Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: UV Lighting Effect PP2014 (as seen in DS)

Glen opened this issue on Nov 21, 2015 ยท 7 posts

Glen posted Sat, 21 November 2015 at 5:25 PM

Hi folks,

I found this product for DS and wondered if there's anything available for PP2014? If I'm honest, it doesn't look perfect, but I think, with tweaking and with the right scene, it could work wonders. I'd also be interested in making maps which could work with this, for example, having the dark base on a character's skin, while having bright orange eyeshadow.

Let's see if we can get some interest in this, maybe BB would be interested in this?

Thanks.

http://www.daz3d.com/ultrueviolet-light-and-glowing-shaders-for-daz-studio

I'm running Win 10 Pro 32GB RAM Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

My DA Gallery: glen85.deviantart.com/gallery

Peace, love and polygons!

seachnasaigh posted Sat, 21 November 2015 at 11:59 PM

My workstations are currently tied up with renders, but just eyeballing that promo, I'd say you to use relatively saturated colors, and give them ambient moderated by fresnel (edge blend effect).

It would be easy to also control the effect with a mask, so that you could have day-glo eyeshadow.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

RorrKonn posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 3:36 AM

I'm not a render guru but Blenders Cycles you make a mesh the light. I'm guessing same for Poser 11

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

seeker posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 4:19 AM

You can always go for the tattoo option and just plug it in the ambient color.

1.jpg

You obviously need a better mask than the one I have here but the setup is pretty easy :)

seeker posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 4:45 AM

Here's one in a low light setting. You can see the light from the stencil on the cube.

2.jpg

Not optimal but it does the work. I wish BB was here :(

Glen posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 5:11 AM

Thanks for the replies! That tattoo effect looks interesting, but I'm not familiar with the method.

I'm running Win 10 Pro 32GB RAM Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

My DA Gallery: glen85.deviantart.com/gallery

Peace, love and polygons!

seeker posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 6:04 AM

Here's the setup I used for the first one

tattoo1.jpg

And this is the second one

tattoo2.jpg

Just add these nodes to your existing skin setup. You can change the color and the ambient value to whatever you want.

I'm sure there are much better ways to do this and I hear the new poser has a layering function that would make these obsolete.