Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Genesis 3

radioham opened this issue on Aug 29, 2015 ยท 14 posts

radioham posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 6:22 PM

Why dose my Genesis 3 not give an Icon in the contains page

Ian

KarenJ posted Sun, 30 August 2015 at 9:35 AM

Hi Ian,

I'm going to move this post to the Daz Studio forum for you where you should get more support :)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

radioham posted Sun, 30 August 2015 at 11:24 AM

Many Thanks Karen Ian

RHaseltine posted Sun, 30 August 2015 at 2:20 PM

Are you looking at the Smart Content pane or the Content Library pane? Did you install the Genesis 3 Starter Essentials with the Install Manager or manually?

radioham posted Sun, 30 August 2015 at 2:45 PM

Hello I downloaded it with the Manager I just would like the icon to show up in the content library

My hair is getting grey with this program

Ian

LPR001 posted Mon, 31 August 2015 at 12:43 AM

Hi radioham it can take a little while to get used to all the features and functions Daz Studio software has offer. Then they add more :-)
You should find your Genesis 3 in the
-Smart Content library you won't see the face of actor as it is a pack/bundle but you should see a colorful can't miss it cover thumb. (Pic)
-You will also find your Genesis 3 in the Content Library under Products >G. Products Library is a handy source and quickest when I need something. That is if you can remember what the product name is. The product library contains only products you purchased thru Daz
-Daz Studio FormatsYou need to click and start opening the file tree in Content Manager > Daz Studio Formats as selecting the first older will not give you result.
Hope this helps

Screenshot (56).png

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

radioham posted Mon, 31 August 2015 at 7:21 AM

Very many thanks the image that you have up is what I have I had got from Daz store a few things over the last few weeks G3 must have come down with them

Ian

LPR001 posted Mon, 31 August 2015 at 8:49 AM

Hi Ian
The Genesis 3 female is part of the standard download of the current Daz Studio software so she would have automatically come down the wire to you along with some other products when you did your install to help start you off. Nice character too renders up well.

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

radioham posted Mon, 31 August 2015 at 11:34 AM

Yes she is an greaty character great body renders very well Many thanks for your help Ian

Jon_artist posted Thu, 10 September 2015 at 12:55 AM

Hi! Help please! No animation works. The body of real estate.Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg Untitled-3.jpg

bhoins posted Thu, 10 September 2015 at 9:10 AM

Jon_artist posted at 8:09AM Thu, 10 September 2015 - #4227486

Hi! Help please! No animation works.

It is a different rig. The poses or animations will need to be converted. There are products that do just this.

Jon_artist posted Thu, 10 September 2015 at 9:50 PM

Hi! Tell me, what kind of products? What are their names? Thank you!!

bhoins posted Fri, 11 September 2015 at 9:07 AM

Much depends on exactly what you are converting, and converting from which figure to which figure. Note some aniblocks were designed for V4/M4 while others are for Genesis, and others for Genesis 2.

For example if you are using Aniblocks, then a pose converter in a secondary aniblock line will do the trick. If you are using a set of poses or puppetmaster and letting DS do the tweening for you then a pose converter applied as each pose is applied at the correct keyframe is the way to do it. If you are taking premade animations that are not aniblocks then an animation converter is what you need.

A place to start might be these, which convert Genesis 2 to Genesis 3: http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-to-genesis-3-pose-converter http://www.daz3d.com/animation-conversion-genesis-2-to-genesis-3

But like I said, much depends on exactly what you are trying to do, so choose what you need based on what you are doing, and find the right solution for your exact needs. .

Jon_artist posted Sun, 13 September 2015 at 11:24 PM

Thank you so much!