphs to work with Roxie1.1?  I have them, but also have Roxie1.1 so they don't work on her.

Glitterati3D posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 3:07 PM

rokket, I'm sorry people are being so obtuse.  I love Roxie and created quite a bit for her.

What that got me was laughed out of the room.

I know how you are feeling right now, and I could say I want your clothing here for her, but I created a bodysuit like this for her a year ago.  I just never bothered even trying to release it for her.  It would just garner more point and laugh out of this crowd.

Creating for anyone but at the alter of the Vicky Shrine does this - makes people point and laugh.

And this is exactly why I gave up vendoring.  I only create for underused figures and don't feel like being mocked and belittled for doing so.

Good luck.

On a "positive" note, just keep using the figures that make you happy. 

-Timberwolf- posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 3:16 PM

http://www.sharecg.com/v/76383/browse/11/Poser/SexyRoxy-UPDATE-!!!

http://www.sharecg.com/v/76305/browse/11/Poser/SexyRoxy

Has there been any version newer than 1.01 ???

If there has been and they didn't change geometrie, it should still work.

rokket posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 3:47 PM

http://www.sharecg.com/v/76383/browse/11/Poser/SexyRoxy-UPDATE-!!!

http://www.sharecg.com/v/76305/browse/11/Poser/SexyRoxy

Has there been any version newer than 1.01 ???

If there has been and they didn't change geometrie, it should still work.

I have the first one. I didn't know there was a 1.01 or anything else for Roxie. Is that part of one of the SR's?

rokket posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 3:54 PM

rokket, I'm sorry people are being so obtuse.  I love Roxie and created quite a bit for her.

What that got me was laughed out of the room.

I know how you are feeling right now, and I could say I want your clothing here for her, but I created a bodysuit like this for her a year ago.  I just never bothered even trying to release it for her.  It would just garner more point and laugh out of this crowd.

Creating for anyone but at the alter of the Vicky Shrine does this - makes people point and laugh.

And this is exactly why I gave up vendoring.  I only create for underused figures and don't feel like being mocked and belittled for doing so.

Good luck.

On a "positive" note, just keep using the figures that make you happy. 

Yeah, it's time to get thick skinned again. I shouldn't let this bother me so much. I know the Poser crowd is all Vicki happy. I've seen it in the freebies section. Someone will post 2 or 3 poses that anyone can create if they take a few minutes to figure out her rig, and get 2500 downloads in a few days. I will spend a week or more making a very detailed, very time consuming costume (like the Halo rig I did for Miki 4) and get 250 downloads in a year's time. I know. I should be more relaxed about it. But up until I discovered they were giving away a V4 bundle (I missed the opportunity to get M4) I didn't even own her. So I am behind the times. I don't care. I create what makes me happy. I create things for friends who can't create for themselves and don't want to spend the money for yet another V/M morph or costume. It's the modeling that makes me happy, not the end result. I could spend two weeks modeling a lamp and get more charged out of that then doing a render of V4 that gets me 10,000 hits in 3 days. That's me. I will continue to do what I do even if it's not appreciated by the masses. If 78 people have downloaded my work, great. Although, come to think of it, beyond hborre posting a render he did of my Miki Halo suit, I've never seen ANYTHING I have modeled in a render here or anywhere.... 

-Timberwolf- posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 3:59 PM

Yes, the "SexyRoxy Update" is the morph target for Roxie with the transmapped lashes as part of her head-mesh.

(Please be aware: For both characters, you'll need to adjust the eyeballs by using the translate dials.)

rokket posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 4:08 PM

If I do post this, I guess we will know by how many downloads it gets.

My MOS suit for Tyler is a niche. Nobody uses him or Ryan much anymore. But I do know that people are still making things for him. I uploaded it because someone wanted that suit for a comic they were working on. The best bending figure I had in my runtime who also had some really good muscle morphs was Tyler. So I made this suit for one person. As of this writing it has been downloaded 81 times in about 17 days (I am in the Philippines so I am 15-16 hours ahead of the US). Not bad for something I only did expecting one or maybe two people to download.

I've also noticed that there are VERY few people who pay any attention to my posts. There is a very small core group who respond to anything I say or any work I post. I am pretty much ok with that as long as I see more than 2 or 3 downloads of anything I create. The fact that anyone is downloading anything of mine gives me a thrill beyond anything you can think of. I started out downloading all these things I thought I might need, and as it turns out, when I learned how to use Wings and Blender, I deleted 90% of it because I created something better myself. It all works out.

