Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: It takes 45 seconds ...

bagginsbill opened this issue on Aug 18, 2015 · 60 posts

bagginsbill posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 7:09 AM

It takes 45 seconds to open the Poser forum now. Refreshing the page is the only way I learn when somebody has said something new because the ebots don't work and have not worked for more than six months.

Clicking the "Last" button on a thread was the next step to see what was added, and that no longer works, either. The Poser 11 sneak peak "Last" page goes to 11 (heheh) but there are 18 pages as I'm writing this. I was coming in to add another image to that thread but I think not.

Bye Felicia. Seriously - bye. I'm not wanted here. After the last rewrite of the site I wrote many threads explaining what problems they created.

The most serious were the lack of ebots, unable to search, and having to wait six seconds to load this forum. Of those three, the search got fixed by opening to Google (good) but the ebots are still broken and now it's 45 seconds to load this forum.

Oh - and have you tried the full screen edit - completely white - can't read anything you're responding to. Brilliant -
I've barely used Rendo since the last update. After this one I can't imagine subjecting myself to this infuriating situation by participating for anything like the level I am used to. I already was down to lurking most of the time. Now I'll probably not even lurk very much.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

heddheld posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 8:33 AM

best dig out my password for t'other place ~ been reading your views on cycles in poser

WandW posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 9:42 AM Online Now!

I haven't noticed slow loading, but I don’t see any way to quote a post. 😒

An apostrophe shows as a Question Mark in Preview; we'll see how it shows up in a post. Edit; interesting; some show each way!

I had to reupload my avatar at 200x200, too, as it was a tiny square in a circle.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

LaurieA posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:15 AM

The @ sign (mention) is now the quote. And we now all have a number, just like the prison system. LMAO. Unfortunately, the only thing that shows up when you quote someone is a link to the post being quoted in a link with the @ sign and our pris...member number ;).

Laurie

bopperthijs posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:29 AM

In my opinion this is the worst upgrade ever, usually I'm not disturbed easily, but now I'm really upset : where is the member tab? how can I find my freebies? where is my account? Where is the forum button? This afternoon I tried to find a special vendor and instead of a nice and clear pull-down list with all the names in alphabetical order, I was faced with a page full of mugshots I had to scroll through.

Bah!

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

LaurieA posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:42 AM

Under your avatar in the upper right hand corner you'll find a dropdown list of your gallery and freestuff if you click on it as well as all your forum settings and stuff.

Laurie

ssgbryan posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:55 AM

I am going to give it 30 days.

If I am still as pissed as I am right now (Can you tell I am a member of Prime?), then I'll dump my 100+ items in my wish list and move on to other storefronts. It isn't like there is much in the way of "Must Have" here. And when I dump those wish list items, I'll send a note to the vendors letting them know why they can look forward to not getting my money anymore. This is a hobby, it is supposed to be fun. These idiots are sucking all of the fun out of spending time here.

If enough of us hit management in the wallet, maybe they will get the message.

bopperthijs posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 11:00 AM

I had found it allready, but thanks for pointing it out. I am mainly upset because they tossed over the complete layout of the site without any notice. They should supply a manual for every user how to navigate through to the site again.

Regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

mackis3D posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 11:15 AM

Image1.jpg

I really hate the fat three lines above this web page (as highlighted in the screen shot). I understand the importance of the upper one. But the symbols at the right corner waste too much space (like that nonsense new Adobe Acrobat Reader), The middle line is a total waste of space with just four buttons. And did anyone ever used the button 'Mark All Read'. I mean I get it that it is supposed for people with memory issues. But they probably forget to use it - so what's the point? Third line: five buttons at the left - nothing else. This is a showcase of the web designer's vanity and reduces display of the comments of the forum users. On my 1280x1024 display monitor (125% font size) I get just the first comment...

Oh and the line at the bottom: really why do we have to get these Facebook, Twitter etc. buttons EVERYWHERE? We know how to find Rendo elsewhere. We're here because we don't want to be at Facebook and co. right now. Get rid of these space wasting graphic display of obesity or do it much much smaller!
PLEASE.

WandW posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 11:36 AM Online Now!

@4220259

Let me see if works, Inmate Laurie... 😖

Edit; That's a quote???? This TRULY BLOWS!! 😠:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

WandW posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 11:38 AM Online Now!

