Forum: Community Center

Subject: Need help finding - shopping for costume pieces for V4 superhero

mmitchell_houston opened this issue on Feb 18, 2016 ยท 2 posts

mmitchell_houston posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 12:52 PM

So, I wrote a long, detailed post about what I'm shopping for, only to have this dumb system erase it. "Even has been logged." Dammit! I am livid, and do NOT have the time to rewrite this. Okay, I've taken 10 deep breaths, and am typing this in Notepad so it won't happen again. Here's the deal.

Back in 1982, I created a superhero named Ultra. This sketch is by an artist named Steve Addlesee, who did it based on my designs. We actually did publish some fanzines with her in it, but those had very low press runs in the early 1980s, so I'd be stunned if anyone here had ever seen her before.

At any rate, I would now like to recreate her using V4 in Poser.I'm shopping here and there to find the bits and pieces of her costume that I need. I'm aware that I will have to do some customization, but I'd rather find things that are as close to perfect matches as possible.

I have: Mask and bracelets (but would look at others, if suggested).

I need:

Shirt: Puffy sleeves, open neck, x cord at neck (I know I'll probably have to add the x myself) Vest: Short, with a few movement controls would be nice

Belt: She's shown here with a chain belt, but I'd actually prefer the gold metal disk belt that the Black Widow wore in 1970s Marvel comics

Trunks: I have one set, but am looking for others

Boots: I really want them to have the heel and points at the top -- I don't want to mess with morphs (especially since morphs tend to be kinda soft, and I want hard, sharp points). I am aware that I will need to retexture the boots, and I'm okay with that.

I'm looking for free and commercial products. I've done some shopping, but there's just so much here that I'm overwhelmed, which is why I thought I'd ask for input. Also, I will be working in Poser 11, so I'd rather avoid Daz Studio items (but will use them if they are the best choice).

Finally, if anyone would like to discuss doing a character design for me, I'd be willing to talk about it. But I doubt I could afford it. Still, it doesn't hurt to talk.

Thanks to anyone who responds. There's just so much stuff here at Renderosity, and to be honest, hunting for ONLY thigh boots that fit Victoria 4 is a long, tedious process.

THANKS AGAIN!

Ultra_Color.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity