Forum: Fractals

Subject: The Next Da Vinci?

Lenord opened this issue on Sep 22, 2015 ยท 4 posts

Lenord posted Tue, 22 September 2015 at 1:36 PM

Next da Vinci? Math genius using formulas to create fantastical works of art

That was the Headline of an article on CNN.com under World News, it caught my eye so I checked it out. My first thought is were talking Fractals right, any of us Fractalists would think Mathematical Art=Fractals wouldn't it? Nope, it's about a 25 year old Math Student, Hamid Naderi Yeganeh in Iran who is making Great Art with Mathematics........Wait a second, haven't us Fractalists been doing that for Years and Years, using Math of all things to make Art. Hell the Math is already there developed by the likes of Benoit Mandelbrot, Sierpinski, Menger et all, all you have to do is know where and how to use it. Yet the article never mentions their Names or even the term Fractals, I mean c'mon get serious. It's no wonder Fractals are not widely known when so few actually know what they are and some Math dude in Iran can do these Spirograph looking Fractals and he's Coined the New Da Vinci, that's a Joke to me. It's no wonder CNN is dying as a source of current News, Years late on a Subject and whole lot of Facts short on the Subject, that article just really made me Angry they really don't have a Clue.

Benoit Mandelbrot Rules!!

Remember...No matter where you go there you are