Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Cloth room ... tips ... tutes ...

Boni opened this issue on Nov 07, 2016 ยท 10 posts

Boni posted Mon, 07 November 2016 at 5:58 PM

Hopefully within the next week or 2 I will have a webinar on the Hair room for you nice people. But in the meantime, I would like requests, links, tips and suggestions for Webinar #2, the Cloth Room. This way the next one won't take nearly so long to put together. I want to make these a community venture. We all have questions, discoveries, tutes we've discovered, master users we'd like to have information from and other information. Sometimes it's as simple as clarification on how a process works. That is what this thread is all about. Ready to hear from you.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

vitachick posted Tue, 08 November 2016 at 4:54 AM

Looking forward to it...Need all the help available.

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

parkdalegardener posted Tue, 08 November 2016 at 5:24 AM

Boni you know I'm going to tell you to go check out my section at PFD. There are missives on Wind Force, multiple character interaction with dynamic cloth, interaction with objects, basic functions and advanced as well.

Artbee has some great Cloth Room tutorials. He spent a great deal of time and energy researching the math behind the whole thing and how it works. Great stuff.

Boni posted Tue, 08 November 2016 at 8:33 AM

Fantastic! You two are my first go-to's for all of this stuff you know! For those who want to have a sneak-peek:

aRtBee's Missing Manuals: Cloth Room

PDG's Dynamic Tutorial

These will be some of the things we will cover in the next Webinar ... If of course the first one goes well.

Cheers all! And Please add your finds, questions and tips you may have yourselves!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

EClark1894 posted Tue, 08 November 2016 at 10:15 AM

You might need to hunt her down, Boni, but I think Esha might be a big help to you regarding the Cloth room. Also PhilC has those free Cloth room presets available.

rokket posted Tue, 08 November 2016 at 7:31 PM

Cloth-settings.jpg

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

parkdalegardener posted Wed, 09 November 2016 at 5:59 AM

I think that chart is missing from the new documentation. I seem to remember it back in PP2010 or PP2012.

rokket posted Wed, 09 November 2016 at 6:06 AM

To be honest, I don't remember where I got it. I just know I use it a lot.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Miss B posted Wed, 09 November 2016 at 12:13 PM

I saw it on an old page on the SM site, but I think someone found it on the WayBack Machine, so it's not a page that's currently up on the SM site. I found the information above the two charts at the bottom of the page more helpful, because it explained each option and what it did, with graphic comparisons to show how some of the settings looked when rendered.

The Poser Manual falls short often in that respect, as it only mentions what each item is, but doesn't explain how to use them.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

aRtBee posted Fri, 02 December 2016 at 3:42 AM

This table dates from the times that Poser did not had a Cloth Room at all, and perhaps even did not even existed itself. Cloth Room itself originates from a 3DS Max 2 plugin.

See http://www.book.artbeeweb.nl/dynamics-iii-2-3-values-on-the-net/ and http://www.book.artbeeweb.nl/dynamics-iv-3-cloth-simulation-in-perspective/ I wrote on this about 4 years ago. Just consult my website to build an understanding of the Cloth Room parameters, and don't forget to take an aspirine every now and then when wading through the Advanced section. Alien brain is recommended.

have fun.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though