LaurieA posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 11:49 AM

Tell me about it!...inmate WandW. LOLOL

Now we just need to memorize everyone's member number and we'll know who quoted us, but not about what - unless we click on the link ;).

Quoting another forumite seems to be a normal thing on other forums....why does it have to be such a clusterf*** here?

Laurie

rokket posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 11:57 AM

Fix it until it's broke. Been doing that the 5 years I have been hanging out in here. I am not an old time like some people here, but the changes here affect me more than most because I will spend upwards of 3 to 4 months without ever getting on here. And every time I do, it looks different.
And now it's broke. I think I will follow Ted and just leave.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

obm890 posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 12:35 PM

Well, I was an old time member, joined in 2003, but with this latest downward lurch, I'm done. As of a few hours ago I'm no longer a vendor here and probably won't stick around much as a visitor. Enough is enough.

Coleman posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 12:45 PM

It's like that microscopic sized scroll bar in Poser's library... annoying... right OP?

Only, we know this site will be updated to work again shortly... unlike that scroll bar

hmm.. editing this post took no time at all.

chaecuna posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:17 PM

@obm890: where are you leaving for? I would like to remain in contact with you.

P.S.: the last one please turn off the lights.

PrecisionXXX posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:21 PM

It's gone from minor parts being suckage, to the whole thing being major suckage. But, in all the time I've used this site, fubar seems to be their mode of operation. If it works, it's gotta be changed, Gonna drop it for a few months,

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

hornet3d posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:57 PM

obm890

Quote - "Well, I was an old time member, joined in 2003, but with this latest downward lurch, I'm done. As of a few hours ago I'm no longer a vendor here and probably won't stick around much as a visitor. Enough is enough."

OH, I do hope this starts a trend. I have money to spend but I have gone from being pleased to spending it here to hating spending anything. I have stayed this long because there are vendors here that I have been buying from for ages. If they go I have no reason to stay here and will happily follow.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Miss Nancy posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 4:18 PM

you quote 'em by "copy-n-paste", preceded by blockquote char which I can't type but which is "less than" char
may need to enable services cookie in order for various funcs (e.g. markdown) to work

services

SoulTaker posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 4:30 PM

reminds me of the old days on 56k dial up,
don't think much of the new look site, hope the glitch's
will be sorted VERY soon

rokket posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 5:14 PM

I hate to leave, especially right now. I am in the middle of a couple projects going on here. I will give it a couple days for things to calm down, but then I am going to have to check out other options.

Poser options.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

SamTherapy posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 5:32 PM

Due to the new anti sweary rules, I am forced to say "Blinking flipping flip!" to the general state of the place, the lack of user friendliness and the loss of so many good people.

:(

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Latexluv posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 6:05 PM

Go to the Commons Forum and launch a complaint there. Some one might pay attention there. Actually do something about this mess.....that I don't know. Have any of you looked at what mess was made of the galleries?

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Digitell posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 6:11 PM

Please be patient. We are working on the issues and are doing what we can to make this site more user friendly! Ever site that has issues doing a revamp goes thru various problems and it takes time to iron them all out. Things will get better!

hborre posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 6:14 PM

Well, the gallery is a complete disaster. View an image and going back to the gallery places you exactly the beginning again. It appears so dieorganized.

Digitell posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 6:21 PM

Yes, we know the gallery is in need of fixing and I was informed that they are working on the issues.
Thank you so much for your patience.

ssgbryan posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 6:40 PM

Patience my ass.

In all honesty digitell, when was the last time you gals fixed something and made it better?

I have been here a decade and I can't think of one.

rokket posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 6:42 PM

My only real complaint is that you KEEP CHANGING THINGS. Why mess with something that is working? Why bother to change it if things are going smooth? What is the incentive? Is it a money thing? I really want to understand why this keeps happening. The search engine on here has been broken for I don't know how long. Instead of instituting all these changes, why not just fix that?

Digitell posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 7:30 PM

Please do not get ugly ssgbryan. Comments like that will not help things. Negativity is never good and wont help.
Please try to be patient. Thank you so much! :)

EldritchCellar posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 9:40 PM

Hmm, weird. Thought the site had been hacked or something, kept getting big warnings from Chrome every time I came near the site. Entropy as usual, first my account is mysteriously deleted with no explaination and "we don't know what happened" and now another bizarre change. Like the members # touch though, also is this supposed to look better to a phone/tablet user? Don't like the weird giant bar across the top that's hanging over like a guillotine... Guillotines and index #'s... now I get it. :D
Meh, whatever.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

tonyvilters posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:01 PM

I left because of all the fighting.
I came back because of a project that got my attention.

