Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Black Preview Screen?

mmitchell_houston opened this issue on Jul 13, 2016 ยท 6 posts

mmitchell_houston posted Wed, 13 July 2016 at 11:22 AM

I strongly suspect this has something to do with my OpenGL drivers, but I thought I'd ask the experts here. I usually do my 3D on a computer with an nVidia 4 GB GeForce 960 video card. But I needed to go out of town for two days, so I installed Poser 11 on my laptop (an i5 with integrated Intel graphics). I was just going to do a little figure work, maybe texture a new character -- nothing much. And I've run Poser 2010 (and 2014 Pro, for that matter) on this laptop in the past.

But now, on all three apps, I just get a black preview window with a tiny white stripe down the middle. Any ideas what could be causing it (and how to fix it)?

Poser11screenshot.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

mmitchell_houston posted Wed, 13 July 2016 at 11:25 AM

BTW, exact build of Poser is: 11.0.4.32600. But this is happening on all three of my Poser installations on the laptop.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

Boni posted Wed, 13 July 2016 at 12:19 PM

Have you tried switching to Sreed? See if that makes a difference. If not, send your configurations with screenshots and this explanation as a report to SM support. But of course first look over the supported list of graphics drivers on their site. Good luck with this.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

mmitchell_houston posted Wed, 13 July 2016 at 12:54 PM

I looked for a list of drivers and didn't find it. Can you please guide me to it?

I should have mentioned that Sreed did work, but inasmuch as I'm trying to use the Comic Book Preview (which requires OpenGL), that didn't help.

Thanks again for the tip, though.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 

Boni posted Wed, 13 July 2016 at 1:28 PM

Hmmm. Your initial assumption may be correct if Sreed works. Let me look ... hea, to make it easier I will link this thread where I can get help for you.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

shvrdavid posted Wed, 13 July 2016 at 1:42 PM

Without knowing which HD graphics is in that processor it is hard to guess.

Once you know that, go to Intel's site and download the newest driver for it.

Then after it is installed you will have may to go to the control panel for it and turn OpenGl stuff on or possibly up.

Google Intel Driver Update Utility and run that if you are not sure which driver you need.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->