I am only doing this to please one person: me. I realize that now. If no one wants my stuff, so be it. V4 still loves them. 

rokket posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 4:11 PM

Yes, the "SexyRoxy Update" is the morph target for Roxie with the transmapped lashes as part of her head-mesh.

(Please be aware: For both characters, you'll need to adjust the eyeballs by using the translate dials.)

I am going to get it. I like using morphs because they add spice to my renders. It's always nice when I can get something unexpected out of this.  

Now if someone could come up with a decent Scarlett Johansson morph for her, that would be awesome. I am getting close, but there is only so much her built in morphs and the face room can do. I haven't figured out how to make a morph that actually works when it's done, so I have to do things the hard way. 

-Timberwolf- posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 4:17 PM

a Scarlett Johansson morph for Roxie would be rally cool :)

seachnasaigh posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 5:39 PM

I support Roxie.  I support Rokket, too.  :D

I would be interested in the Halo outfit for Miki.

Here's the test render;  we got neon lighting for Natasha Romanoff!

file_cfecdb276f634854f3ef915e2e980c31.jp  Rokket, I'll do the OBJ extraction bit and pack both your suit and the unseen IDL emitter system up in runtime order.  I did them as dynamic (all constrained), but you could set the emitter up as a conforming figure.  The emitter needs to either be a separate figure from the suit or have separate body part names, so that you can un-tick the visible in camera box for the emitter.

You have to render with IDL for it to cast light.  In the test render, note the blue light on Natasha's left cheek,  the light from her left knee pad shining on her right hand,  and light from her right knee pad shining on the pavement.  The emitter light-casting strength is adjustable by changing the emitter's ambient value.

Poser 12, in feet.  

rokket posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 10:58 PM

Cousin, that looks absolutely PERFECT. I can't wait to see it. Yeah, it will all be rigged. There isn't too much call these days for dynamic cloth. I guess most people don't like messing with it; but to me, it's a much better way to go, especially for animation.

Thank you for your hard work. You just don't know how much I appreciate you.

Miki's HALO armor: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=71848 

seachnasaigh posted Fri, 14 August 2015 at 6:51 AM

Aha!  Got the Halo armor for Miki.  I had downloaded that before, but lost the machine it was on due to lightning.  I had a big (105lb) battery/surge unit, but if the lightning strike is close, a surge protector will be overwhelmed.  It destroyed the batt/surge unit itself, also;  it blew out some of the printed circuit paths on the motherboard without blowing any of the UPS' fuses or circuit breakers.  One bank of batteries looks OK, the batteries in the other bank are swollen and have even split open the casings.

Emitter prop & OBJ has been sent via e-mail.

Poser 12, in feet.  

rokket posted Fri, 14 August 2015 at 10:13 AM

And I got them and answered your second email. Thank you so much for your excellent work. As soon as I get everything figured out, I will rig it and then put it in the freestuff for everyone to play with.

You're one in a million! 

rokket posted Fri, 14 August 2015 at 11:30 AM

Damn my internet connection! I keep getting an invalid file error! Grrrrrrr.

I will try to download it later. It was crawling at 7 to 9 KB per second, and stopped at 1.53MB.

Been having issues like this all day. I don't know why. 

rokket posted Fri, 14 August 2015 at 12:23 PM

Well....

I went outside and vented my frustrations on a stray cat. I missed the little bugger but I got to see him (or her, I don't know) run like I shot at it.

I then went back in the house and rebooted my wifi router and my laptop.

I am back in business.

I have never rigged a suit with hidden emitters before. Will I have to give them a separate rig that conforms to the suit, or will they just stay where they are when I rig the suit?

I am going to assume the emitters are parented to the suit at present, and shouldn't be a problem with the rig.

I am still playing with rendering it. I am changing around some of the textures (not much, just making the honeycomb a little smaller).

News when there is something to report. A few days maybe. 

seachnasaigh posted Fri, 14 August 2015 at 12:57 PM

I had the emitters as a separate prop;  the suit and the emitter were each dynamically simmed.  The reason for separate props was so that the emitter's properties could be set to be not visible in camera (and not cast shadows).

file_8f53295a73878494e9bc8dd6c3c7104f.PN     To set them up as conforming figure(s), you would need to give the emitter separate body part names so that they would have their own properties, or make the suit one figure and the emitter another conforming figure;  that would also provide the emitter with its own properties.