Now, I am lost.

Click on the "Poser Freestuff" link here above.

You get flooded with Gen 3 stuff.

WHO THE HELL CARES?????

This is the POSER forum, and I expect the POSER FREESTUFF link to go to the POSER FREESTUFF

Just like the DAZ users expect the DAZ freestuff link to got o the DAZ compatible freestuff.

WHAT do I care for Gen 3 stuff??? The DAZ/DS boys need Gen 3 freestuff.

RESTORE : RESTORE the SITE to December 2012. That was the LAST time it worked properly.

And YES : TONS of moderators before you told us to stand by, wait, we are working on it.

Yep, just waiting what you are gonna break tomorrow. Is there anything left that works? Please be my guest ; Go for it!

EldritchCellar posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:06 PM

Hey vilters, been seeing ya over at rdna.
How the hell do you format text in this now? Like italics n such, on a mobile device.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Razor42 posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 11:14 PM

Please be patient. We are working on the issues and are doing what we can to make this site more user friendly! Ever site that has issues doing a revamp goes thru various problems and it takes time to iron them all out. Things will get better! - Digitell

It does get frustrating being told to be patient and don't be negative. When there were still numerous outstanding issues with the last web site build that were NEVER fixed. The standing line became "We have passed this on to the programmers and they are working on it." Sound familiar? I also agree more and more lately moderators/coordinators have taken to speaking to people like 10 year old children and it's wearing a little thin.

Daz boys

I'm not even going to touch that one....

EldritchCellar posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 1:03 AM

Your site is busted. Gave it the benefit of the doubt but... busted.

MistyLaraCarrara posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 2:02 AM

😖

major eggage suckage

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

12rounds posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 2:08 AM

Personally I didn't think the forums could get any worse. I was wrong.

cspear posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 3:44 AM

@4220618 The forum has been a pig's breakfast for months and every change you make seems to make things worse. It's time to get real, move whoever's responsible to lighter duties, and bring in a professional to sort the mess out.

You're obviously in a hole. Stop digging.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

cspear posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 3:44 AM

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

MistyLaraCarrara posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 3:45 AM

monstrosity @ rosity

🙀

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

12rounds posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 4:19 AM

@4220815

At least now this forum accepts The Most Important Thing(TM) a forum software absolute must accept - emojis. Like 🛄, ⛄ and 🍺 without which Poser forum members simply cannot survive. Features such as searching and a sane quoting system are not so important apparently.

Spitting goat

12rounds posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 4:23 AM

wolf359 posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 8:52 AM

Quote>>"Tell me about it!...inmate WandW. LOLOL
Now we just need to memorize everyone's member number and we'll know who quoted us, but not about what - unless we click on the link ;).Quoting another forumite seems to be a normal thing on other forums....why does it have to be such a clusterf*** here?
Laurie"

Hmmm😕
it seems I no longer have the option of manually quoting users with my trademark orange bold text.

oh well 😩

My website

YouTube Channel

LaurieA posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 10:35 AM

Yea, but just look at all these great smiley faces we got! 😣

sigh yep 😱

Laurie

LaurieA posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 10:37 AM

@4220898

Hmmm
it seems I no longer have the option of manually quoting users with my trademark orange bold text.

oh well

Ya can if ya can do it in markdown language. More code to learn. YAY!

LaurieA posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 10:38 AM

LaurieA posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 10:50 AM

I'll tell ya a secret. Right now I'm actually pining for the old black and kelly green interface of the old OLD Rendo. No kiddin.

Laurie

PrecisionXXX posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 11:36 AM

Search filtering, useless. Quoting, I see is something of the past. Anything logical seems to be against the site policy. SNAFU and FUBAR seem to be the order of the day, or year, maybe the century. Change every few months is never for the better, change for the sake of change usually means FUBAR it worse.
Yes, an infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of typewriters would eventually compile all the great works of literature, but it's hardly the way to go about a website. The way it's going, the smell of a well aged honey wagon load would be easier to take. And serve a useful purpose.
But I guess "Post" is too complicated for most people, "Add Comment" is better, but only to those without the capability of actually reading. Right now, this site is major suckage, and with rosity's rep for "fixing" things, abandon hope, there isn't any.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

A_Sunbeam posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 1:41 PM

Let's sing a happy nonsense song
And think of silly things
Of how some fish have fingers
And why no pigs have wings.

