Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Add trans map, without over ridding texture.... HOW??

DigitalDreamsDS opened this issue on Jul 06, 2016 ยท 7 posts

DigitalDreamsDS posted Wed, 06 July 2016 at 1:52 AM

I want to make a transparency mat that can be used with several texture options. How do I do this without getting rid of the existing texture? I don't want to have a bajillion mat files lol

Boni posted Wed, 06 July 2016 at 7:09 AM

What version of Poser are you using? P11 has a layers feature that could save time and energy ... but there are ways in older versions of Poser as well.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

tonyvilters posted Wed, 06 July 2016 at 8:48 AM

If you want to use multiple transmap texture files on a single Material zone.

Use a Blender node. From Transparency, create a Blender node

Hope this helps? Euh, load Transmaps at GC 1.000

Poser11 has layered texture possibilities, but only for the SuperFly render engine.

Boni posted Wed, 06 July 2016 at 2:19 PM

👍 , thanks Tony. You Rock!!

Boni

DigitalDreamsDS posted Thu, 07 July 2016 at 9:05 AM

Tony, I'm sorry I think you misunderstood. For example, I have a pair of gloves that have a texture applied, but I want to have a material setting that will apply a trans without overriding the existing material. How do I save this mat file? Do I need to edit the mat file in note pad?

Boni posted Thu, 07 July 2016 at 3:09 PM

Ah, I've struggled with this problem as well ... again, P11 solves this ... but if you don't have P11, we need help.

Boni

3DFineries posted Sat, 09 July 2016 at 6:00 AM

You can just plug in your map to the transparency node and set value to 1. Not sure how you can save it so you can reuse it without overriding though. Usually, you will just click the + sign in the material room and save the whole thing or just one node, but when you load that mat again, it is going to override everything there. Check out ArtBees Missing Poser Manuals as it may help or wait until one of the gurus comes along.

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store