Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Noob question about loading and fitting clothing in DS

perpetuavelouria opened this issue on Nov 08, 2015 · 13 posts

perpetuavelouria posted Sun, 08 November 2015 at 8:17 AM

Hi - as a recent convert from poser to DS, I am having trouble getting my Arin's 'Panties for Beauty 5' figure to fit, conform, etc... to my model (based on v4.2) - perhaps someone can help me? In poser I would double click to load the figure, then 'conform to' V4.2, then magnetise, and I was good to go. In DS, I load the figure by double clicking, then chose 'fit to' V4.2. THere doesn't seem to be a 'conform to' option. the panties are invisible, inside the V4.2 figure. What do I do next? Thanks

Digitell posted Sun, 08 November 2015 at 8:21 AM

Hello Perpetuavelouria, I too am rather a newbie at the Daz Studio, but, from what experience I DO have I know that when you want clothing to fit to the figure you have to have the figure that you want the clothing to fit to selected Before you load that clothing..then load the clothing and it automatically fits onto the figure..That is how I do it..but..I have known others to say you can ALSO just drag and Drop that clothing ONTO the figure.. Hope this helps some

LPR001 posted Sun, 08 November 2015 at 8:39 AM

As digitell has stated you select figure first then double click to load. You could also if you had loaded panties without figure selected go to your scene pane and select the panties (Highlight) then right choose click fit pantie to..... and a window will open up and you can fit from there.

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

perpetuavelouria posted Sun, 08 November 2015 at 8:40 AM

Hi both, yeah - I tried both these methods, but still no joy. I wondered if there was an important Daz-only step that I was missing out on?

LPR001 posted Sun, 08 November 2015 at 8:43 AM

So you have character in scene you have a V4.2 and the panties are Arin's 'Panties for Beauty 5' which are for V4.2? what happens when to try the right click option I described?

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

wheatpenny posted Sun, 08 November 2015 at 11:15 AM Site Admin

Another way to do it: Select the item you want to fit then go to the Parameters tab and there is a thing that says "fit to". Click on that and the window LPR described will pop up.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

FlagonsWorkshop posted Sun, 08 November 2015 at 1:14 PM

I don't have those because I am not buying new clothes for V4. The fitting options for the Genesis figures are a lot better. V4 had a lot more poke-through. If the pants are entirely inside the figure after fitting them to V4, I would first check to see if there is an "expand all" morph.

RHaseltine posted Sun, 08 November 2015 at 3:38 PM

If the figure is morphed right-click and select Transfer Active Morphs.

FlagonsWorkshop posted Sun, 08 November 2015 at 3:48 PM

RHaseltine posted at 3:47PM Sun, 08 November 2015 - #4237508

I never knew about that one. Might have saved me a lot of trouble in the past 😁

perpetuavelouria posted Sun, 15 November 2015 at 6:51 AM

LPR001 posted at 6:49AM Sun, 15 November 2015 - #4237476

So you have character in scene you have a V4.2 and the panties are Arin's 'Panties for Beauty 5' which are for V4.2? what happens when to try the right click option I described?

HI - thanks for the advice - I will just go check...

perpetuavelouria posted Sun, 15 November 2015 at 7:26 AM

diogenese19348 posted at 7:20AM Sun, 15 November 2015 - #4237510

RHaseltine posted at 3:47PM Sun, 08 November 2015 - #4237508

I never knew about that one. Might have saved me a lot of trouble in the past 😁

Right click V4.2? or the clothing? Anyway - I started by trying the scene afresh, with just the V4.3 figure loaded, then just adding the panties to the scene. It has loaded onto the V4.2 figure pretty well. But It still needs some king of adjustment to get it flush to the figure (which is a custom morph). I can't see to make any difference by right clicking and "Transferring Active Morphs" though. Looks OK, but I had to use the Panty figure's own 'adjustment' morphs to get a reasonable fit. Can't I somehow transfer the features of the V4.2 figure to the Panty figure, so that Wherever I pose her, her panties follow, without need for adjustment? 2015-11-15.png

RHaseltine posted Sun, 15 November 2015 at 3:39 PM

Transfer Active Morphs isn't going to be perfect, it is after all an automated process. If the clothing mesh is lower resolution than the figure, for example, a morph may move a vertex out where there's nothing to move in the clothing and that will cause poke-through (it can't think to bridge from elsewhere). Another tool you can use that may help is Collision - select the clothing item and (from memory) go to Create>New Smoothing Modifier; under the new Mesh Smoothing group in Parameters set the Collision target to Victoria 4 if it isn't and if necessary make small adjustments to the iterations. You can also add a Push Modifier, again in the Create menu, which is similar in effect to an expand all morph.

Bejaymac posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 8:12 AM

Couple of issues most are unaware of.

Most Poser conformers don't actually auto-conform to the selected figure in either Poser or DS, this is due to the item having to be the only thing in the scene when it's saved back to the Figure Library, as a result auto-conforming gets turned off in the CR2.

Second issue is the biggest one, Cross Talk in Poser, most vendors are still paranoid about getting this, as a result they go out of their way to make sure their morphs don't Cross Talk, everything from "wrong" names in the valueParms, to totally buggered ERC code, all of which gives the DS user a headache as most of these methods don't work in DS.

Transfer Active Morphs (Morph Follower in DS3A) scans the figure for the active morphs, it then checks the conformers "fitted to" the figure, here it's checking for the valueParm names, if it finds any matching names in the figure and conformer then it will not "transfer" the morphs.

Now if your character is a custom morph using the legacy channels (PBMCC or PBMDC) then TAM will transfer the morphs, however if your character is dialspun and TAM isn't doing anything, then it's safe to say it's the standard Cross Talk cluster**** and the ERC code needs redone.