Forum: Community Center

Subject: Daz3D RuntimeDNA Merger, Ethics, and Fallout

KageRyu opened this issue on Mar 29, 2016 ยท 12 posts

KageRyu posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 1:08 AM

In light of the merger, I find myself displaced as a Vendor from the team I have worked with for the last 4 years, and locked out of the larger portion of the community because of past arguments with Daz3D resulting from their bad acts. I have tried to resolve it amicably with Daz3D, but have been getting the runaround for the past month. I have only even remotely tried to be polite because so many at RuntimeDNA are friends, and now that many of them are moving to Daz3D legal actions will cause fallout for them. However in light of this most recent email from Daz3D, I am taking legal action: **"Hi Mark, Thank you for your email. The possibility of your request has been discussed among our Management Team. However, given the history of events, we feel very strongly that there no longer be a business, artist, and/or customer relationship between yourself and Daz 3D. We apologize for the frustration and disappointment this may cause. We do wish you all the best in your future. Sincerely, Britney Creek Daz 3D" I encourage any and all who are also negatively affected by this merger, who lost income, are no longer RuntimeDNA vendors, whatever, to join me and make this a class action suite - as Daz3d's actions are in violation of numerous fair and ethical business laws in the United States, as well as interfering with reasonable trade. Reach out to me through my accounts at Renderosity, Deviantart, or Facebook. I also encourage any who are or were former Daz3D vendors who disagree with Daz3D being able to prevent customers from accessing your products, dictating who you are allowed to sell to, or limiting community access to join in. As Daz3D is a brokerage selling for a large cadre of 3rd party authors and developers, their actions are wholly illegal and a direct violation of various U.S. Ethical trade and business laws, and are discriminatory practices that interfere with fair trade. My account was not locked out for breaking any laws, or violating the EULA of software I purchased, or engaging in suspicious or fraudulent purchase or transaction methods - but for having words with upper management following months of over charges, purchases that were inaccessible, account problems and the willful provision of false statements by two of Daz3D's upper management to PayPal and myself. It was direct retaliation for filing grievances with Paypal and with my state AG following all efforts to resolve issues with Daz3D breaking down - and such retaliation is illegal. This sort of conduct hurts vendors just as much as it hurts the customers they do it too, because it not only causes a loss in revenue directly for the Vendors (Nightshift3d, DZFire, Stonemason, Valandar, Predatron, MightyMestophales, Ngartplay, Mortem Vetus, Traveller, I am talking to you among so many others as I would still support your products if not for Daz3D's illegal practices and blacklisting me from the marketplace). It also hurts the vendor as it exposes them to the risk of being considered an ally or accomplice of bad business practices. Contact me if interest and willing to join the litigation. Sincerely, Mark A. Fares

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!