Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: objfile lines in ,pz3 and .cr2 files

Anthony Appleyard opened this issue on Jan 21, 2017 ยท 5 posts

Anthony Appleyard posted Sat, 21 January 2017 at 10:34 AM

Hereinafter, the slash character / should be everywhere be read as backslash, because Renderosity's editor acts badly with genuine backslashes.

In Poser job files, the instruction objfile is followed by the address of a geometry file, for example:

objFile 20 C:/Poser4/Runtime/Geometries/P4NudeMan/blHipNoGen.obj

with a number before the filename.

I am writing a program to look through a Poser job file and correct any wrong filenames that it can. It seems to work OK.

But (for example) it changes

objFile 20 C:/Poser4/Runtime/Geometries/P4NudeMan/blHipNoGen.obj

into

objFile :Runtime:Geometries:P4NudeMan:blHipNoGen.obj

with the number removed, Finding why is clearly my job. But the Poser job file seems to run OK with the number removed. What is that number for? Or is it a fossil from old versions of Poser? Or what?

PhilC posted Sat, 21 January 2017 at 11:26 AM

It may be old but I would hesitate to say redundant. Look in "Business Man P2.cr2" for "objFile 1002 :Runtime:Geometries:maleHandsHi:lHandShape_2.obj" and subsequent lines.

Anthony Appleyard posted Sat, 21 January 2017 at 12:19 PM

The Businessman that I know was around from Poser 3 times :: I know, I have been using Poser since Poser 3 was the latest version. He is in Poser 11 apparently unchanged from Poser 3, complete with the long-disused material "jaket" which likely got in way back as a mistype for "jacket" when creating his .obj file, and those two-colored shoes.

ironsoul posted Sat, 21 January 2017 at 6:27 PM

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2904440

Anthony Appleyard posted Sat, 21 January 2017 at 11:44 PM

Thanks. Uhh, it seems that I have set my program ("chekobjp") to preserve the number after "objFile" only if the number has 4 digits.