Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Inflating water wing freebie as Bullet physics example

Cage opened this issue on Feb 16, 2016 ยท 6 posts

Cage posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 6:10 PM

I've been playing around with using Bullet physics to inflate and deflate objects. I've put together this example to show how Bullet can be used to inflate an object and fit it around another object, using an inflatable water wing.

The zip file is here: http://www.morphography.uk.vu/~cagepage/2016/water_wing_Bullet.zip

water_wing_freebie.jpg

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Cage posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 6:11 PM

Here are the instructions, also included in the zip.

water_wing_instructions.jpg

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

EddyMI posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 12:47 AM

Hello Cage! Great work! Is it for Modo or Cinema4D?

Live Long and Prosper

Sockratease posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 3:36 AM

EddyMI posted at 3:35AM Wed, 17 February 2016 - #4255449

Hello Cage! Great work! Is it for Modo or Cinema4D?

I was hoping it was for Carrara!

But that looks like poser's interface in the screen shot...

Look For Silly Art on Sockratease.com!

Free Fractal obj Files!

UVDan posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 6:54 AM Forum Moderator

Thanks Cage.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Cage posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 8:55 AM

Yeah, this is a Poser freebie. Sorry. I didn't realize the former Poser Freebie forum had been merged with others.

The same principles applied here would presumably work in other software which offers similar Bullet softbody capabilities. So if you have Poser and something else, maybe what's shown here could be transferable. Umm.