The suit obviously needs to be visible in camera, but the emitter must be not visible in camera.

Poser 12, in feet.  

rokket posted Fri, 14 August 2015 at 7:40 PM

Ah, ok then. I have some work to do! This is going to be interesting.

rokket posted Fri, 14 August 2015 at 8:14 PM

This is how I had envisioned the suit to look. Your texturing is so much better than mine.

file_b3e3e393c77e35a4a3f3cbd1e429b5dc.pn 

rokket posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 4:05 AM

There are a few issues to iron out. I am tickled with the setup room in Poser 10. Much easier to deal with that previous versions.

file_c8ffe9a587b126f152ed3d89a146b445.pn 

Lyrra posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 9:05 AM

I'm just about to post a thread about my Roxie project. Nice timing.

I would be interested in a copy of this since I'm adding a massive amount of functionality to roxie and have maybe 6 things to test on the figure.

Thanks!

Lyrra

rokket posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 9:57 AM

Sure! It will be in the freestuff section once I get the bugs worked out. Give me a few more days. I have a lot of irons in the fire right now.

rokket posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 12:46 PM

I cheated and used the morph tool for these fixes. How will that affect the mesh in other bends or when zeroed out?

file_1d7f7abc18fcb43975065399b0d1e48e.pn 

Kazam561 posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 7:45 PM Online Now!

Nice work Rokket! Quick but silly question. Is this the outfit based from the newest Avengers movie? I haven't seen the movie yet. :)

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

rokket posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 10:01 PM

Yes, it is. If you haven't seen it, you will enjoy it. James Spader has some pretty good lines in there as Ultron.

Kazam561 posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 3:37 AM Online Now!

Thank you for the reply. Am hoping to buy the Blu-ray when it comes out and see it then, as it's so much cheaper that way than buying tickets (drinks and popcorn too) for the entire family. :) He's really good on the Blacklist. And in Boston Legal.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

rokket posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 4:13 AM

Yeah, I agree. Movie theaters don't make any money from ticket sales. It's all in the concessions. The prices of them are going up and the sizes are going down. I have a small family, just a wife and two kids. One is under 12. I can't even get in the door of a theater anymore for less than $50, and I can use a military discount where it's offered. Lucky most base theaters are free. You just have to wait for the movie to finish it's initial run most of the time.

Kazam561 posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 3:30 PM Online Now!

Yep. Plus sometimes (even though I like the idea of seeing them in the theater) you miss dialog, or a scene. It's nice to pause and rewind, especially with big action scenes :)

rokket posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 5:14 PM

Can't argue with that. I am being lazy. I still haven't rigged her boots. I am fairly certain the rest of the suit is good to go. Should have it done in another 24 hours or so.

Lyrra posted Mon, 17 August 2015 at 1:11 AM

Well you can set up a fix morph as a JCM (joint controlled morph) but it means either messing with the Dependent Parameter Editor or going into the cr2 and adding some code to the morph channels.  The code will pretty much say 'when this bodypart rotation channel is at this value, this fix morph should be at that value'.  Thats JCM's in a nutshell.. Roxie has some in her already, as well as joint deformer magnets, weightmaps, bulge maps and things to make for clean bends and natural folds.

Or you can name the fixes things like 'R Thigh Up' and 'Loosen Hips' and let the user sort themselves out.

I prefer to leave a lot of things manual since morphs + bends can cause figures to do odd things, and too many coded limitations in the clothing make it difficult to adjust for unexpected bulges.  But thats me. Some people prefer to hide all the moving parts from the end users.

Looking pretty good. Did you get the stripes actually emitting light?  oh and you have a little pop on the back of the ankles in that last image, over the tendon.

Lyrra

rokket posted Mon, 17 August 2015 at 2:11 AM

I saw that pop out. I am going to have to fix that or it will pop out of the boots when they are on her.

But this pose is really extreme, and I don't imagine too many people will be putting her into that position. I am really new to JCM's and such. I may not mess with them at all, and let the end user add the morphs into the suit.

And yeah, thanks to seachnasaigh and his magic, the stripes actually emit light.  

seachnasaigh posted Sat, 26 September 2015 at 6:18 PM

Just checking to see that this hasn't been forgotten/abandoned. I have an idea. No rush, though.

