Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Dynamic clothing alternatives for DAZ Studio

DeepRed opened this issue on Dec 09, 2015 ยท 5 posts

DeepRed posted Wed, 09 December 2015 at 8:03 AM

I'm looking for a clothing item - doesn't matter if it's G3F, G2F, Genesis or V4 - namely a 1960s/70s style mini-dress with long sleeves and wide cuffs. For reference here are some pics of what I'm after:

Kaleya's Sombre Dynamic Gowns and i13 & 3D Sublime's Hippie Chic fit the bill perfectly, but they're dynamic clothes and only work in Poser. I'm quite happy to stick with DAZ Studio since I find clothing items easier to work with in it.

Short of kit-bashing existing clothing items, is there anything similar to the above that works in DAZ Studio? I usually look pretty thoroughly in the marketplace area but so far I haven't found anything that matches.

Donate via PayPal

Digitell posted Wed, 09 December 2015 at 8:08 AM

Have you tried using the V4 morphing fantasy dress along with the expansion pak? The wide sleeves could be obtained by using the expansion pak with the morphing fantasy dress.

3doutlaw posted Wed, 09 December 2015 at 8:29 AM

For $5, I would get the Dynamic dresses, import them as an OBJ in Daz, and use the transfer utility to put a simple rig into them. :) ...but I like to tinker!

Kenmac posted Wed, 09 December 2015 at 11:44 AM

Actually Wendy (Wilmap) has some free 60's and 70's inspired clothing at her website. You do have to sign up to download it but it's not a problem.

60's Mini Dress and Collarless suit Part 1

60's Mini Dress and Collarless suit Part 2

For a more early 70's style there's this:

Genesis 70's Flower Power Part 1

Genesis 70's Flower Power Part 2

Genesis 70's Flower Power Part 3

Good luck!

DeepRed posted Tue, 15 March 2016 at 9:00 AM

Thanks for all the advice. In the end I did some kit-bashing, as well as getting the Florinda Dress from DAZ3D. Here's the end product:

Rendo Gallery: Painted ladies

Donate via PayPal