Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The order of listings within the cr2 Channels block is important!

Cage opened this issue on Mar 07, 2016 ยท 9 posts

Cage posted Mon, 07 March 2016 at 3:56 PM

In the course of customizing the rigging for some figures, I've come to realize just how important the order of listings inside the cr2 Channels block can be. All of the different types of listings should be in certain places. Moving them around can massively alter how a figure handles. Unfortunately we can't rely on Poser to be careful about the order of listings, as we use its native tools to modify our figures. Poser will sometimes plunk morph or joint listings just anywhere at all in Channels, when transferring morphs and joints. This can make a real mess of a figure.

I have attached an image illustrating a problem I recently came across, and its solution. If you have been modifying your figures, or even just transferring joints and morphs, and you begin to see strange problems that can't be fixed with Poser's native tools, you may need to look inside the cr2.

In my case, I added Chest to the actors to be deformed by Head rotations, on a customized Antonia-WM. The picture on the left shows an ugly neck ridge that resulted, when certain Head and Neck rotations were used together. The Neck and Chest vertices were pulling in opposite directions at the actor weld.

I tinkered around a bit with the cr2 and found that the Head joint affectors in the Chest channels block needed to appear before the neck listings, and not after. Poser had placed them after Neck, apparently just plunking them in at the end of the set of all child affector listings.

I'm starting to think the Poser File Editor should just be included with Poser, like Wardrobe Wizard is nowadays. Poser creates for us certain problems, by doing things sloppily inside the cr2, and the resulting messes need to be cleaned up on the file level. But the good news is that they can be fixed.channel_order.jpg

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.