Poser 12, in feet.  

rokket posted Sat, 26 September 2015 at 8:26 PM

I am still going to finish it, I just have to finish a couple other things first. I put this one on the back burner until I could fix the issues. If you have an idea, you've got my undivided attention!

seachnasaigh posted Sat, 26 September 2015 at 9:03 PM

Check site mail. :-)

Poser 12, in feet.  

rokket posted Sat, 26 September 2015 at 9:29 PM

Checked and replied!

rokket posted Sun, 27 September 2015 at 12:10 AM

I reread this thread and now I am interested in her again. I think I am going to remodel a lot of it, especially the gun belt. I am going to go for the military style double holster thing she was wearing in Iron Man, and model two 9mm pistols for it. They will be smart propped to the holsters, but easy enough to translate to her hands,

rokket posted Tue, 29 September 2015 at 9:04 PM

Work on the Black Widow for Roxie begins tonight. I am going to work from the ground up. Once I get the initial modeling and rigging done, I'll send it to you for the emitters and whatever magic you are going to put on there. I will UV map the parts. I am thinking of modeling the jump suit and boots as a single mesh and use displacement for the boots. I am going to make a new gun belt and pistols as I stated earlier. Should be done in a few days unless I get distracted again.

The boots will have the same heel as the costume worn in the latest Avengers movie.

seachnasaigh posted Tue, 29 September 2015 at 10:07 PM

Oh, good; integrated suit & boots would be preferable to me (simplifies the hierarchy panel). Please model the boots -and all other items- such that they can get by if need be with only bump applied (no displacement used).

I'm running tests with your earlier Black Widow outfit right now. :D

Poser 12, in feet.  

rokket posted Wed, 30 September 2015 at 12:04 AM

Yeah, bumps are actually preferable for me too. The new suit has a lot more piping on it, and right now all the pieces are separately modeled and not combined. So if you take it in a modeler and separate the pieces they can be worked on individually. The boots will be added onto the suit once I get them modeled too. I am redoing them so that they have that high heel that Scarlett wore in the Avengers Age of Ultron movie. They will probably be done tonight when I get off work. I may just see if I can add the heel to what I already modeled so there isn't too much work to do. The new suit is just the old one with more glowing things added and I changed a couple of the materials around. You'll have to look the entire thing over because everything that is light blue will glow. Give me two more days and it will be in your email.

rokket posted Wed, 30 September 2015 at 12:06 AM

Thinking about it, I won't have to use bump maps for the boots. They are modeled separate and will just be added to the mesh when I export it. So we are good.

rokket posted Wed, 30 September 2015 at 6:52 AM

Email sent. Take your time. I am in absolutely no rush. I really need to decompress after doing so many projects like that. I am just going to mess with aspects of Poser I haven't really touched yet, like the face room, bullet physics, and everything else.

rokket posted Wed, 30 September 2015 at 6:57 AM

BW.png

Just basic textures here. I haven't really messed with them at all. I will wait until I rig it to do anything with them.

hborre posted Wed, 30 September 2015 at 8:21 AM

Looking good.

rokket posted Wed, 30 September 2015 at 8:22 AM

BWwithholster.png

Hair and an improved gun belt.

rokket posted Wed, 30 September 2015 at 8:26 AM

hborre posted at 6:24AM Wed, 30 September 2015 - #4231600

Looking good.

Wait until you see what it looks like when it's finished! Seachnasaigh is working his emitter magic on the suit.

rokket posted Wed, 30 September 2015 at 8:27 AM

I need to model a gun.

Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not. I am mentally tired right now.

rokket posted Thu, 01 October 2015 at 6:05 AM

BWwithGUN.png

Watch out, she has a Glock 19 now...

rokket posted Thu, 01 October 2015 at 3:58 PM

BWwithGUN2.png

And she's not afraid to use it.

rokket posted Thu, 01 October 2015 at 10:29 PM

Ok, in light of the struggles I had posing that gun, I decided she is going to have 2 of them. Glock 1 will be parented to the gun belt, so it will be a smart prop. Glock 2 will be parented to her right hand. So you would load whichever one you want to use based on the scene. The one I modeled holstered doesn't like to rotate around to fit in her hand so I made a second one that will load onto the scene with the barrel pointing at the camera (main camera) and positioned up near her right hand. This one is easier to put into a proper gun pose.

rokket posted Thu, 01 October 2015 at 10:32 PM

Oh, and one last thing: I am going to remodel the holster to fit the gun a little better and get rid of those back facing polys that are poking through.