Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Pimping up V4 WM?

lookoo opened this issue on Dec 23, 2015 ยท 9 posts

lookoo posted Wed, 23 December 2015 at 3:44 AM

Hi folks!

I have been a Poser user since the days of Poser 4. As far as figures are concerned, I have been fairly conservative. It took me a long time to switch from V2 to V3 (chiefly because I use custom-made clothes, and I wanted to avoid the hazzle of doing everything anew), and I was also pretty late to adopt V4. I have been using V4 weightmapped for my main female characters for two years or so, and I really like it.

Now, realizing how many ppl seem to switch to DAZ under the impression of V5, V6, V7, I wonder if V7 is really so much better than V4 WM. I don't really mind differences in realistic bending as I believe the bending abilities of V4 WM are pretty good. I wonder about subtle details in the mesh, accentuated feature on hands, the neck etc. I have started toying with X&M perfect V4 morphs. What I realized yesterday is that applying the all-in-one morph of Perfect V4 into a weightmapped V4 seems not to work.

Any experiences with "sculpting" V4 WM towards increased realism without the help of Z-Brush?

Thanks in advance!