(just keeping myself amused till it's all sorted out ...)

jarm posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 3:32 PM

Been here since 1999 I think. The forums are not much fun anymore, this new site design is truly awful and the store hasn't had much to interest me in a long long time.

I'm done and leaving

Been fun and a part of my life, not putting up with it anymore, revert the site to a usable state (agree 2012 was last time it was good to use) and I might come back, otherwise me and my wallet are going elsewhere, I won't miss what i don't check in to look at.

jarm posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 3:34 PM

oh additional, why is a huge chunk of my browser window taken up with massive thick menu bars, it's like I install Ask toolbar or some other Malware....

Boni posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 5:10 PM

We are looking into all these issues.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Latexluv posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 6:14 PM

At least for me, under Firefox, the bottom bar is mercifully gone today. Now they need to get rid of the white bar, and fix the Freestuff section. I will put up with a "Trending" section (as absolutely stupid as that is), if they would bring back being able to search by software and by specifics (should be like it used to be, a drop down menu where you could display V4 items only, or G2F items, Lights......you guys remember).

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

tonyvilters posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 6:37 PM

"We are working on it."

Where have I read that before?

Ah, here, just before I left.
And the week before that.
And the week before that week.
And about every week before that week.

RESTORE to december 2012. The last month this thing worked as it should.

shvrdavid posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 9:12 AM

I don't really think that it needs to be rolled back to a previous version, and I doubt they have backups of it anyway.
I seem to recall someone mentioning that they didn't, but I am not 100% sure about that.

What would be really nice, is to just make one version work and stick to it. Constantly replacing one broken version for another is beyond odd.
From what I have seen of the new site so far, it could be made to work even thou I do not like how some of it is set up.
But; based on prior events I am not very optimistic about it. History has a tendency to repeat itself, and this upgrade is no different in many ways.
They say you should give the benefit of doubt, but as it stands now there is more doubt than benefit.

Who knows, maybe I will be surprised once it is done. But I think it should have been further along than this before going live if you ask me.

Running off people that have been here for years continues to happen, but I really wonder if that matters anymore.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

GeofiX posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 10:06 PM

"Please be patient. We are working on the issues and are doing what we can to make this site more user friendly!"

Been hearing that one for months now...

TheAnimaGemini posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 10:27 PM

Now thats funny . i click on Emoji and got this. I am done here :(..Kaspersky.jpg

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

ashley9803 posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 1:31 AM

I don't post to the forum much anymore. Perhaps someone could tell me why I must now wait 25 seconds for an advertisement to load before letting me into the marketplace?

Photopium posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 8:55 AM

"We're looking into it"

That seems to me to be crazy talk. It seems to suggest that this is all coming at you guys off-guard. Like you really expected people to like these constant, ever-worsening changes to Renderosity. Like you're all just puzzled beyond belief.

You ask us not to be negative, but sometimes the truth is not positive. Your members are angry at you guys taking what was once a great and highly functional forum/site and consistently sabotaging it beyond usability.

It's like you don't want to consider an inconvenient truth, only continue to push agenda of encouraging everyone to leave.

It's time to own-up to the mistakes and admit that these changes are pleasing absolutely nobody except the pockets of whomever is doing this terrible work.

You guys just don't want to take any heat or own any responsibility for how horrible things have become.

It's frustrating and it makes you guys look totally oblivious to what anyone here wants or needs.

It reminds me of George Lucas and his commitment to Jar-Jar Binks and adding fart sounds to Original Star Wars and other atrocities.

Oblivious.

MistyLaraCarrara posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 9:42 AM

rest in pieces

WandW posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 11:40 AM Online Now!

I just discovered that I can go anywhere on the forums and galleries with out being logged in, including member profiles and Gallery art with a Content Advisory.

I'd report this to a Moderator, but clicking on the moderators on the Forum Page takes me to the Homepage.

Thank Goodness we have Emoji... 😫